As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Kronus vs. the Image Dump (Page 8)

• Options
    ChromatomicChromatomic Mr. DCRegistered User regular
    edited September 2011
    So is the plunger what you use when a mario or a luigi gets stuck in your plumbing, or what a mario of luigi would use against the various denizens of the sewer system?

Also I like the triforce idea, if your looking for more you could try a greek/roman ruins triforce, or replace the symbols on the dollar with one (although this one might have been done before).

Chromatomic on
  • Options
    KronusKronus Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    A Super Plunger has many applications and to limit them to just those two options would suggest that it is anything but super.

(It doubles as a hat too!)

;)

EDIT: BotP
    Kronus wrote:
    For fun:
    640x515.png
    ForcesonaTriangle.png

I might clean up this second one and include all of the details. We'll see!

Kronus on
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Just a random thingy I did today when I should have been doing other things:
    megaanglemockup.jpg
    I like one colour on white, it's nice and clean and I really enjoy the contrast. Perhaps I'll make another soon!

In other news, my Stormtrooper design will be printed with RIPT Apparel at the end of the month! :D Very cool for me, haven't had any of my designs printed before so I'm very excited!

Kronus on
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Posting this WIP because I have some really important homework to get to and I am doing everything in my power to put it off until the last possible minute D: Still working on the text at the bottom, and trying to incorporate some other element from the movie but I haven't put my finger on it yet.

*image removed*

EDIT: It has been pointed out to me that this is very similar to another movie poster, this was not my intention so I decided to take it down :)

Kronus on
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    NIFTY

• Options
    Benjamin.Benjamin. Registered User regular
    Your minimalistic film poster designs are just plain clever! I'm enjoying these a lot.

15661_s.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Haven't gotten much done in the past week, I've started at least 5 different designs, I hope to follow through with a Dr. Mario design that's close to completion. With any luck I'll finish it this afternoon so that I don't feel as though I've wasted the week entirely!

And in other exciting news, my first shirt is on sale today at Ript Apparel!
    7OQP8.jpg
    I have another shirt printing with them next week, hopefully I can keep this momentum going during school (which is such a drag lately D: ).

Kronus on
  • Options
    GastonGaston Registered User regular
    I totally dig your style Kronos. Your poster designs are simple, elegant, and very clever.

Awesome stuff.

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Ok so in the past month I really haven't accomplished much. The combo of school, work, volunteer stuff and ridiculous amount of stress has sorta stifled my productivity but I'm trying to get back into the swing of things. Just a couple of random fun things while I get warmed up:

tumblr_ltqxu9OGku1qjb8xho1_500.jpg
    Waldotest.png

Kronus on
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Looking back, the shapes in 'I Heart Mega Man' looked pretty awkward so I had another go at it:

iheartnewwhiteshirt.jpg

EDIT: Also very pleased that this is getting printed with RIPT Apparel in a couple of weeks! I know I posted it earlier on this page but I fixed up the distressing a bit and now it's on green, appropriately:
    caution_by_iwilding-d48ukpx.jpg

Kronus on
  • Options
    sharky tsharky t LondonRegistered User regular
    Those last two shirt designs are totes mcgotes ah-mayzing!

• Options
    Thanks!! :)

What do you folks think of this?
    builtheroeswip.jpg

• Options
    ChromatomicChromatomic Mr. DCRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    That's pretty damn sweet. My only minor critique is if that typeface works all that well. My point illustrated with bat mobile blueprints.

Chromatomic on
  • Options
    Yeah good call, maybe something like this?

builtheroesmkIII.jpg

• Options
    beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    yeah that font is way better.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    This has probably been done before, but I couldn't find anything on Google and it was fun to do!

WiiMove4.jpg

Kronus on
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    powerringswip.jpg

I need to do something more interesting with the text at the bottom, I'll start on that tomorrow!

EDIT: Also this, decided to revisit an idea I had way back. Not sure if I want to stick with the pixels or make them realistic flowers.
    pacmangardenwip.png

Kronus on
  • Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    Keep these ideas flowing man, really digging all of this.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Thanks Prospicience! :D

Here's how things turned out:
    Thelordoftheringswip1.jpg

I like this one a lot better!
    EDIT: I'm not sure if I should add the iris to the Eye of Sauron or if I should leave it solid red. Hrmmmmmmmmm

Kronus on
  • Options
    Pac man flowers are brilliant, def keep em pixels!!

• Options
    edited November 2011
    In keeping with the LotR theme I've got going on, here's something simple:
    640x800.jpg

Kronus on
  • Options
    Any crits on this one? Does his hat look weird without detail?

120starswip.jpg

• Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    This is all pretty rad stuff.

• Options
    Thanks Mustang!!

Just a rough draft, the footsoldier's muscles are pretty wobbly :P
    NoFootsoldiersAllowedwip.png

• Options
    m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    Radical.

• Options
    hamshams Registered User regular
    I like these a lot.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks folks!

Here's my next thing. I'm wondering how this would read to someone who doesn't know the reference, would they read that 'A' without knowing the context?
    coolsecretbro.png
    (oops, need to fix the kerning around the 'v'!)

Kronus on
  • Options
    I definitely read those as 'A' and 'V' without knowing what it's about. I'm guessing it's some old game like Zelda or DragonQuest though.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    m3nace wrote:
    I definitely read those as 'A' and 'V' without knowing what it's about. I'm guessing it's some old game like Zelda or DragonQuest though.
    I'm guessing it's a reference to the "hidden" rupees in every Zelda game ever. People hide their life savings in bushes or pots thinking they'll be kept secret and safe.
    Until some adventurer comes along and smashes the fuck out of every pot in town and then makes up for it by butchering every bush he can find.

But yeah, read it as A and V pretty quickly. If you wanted to make it clearer, maybe a lighter color on the gem so the letter parts of the outline stands out more.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Awesome! Yeah, it's a Zelda thing, from the first NES game.

I'm pleased with how it turned out, but I still need to find a way to present it in a more interesting manner. I might add more rupees or something like that! I'm trying to stick with the same colour rupee from the game, but I definitely agree that I should make it a bit lighter.

Kronus on
  • Options
    Adventurers are such dicks.

• Options
    You speak as if you've never played a Zelda game before...

HEATHEN

• Options
    Awcmon, the ps2 was my nintendo64.
    and as you read this you will start to feel older and older, relaxing your limbs you start to feel like a corpse coming apart

• Options
    m3nace wrote:
    Awcmon, the ps2 was my nintendo64.
    and as you read this you will start to feel older and older, relaxing your limbs you start to feel like a corpse coming apart

When you said "some old game like Zelda" my face went D:

• Options
    MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
    At least we know that zelda games will eternally be smooshed into new platforms via digital distribution and HDification. Besides, I doubt OOT will die for a long, long time, considering its pretty much still the all-time-high-scoring-anything-ever. Only games with unreasonably large fanbases and large mod communities will outlast a monolith like that.

Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wall-Ewip.jpg

Tomorrow I think I will add a scene from Earth to the left of Eve, and the Axiom spaceship to the right.
    EDIT: I'm working on a new PC so haven't transferred over my Photoshop brushes yet, but I definitely need to add a bit of distressing to Wall-E.

Kronus on
  • Options
    I like that Zelda typography a whole bunch!!

That ninja turtle one could use some tweaks though. At first I thought the silhouette was supposed to be Ryu from Street Fighter. Maybe make the figure purple or at least put some purple accents in there somehow?

• Options
    Yeah for sure, my brother suggested I use Shredder's silhouette instead of a footman but I haven't gotten a chance to give it a go. I definitely like the idea of adding some purple to the footman though, I think that will make a huge difference. Thanks!! :)

Aaaaaaaaand here's a bit of an update, while I continue to procrastinate. Finals are the worst.
    itsasecret2.png
    Finally found a way to use the Zelda font while sticking with the same general idea. I think I'm going to get rid of the doodads on the S and E, maybe add some vines around it to give it some colour. If I submit it somewhere as a shirt, I was thinking I could put weapons inside some of the letters in glow in the dark ink, a Bow inside the D, Slingshot in the Y, maybe the I & T on the left could be the hilt of the Master Sword.

• Options
    Exams are over which means it's time for new stuff!

pikawip.png

• Options
    worstcaseworstcase Registered User regular
    These are great. Seriously, I love that last one.
    Pokemon...bringing back those memories!