As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Mawaru Penguindrum: Penguin anime of a generation

2»

• Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    Episode 14
    Well... I did not think it could take a darker turn from the last two episodes.

Congratulations, I am now going to go cry in the corner for a bit I'll be back later.

Also more things make sense now looking over the earlier ringo stuff, but does the dairy really hold the meaning the characters think it does?

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    I missed a bunch of episodes but now I'm caught up!
    There sure are a lot of characters driven by obsession, especially in recent episodes. Just some food for thought. Makes me wonder what the deal with Tabuki is.

Also anyone who dropped or stalled on this because of Ringo's antics should definitely consider coming back since they're no longer as prominent now!

• FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Penguindrum keeps changing my life, one life at a time.

Episode 20
    I do not even know. Amazing.

Except boxed cats : (

Frosteey on
  • AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Holy shit episode 20

• SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    21 was pretty great. Nice to see some payoffs on a few things that were a long time coming. Even though there's still a bunch of subplots and loose ends they'll need to tie up in just 3 episodes, I'm not feeling like the ending will be unsatisfactory like I normally do with the kinds of shows that keep a lot of mysterious elements going until the very end.

But at any rate even if the last 3 episodes completely drop the ball it's definitely my favorite show of the year.

Slicer wrote:
    21 was pretty great. Nice to see some payoffs on a few things that were a long time coming. Even though there's still a bunch of subplots and loose ends they'll need to tie up in just 3 episodes, I'm not feeling like the ending will be unsatisfactory like I normally do with the kinds of shows that keep a lot of mysterious elements going until the very end.

But at any rate even if the last 3 episodes completely drop the ball it's definitely my favorite show of the year.
    Back in those innocent times
    Mob boss Kanba woo : D

Oh dear : (

There is a chance it will ruin Christmas forever but even if it does +penguins and -widefaces definitely makes it a frontrunner for the year.

• TertieeTertiee Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Episode 22 spoilers
    Anyone else really hoping Himari's actually dead this time? I like her as a character but it feels like she's been brought back to life more times than Goku

Tertiee on
    Tertiee wrote:
    Episode 22 spoilers
    Anyone else really hoping Himari's actually dead this time? I like her as a character but it feels like she's been brought back to life more times than Goku
    What no : (

But honestly I am not even really sure what to think about that little sequence or what to expect going forward from it.

I do know that Double H is still the worst and Masako is still the best.

This show just keeps on punching me in the gut over and over.

These last few episodes have been real tear-jerkers D:

• TertieeTertiee Registered User regular
    Episode 23
    So Masako comes back to life much to my dismay, Ringo has a cute scene with Shoma right before her plot relevance is taken away, and the penguin hat comes back into the spotlight. I'm wondering how the other penguin hat with Mario will come into play since it hasn't been touched on for a long time. Some kind of force is needed to bring the fate altering spell halves together and it involves the brothers but I haven't a clue as to what.

edited December 2011

Those penguins. Those strategies. What have I watched.
    Don't even know. Don't care. Those poor boxed Takakuras : ( Those penguins.

Only real gripe I guess is Shouma still being kind of..I don't know, too much of a dummy for my bishie hero. Like, Ringo comes in "I'm gonna transfer fate!" Shouma "kay."

I mean, it is Shouma so whatever, but still. And he did make up for it with that fate transfer and that penguindrum : (

Series was never unentertaining except for that one birdwatching episode but it still had a few good moments. Looking back, it's hard to even believe that everything that's happened has all been connected, but going through it the first time everything flowed together in a good way, and I look forward to rewatching the series.

Also need to watch Utena now : D

Frosteey on
  • AdvocateAdvocate Registered User regular
    This show was great, quality to the end. I look forward to what Ikuhara will do in the future. I just hope he doesn't disappear on us for like 15 years, of course if that's how long it takes for him to come up with shows like this it would be worth the wait.

Oh and Utena is amazing, Ikuhara and Enokido make a great team. But don't take my word for it, I may be just a bit biased.

This show saved anime, as they say.

Second best show this year, and only by a slim margin does Madoka beat it out imo