As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

There Will Be [chat]

• Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote:
    DRAAAAAAAIIIINNNNAGE!

I told you I would eat you, boy!

I AM THE THIRD REVELATION!

In other news, the Starbucks at Bloomberg is the worst. The goddamn worst. My drink tastes like ass and took them seven minutes to make.

But their wifi is decent.

Starbucks coffee is 1% coffee 99% flavored syrups. Nasty (but some of them do taste p good).

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Ass to ass?

you sick freaks

You know you want it
    you want me to teach thee
    the things that freak these booys

ass 2 ass
    nutsy bolts
    [chat]/wang

PSN: Honkalot
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I saw No Country without knowing shit about it.

I had a big D: after the first five minutes.

• Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    Boring class!!

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    One thing that still eludes me abut his performance in that movie. Exactly where in the hell in that accent from.

They tell you in the film... it was a rural accent from one of the big states; his fake brother told you at one point.

There were people who sounded like that; I met REALLY old people in South Dakota around Rapid City who looked and sounded like him.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Nova_C wrote:
    I didn't really like There Will Be Blood, with one exception: Daniel Day Lewis' performance was mind bogglingly amazing.

I felt this way until I recently watched it again. his performance IS the movie in a more substantial way than I thought before. it's really brilliant.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    The only thing worse than when a piece of technology that stops working for no reason is when it starts working for no reason.

WHYYYYYYYYY

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    that was a good month for movies

although no country for old men was superior

:O

yeah I still think No Country is better

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    No Country is a great movie but the invincible, unstoppable, implacable bad guy kind of places it firmly in the realm of fantasy or myth. Chigurh is scary the way Michael Myers is scary. Daniel Plainview is scary in the way real people often are, in the way he has some genuinely admirable qualities but they all kind of go sour and result in something horrifying.

rRwz9.gif
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    So people are still doing this paleo diet thing?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    blaaaaaaaaruuugghhh

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    1323327170828389.jpg

Daniel Day Lewis hibernates for a couple of years. Then he makes an amazing performance.
    Then he hibernates. Then same thing again.

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    I couldn't get in to No Country... but I want to give it another shot some time.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Honk wrote:
    Daniel Day Lewis hibernates for a couple of years. Then he makes an amazing performance.

His acting must be measured and spent in careful doses, to preserve him for the coming generations.

From No Country and The Road I have come to the conclusion that Cormac McCarthy only writes really positive novels where everything is nice and stuff goes just like the protagonists want.

• Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote:
    I couldn't get in to No Country... but I want to give it another shot some time.

I recall kind of being boggled at the ending, I clearly missed the point, so I need to go watch it again too.

• ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote:
    No Country is a great movie but the invincible, unstoppable, implacable bad guy kind of places it firmly in the realm of fantasy or myth. Chigurh is scary the way Michael Myers is scary. Daniel Plainview is scary in the way real people often are, in the way he has some genuinely admirable qualities but they all kind of go sour and result in something horrifying.

I don't find having a largely symbolic, non-realistic character to be a strike against a narrative. I'd agree Plainview is a better character than Chigurh but I still think No Country is the better movie overall.

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    I want to leave already

• GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    tommy lee jones's soliloquy at the end of no country for old men was really good

but i think i like there will be blood better

919UOwT.png
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    I drove around my county today for six houuuurs.

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    you know what would help with my depression right now

getting hugged and talked to and told everything will be okay

but aaron is at work until five and it takes him forever to get here

so i got some time that i need to distract myself during otherwise i'll just wallow in misery

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Echo wrote:
    Honk wrote:

His acting must be measured and spent in careful doses, to preserve him for the coming generations.

Well he pracices the "black art" of method acting, and I honestly don't know if he could psychologically do a bunch of films back to back ala Buschemi or Jonah Hill; he becomes the character for a while, and it takes some time to unravel after that.

He was supposedly a massive asshole on the set of "There Will Be Blood"

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    syndalis wrote:
    Echo wrote:
    Honk wrote:

Well he pracices the "black art" of method acting, and I honestly don't know if he could psychologically do a bunch of films back to back ala Buschemi or Jonah Hill; he becomes the character for a while, and it takes some time to unravel after that.

He was supposedly a massive asshole on the set of "There Will Be Blood"

I almost posted the same thing. He was living in a tent and basically just was the character while shooting.

There is a reason you don't date actors.

• LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    Just finished BF3s campaign.

I actually enjoyed it a lot more then any of the MW attempts.

Better integrated set pieces, tighter combat, more muted story and
    you got to play as the Russians, kill Americans, and it wasn't portrayed as inherently moustache twirling evil. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but it felt a lot more anti-war then a lot of the 'Ooh rah! kill commies and jihads' stuff that plagues most shooters.

• PonyPony Registered User regular
    Honk wrote:
    Come play A2A!

ass 2 ass?

no dude i watched requiem for a dream that don't look like a good time

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    lol... obscured for santa'ing
    Important Message
    Please note that the price of ________ has decreased from $xx.x3 to $xx.x2 since you placed it in your Shopping Cart. Items in your cart will always reflect the most recent price displayed on their product detail pages.

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote:
    lol... obscured for santa'ing
    Important Message
    Please note that the price of ________ has decreased from $xx.x3 to $xx.x2 since you placed it in your Shopping Cart. Items in your cart will always reflect the most recent price displayed on their product detail pages.

Everything's coming up Chupennies!

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Guuyyyssss

apples to apples

come on

You don't want me to play that game.

I wreck in that game.

• DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    Guys!

What are good/bad percentages of marks to have in assessed essays?

cause I got 65% on an essay but like.. whoever marked it says it's overall good.

I have a vague memory of 50% being a 2:2, 60% being a 2:1 and 70% being a 1

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    the power of the jew is so unrelenting that he made the price drop in his cart without even trying

• mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    I just ate some reheated garlic bread. Now it's gone.

I've flown too close to the sun.

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
    Chupennies is money too.

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Garlic bread is the best bread. Garlic is the best thing.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    I love that message, the price for A Christmas Story went down like, 3 dollars the other day.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
This discussion has been closed.