As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] What Are All These Buttons, Paladin Thread?

1464748495052»

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    A couple. There's one parry trinket (346 blue with Equip: 285 parry), and some dodge trinkets (Darkmoon Card: Earthquake with 321 dodge, another heroic blue with 285), but I'm wondering how these other tankadins are geared that they're saying you can pick up Souldrinker and still be in a situation where you've got to start reforging OUT of mastery because you've got way too much.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    there's lots of mastery/avoidance trinkets out there; spindle, stay of execution, that firelands dps trinket that some shield tanks used, the mirror, the one from the brewfest boss, etc

hell buy a fire of the deep from the VP vendor

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Could buy Fire of the Deep eventually, but that's not for another two weeks, if I decide on that being the next purchase. But it doesn't help that every other VP upgrade is a mastery downgrade.

And Spidersilk Spindle and Stay of Execution both involve Firelands and I've never gotten in there (everyone's all "LINK ACHIEVE OR NO INVITE"). What I'm gearing up for is eventually tanking for Raid Finder raids, lacking a work schedule that fits with any of the raiding guilds I've come across. Dragon Soul Raid Finder is where Souldrinker is the weapon flagged for a +100 bonus to tank Need rolls, but is without any dodge/parry/mastery.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Eternal Glory is a waste of points for prot, maybe not back when WoG had no cooldown, but now its a very small threat increase.

GBTL means you never have a wasted WoG since it turns any overheal into a shield.

RE: Sabre yeah, looks like the double stam trinkets are the problem.

One suggestion is the Mirror of Broken Images (mastery trinket from TB dailies). I'm pretty sure many (if not most) pally tanks still have one in their bags or bank (hell, I still have it just in case).

• Options
    I've never actually gone to Tol Barad either. On any character.

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    The TB trinket is incredible. The mastery is great, but the on use is ridiculous in many fights. It's worth doing the dailies for a few weeks to get.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't say you really need to be CTC capped for RF raids then.

If your question was just "how are tanks getting to the point where they can say Souldrinker is good for them since they'd be CTC capped without it?" Then the answer is that they probably are raiding and have access to the big mastery trinkets.

forty on
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, but the Wowhead comment saying as such was under the Raid Finder version of the weapon. Which I guess actual raiders could use too if they're looking for extra loot beyond their own normal raids.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Considering how relatively few guilds are going to be killing normal mode Deathwing anytime soon, yeah the RF version should see some use. Beyond that, there's omnipresent RNG fuckery potentially keeping that weapon out of the hands of people who are kililng Deathwing. RF for some is a last resort to fighting against Blizzard's shitty raid seeds.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Just bought the BoE VP bracers with gold, which didn't come with any mastery on them but the old VP tanking bracers I already had didn't have any either. Already purchased relic and ring with VP, leaving 50 points leftover for now. The rest of the itemlevel upgrades I could go for off there, relative to current gear:
    Neck [1250 VP]:

+45 strength
    +65 stamina
    +65 dodge
    -4 mastery

Cloak [1250 VP]:

+51 armor
    +46 stamina
    +261 parry
    +127 expertise
    +1 socket
    -54 strength
    -160 resilience
    -160 mastery

Trinket [1650 VP]
    +458 mastery
    +2290 dodge on-use (15 sec per 90 sec)
    -575 stamina

Waist [1650 VP]
    +117 armor
    +40 strength
    +88 stamina
    +81 parry
    +1 socket
    -7 mastery

Boots [1650 VP/BoE] (Bladeshatter Treads)
    +142 armor
    +39 strength
    +88 stamina
    +216 dodge
    +39 parry
    +1 socket
    -197 mastery

Helm [2200 VP]
    +168 armor
    +119 stamina
    +218 parry
    +233 expertise
    -58 strength
    -216 mastery

Chest [2200 VP]
    +207 armor
    +80 strength
    +119 stamina
    +76 dodge
    +259 parry
    -243 mastery

They got the helm and cloak with expertise; is that still much more vital for a warrior tank than a paladin one? Or is it just a threat stat to get when all other stats are taken care of?

SabreMau on
  • Options
    Pallies reforge expertise off so it's not that useful for us. If you did get it the first stop would be the ethereals to reforge it to mastery.

Do you have the cloak from the Thrall questchain?

• Options
    Had it. But on recommendation from a Maintankadin sticky, I switched it out for the season 10 PvP cloak, for +71 armor, +39 strength, +60 stamina, +26 mastery, -134 dodge, and some unnecessary resilience.

• Options
    Ahh yeah, I haven't checked their lists for a while, so I wasn't aware that the PVP cloak was listed. I can see why though if it offers those stats.

you mean this thread: http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30432

Wow, talk about a lot of PVP gear.

At any rate, they list not only the Mirror, but also the mastery + str on use trinket from TB (I personally wouldn't go that far unless you wanted it also for a ret set.

Your best bet at this point, IMO, is to take a long hard look at your trinkets and consider using TB to at least get yourself a mirror, and then go from there.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, looks like they just upgraded the thread recently. The last time I looked at it, it said 4.2, now it's 4.3.

But it looks like it's missing all the gear from the Hour of Twilight heroics. Seems to be all BoE/points/rep gear only.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    Yeah they mention that in the thread, this is stuff you can easily farm without going through the trouble of having to roll on drops, its all vendor/quest/crafted.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ah, then it's not the main thread I was looking at on the way gearing up, which is still 4.2 Tank Stages and Cataclysm Gear Guide. Thought they replaced this one with that one, but they just bumped and updated that one this afternoon.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    Ahh okay, yeah that thread is a bit outdated, the other one is what they're working on to add to it.

This discussion has been closed.