As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[APB: Reloaded] New name, same game?

• Options
    Doctor DeimosDoctor Deimos Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Wait can you get characters migrated from original APB?

Doctor Deimos on
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    man fuck this 2 minutes straight every 5 minutes of punkbuster lag. I'd much rather deal with the occasional hacker than have my game be unplayable the entire fucking night.

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    fsmith1fsmith1 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Wait can you get characters migrated from original APB?

Kind of. You can migrate their model, most clothes and symbols. That's it.

fsmith1 on
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I think I bought premium just so I can make things rather than actually participate in the game proper, but I think I'm improving

frckl.jpg

override367 on
  • Options
    Pat_McRochPat_McRoch Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    fsmith1 wrote: »
    I finally managed to get my old character (Lucius) migrated over to Joker. I had to change the name so it's now MartinSmith . I'd love to be added to 2 Days whenever you fellas can. Thanks.

2 Days is still around? I just got my character migrated to joker as well under Tristane. Could someone add me as well to the 2 days roster? Thanks.

Pat_McRoch on
  • Options
    fsmith1fsmith1 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Pat_McRoch wrote: »
    fsmith1 wrote: »
    I finally managed to get my old character (Lucius) migrated over to Joker. I had to change the name so it's now MartinSmith . I'd love to be added to 2 Days whenever you fellas can. Thanks.

2 Days is still around? I just got my character migrated to joker as well under Tristane. Could someone add me as well to the 2 days roster? Thanks.

I'm starting to think it's not because I haven't seen Ein or Rius come online once. I'll add you as a friend next time I log in though.

fsmith1 on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    man fuck this 2 minutes straight every 5 minutes of punkbuster lag. I'd much rather deal with the occasional hacker than have my game be unplayable the entire fucking night.

Im not sure what they can do about hackers in f2p games since they can just roll infinite accounts/change their ip/spoof their mac. Maybe force you to attach a credit card to your account? Since an aimbotter wouldnt have infinite credit cards lying about

Anyway im still into APB for reasons I can't discern since logically I can't think of many positives about it, but it's scratching an itch for me pretty well. I'm on every other day or so on Frecklebtchs on Joker, enforcer.

override367 on
  • Options
    voodoosporkvoodoospork Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    It's amazing how similar the cycle of playability has been to the original launch. At first, everything is rad with rainbows and sunshine, next people start to get (now legitimately crazy OP) more geared than you, then they start flailing around in attempt to stop cheating, but end up making the game unplayable.

I honestly love the game and would play with my free shit against paid shit forever (victory is sweet) if they'd just fucking let me. My entire crew has scattered due to the punkbuster lag that they are apparently completely incapable of doing jack shit about.

Oh well, at least it's easy to come back and check for fixes with no investment.

voodoospork on
  • Options
    DigitoDigito Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Outta curiosity how big/active is the PA group here, presuming there's a central one? I got into APB with a group of friends and was having an absolute blast for a couple of days untill they all quit due to a combination of Punkbuster lag and disliking the paid guns, kinda leaving me on my own in a game that doesn't exactly seem built for playing solo. (And I already gathering the ingame community is one of the worst there is.)

Digito on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Im not sure on that, I'm on every other day or so

Getting the feeling that this game is going to peter along until soon it's just going to be a few dozen guys with the new ARMAS 9999 Golden Point Automatic SMAW firing missiles at each other. Every time me and my friends get against a group sporting gold weapons across the board they just log off, I mean I'm ranked enough where I can get semi-competitive weapons now. They aren't, so they just kind of give up and don't want to play anymore, it's really disheartening.

override367 on
  • Options
    Dyrwen66Dyrwen66 the other's insane Denver CORegistered User regular
    edited June 2011

Im not sure what they can do about hackers in f2p games since they can just roll infinite accounts/change their ip/spoof their mac. Maybe force you to attach a credit card to your account? Since an aimbotter wouldnt have infinite credit cards lying about

Anyway im still into APB for reasons I can't discern since logically I can't think of many positives about it, but it's scratching an itch for me pretty well. I'm on every other day or so on Frecklebtchs on Joker, enforcer.

If only. I just tried to play tonight and while the 5 minutes I was on was fun, the constant punkbustering timeouts were a real pain. Hopefully that'll be sorted out in a few, since I really liked driving around the world. The game seems to have more style going for it than gameplay at the moment.

Dyrwen66 on
    Just an ancient PA person who doesn't leave the house much.
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I still don't believe the ARMAS OP ALWAYS mentality, I mean, I think the thing that most influences success and failure is simply getting to the objective points first. I still see dudes with R150+ using the default STAR successfully. The OCA Whisper is just as OP as an OCA with red dot 3 (which can be had in like an hour of playing) the scoped ntec is just an ntec nol with hunting sight 3 (again can be had super early) the colby csg20 isn't any better than other shotguns, it just has a really nice spread pattern and fits nicely between the jg and the nfas, the scout is just a weak HVR that lets you sprint and is incapable of killing people who have clotting agent 3 (though it's still pretty good as a tagging weapon) and the perm joker is simply a 3 slot joker.

I wouldn't have raged in that last post if it wasn't for the punkbuster time outs. It's just frustrating that I'm usually pretty anxious to play the game after my 12 hour work day only to find it completely unplayable for the duration of my recreation time. At least with punk buster off I could just switch districts after running into a cheater.

acidlacedpenguin on
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The clan name is back up for grabs again if anyone wants to make it once more. No one had joined, I think going with the SA people was the plan last I heard, but that was a few weeks ago.

I'm not playing anymore anyway.

Aistan on
  • Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I've been playing this with a friend, and it's scratching an itch. I know I don't like the game, there's a lot of shit that it does which is just mind boggling, but it's fun.

I play on Joker. Hawthorn for my enf and JWinger is my crim.

Oats on
  • Options
    so how about that lack of progress on bugs/issues and the lack of anything new to rage about?

• Options
    SonorkSonork CanadaRegistered User regular
    Once ye olde cheaters showed up, I was agian done. Along with pretty much nothing new or fixed i see little reason to play right now.

• Options
    Being at silver 5 im in a weird place where I don't see too many cheaters. Usually, aimbots are new and jet to high gold or just starting out and bronze, not too many middle of the road aimbotters.

Game is fun as shit when friends are online, when they aren't it's "why the fuck am I playing this?". I think adding an analogue to ramraids and mugging for enforcers would add a shit ton to this game.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Game is laggy as fuck now, didn't see that coming.

But hey, you can switch weapons while running now! Hooray!

• Options
    Pat_McRochPat_McRoch Registered User regular
    Lag needs to be fixed asap but I doubt that wont happen until a couple more months. Also the crims I played with seemed to of all disappeared because of the new patch. I might go back to playing my enforcer.

• Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    If I bought this on Steam, can I use that version to play the free version?

• Options
    If you mean the client I have no idea, but it's... well... free so you can just redownload it if not

• Options
    no. the old steam version does not work with the new f2p version :(

• Options
    EinEin CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    So I did this.

metalgear.jpg

And just to see what could be done with the hockey masks, I was testing some ideas:

hockeymasks.jpg

• Options
    MoSiAcMoSiAc Registered User regular
    Finally got around to downloading this. The lag seems a lot better for me and I'm not having any punkbuster issues. I'm Loreena on Joker if anyone sees me around.

Monster Hunter Tri US: MoSiAc - U46FJF - Katrice | RipTen - Gaming News | Los Comics
  • Options
    InterjectionInterjection Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Oh man, I just started trying this and was hoping there would be some competent people who I could group up with. I have one friend, and we roll LTL CCA team ok, but any time it adds other people they are awful.

EDIT: kcMasterpiece on Joker.

Interjection on
    aka kcMasterpiece
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    So I tried it for about four minutes. Twice kicked by Punkbuster. Apparently there are workarounds, but eh. If I have to start messing with files to even try a game to decide if I like it or not, that's about enough of that.

• Options
    WraithXt1WraithXt1 Registered User regular
    Former member of 2 days here. Dasaan. I'll be logging on once my download finishes and rolling in my Pikachu hatchback!

WraithXt1.png
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Okay, so the workaround was relatively simple. Close Steam entirely and use the APB launcher to play the game. Alright, whatever.

This game makes no sense, I don't know what I'm doing, but getting a call to stop some robbers and flippin' a bitch in my cruiser while blaring metal with the sirens going, racing to what amounts to a rolling street war through the city? Definitely doing something for me.

• Options
    dj.subversivedj.subversive Registered User regular
    I'm pretty new to this game, and it's been fun, as long as I'm not rolling along by myself and get grouped with jerks who decide teamkilling each other is more important than, you know, stopping the bad guys. I'm TomReynolds, Disgruntled Citizen (Enforcer) on Joker (was originally going for a 70s-supercop-mashup of Tom Selleck and Burt Reynolds, but he turned out looking more like a chubby Jeffrey Tambor :D). Feel free to add me if you see me around - let's bust some punks! :)

• Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    How would one make Max Payne in the character creator? I just bought the Payne bundle and am a little interested in this game. Maybe make Vladimir Lem or Mona Sax on the gang side.

• Options
    WraithXt1WraithXt1 Registered User regular
    I just had to hard reset my laptop three times in the row in the middle of the game. Not sure what the hell they did to make it crash so much now.

WraithXt1.png
  • Options
    thehumandignitythehumandignity Registered User regular
    How do I get arrests to count towards "cop"? Or is that just broken?

• Options
    TolerantZeroTolerantZero Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    There's a certain contact that unlocks a Less than Lethal weapon for you, don't know who it is at the moment but I unlocked it through one of them. When you have an LtL weapon, just drive around the streets until you see a Criminal with a pair of handcuffs next to his name, which is when he is committing a crime (mugging, robbing, etc.) When you see a criminal committing said crime, press Alt to "witness" the crime and start shooting him with your LtL. When he goes down, go up to him and press F to arrest him.

So far, this game has been a lot of fun playing Enforcer. I've had groups where everyone was talking on the mic, coordinating efforts to complete a mission, and driving around in a car with everybody hanging from the windows looks absolutely hilarious.

My only gripes with the game so far are being matched up against high level players, and Punkbuster with its false positives. Personally, I haven't had a problem with it but it does limit the potential for more players, especially when PB picks up something that could have been for another game. I've seen a lot of people saying they got banned for "cheating", even if they genuinely didn't have the intention of doing so.

When I have everyone relatively close to my level, I have had a blast. 7v7 shootouts lead to nothing but insanity, and even if I'm doing terrible I still enjoy the fast-paced action of having to duck behind cars and whatever I could find as cover trying to shoot people on the streets. Overall, the game is a lot of fun and once they start to add new content and work on matchmaking, along with the game bringing in a bigger playerbase, I can see this game going places.

TolerantZero on
    Steam | Raptr | 3DS - 2552-2106-0321
  • Options
    rldonaldsonrldonaldson Registered User new member
    edited December 2011
    Hey all. I don't get around to forums too much - but I've been reading this thread a bit and wanted to throw a couple of thoughts.

1. I'd be very interested in a PA type clan or whatnot. I play an enforcer mostly on the Joker server. Toon's name is Budward.

2. I've not spent any money in ARMAS and I've done fairly well in most matches. I played this game a little when it originally released and remember getting served much worse than now. The weapon mods are not nearly as OP'd as they were back then (and I believe the RTW mods were straight uprgrades without drawbacks like the mods are now). In fact I usually run with the baseline (no slot) OBIR and Obeya FBW and can go toe to toe (not literally, as I like to keep range on folks with the OBIR) with golds and their ARMAS OCA whispers or NTEC Dvahs.

3. I find tactics are far more pivotal than weapons in the game. I try not to stay in the same place once I've fired (and hopefully taken someone out) as they now know my position. If I'm in a group, then I'll try to get into a crossfire position or flank once my teammate fires. And if they have submachine guns, then I always try to keep 50m between us.

4. Since the game uses a single hit box, I also don't trust cover too much unless it completely conceals you. I can oftentimes see my crosshairs go red by scanning the bottom of a car (if they are hiding behind it) or the top of their box around where their name is displayed if they are ducking behind a low wall or something. Hitting anywhere on the hit box does the same damage. I’ve also noticed that players get no cover from other player vehicles (if they are not on a team together or opposed). You can shoot right through them.

Not sure if this helps anyone - but hopefully someone finds it useful. There are very frustrating times in this game - but since it's solely PvP, I try not to have the same success expectations as a PvE type MMO. Still fun for what it is, especially if its free.

rldonaldson on
  • Options
    TrepperTrepper Registered User regular
    I'm currently playing an enforcer on Joker as well.

IGN: Elav

• Options
    TolerantZeroTolerantZero Registered User regular
    The past few days I've seen a good amount of icons running around; Goku, Faith from Mirror's Edge, Ronald McDonald, hell, last night I arrested motherfucking Santa Claus.

Started using LTL weapons and arresting has made the game a lot more fun for me. I tend to be on Joker with the same name, and if there's a PA clan I'd be interested in joining as well.

Steam | Raptr | 3DS - 2552-2106-0321
  • Options
    RisenPhoenixRisenPhoenix SUPER HOTRegistered User regular
    So I'm back. The latest Criken/ABadFeeling videos left me itching to LTL some criminals and trashtalking them as I slap the handcuffs on them.

Toon is Miriette on Joker - will be adding all the names from this page to Friends list and, as always, am fully interested in a PA clan.

• Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    The past few days I've seen a good amount of icons running around; Goku, Faith from Mirror's Edge, Ronald McDonald, hell, last night I arrested motherfucking Santa Claus.

Started using LTL weapons and arresting has made the game a lot more fun for me. I tend to be on Joker with the same name, and if there's a PA clan I'd be interested in joining as well.

I'm a Joker enforcer, Voltaere. We should hit up sometime.

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    This was a game I was always interested in, but kept forgetting about.

Well I finally got in to this.

Name is Krowley an Enforcer on Joker.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    Darius BlackDarius Black Registered User regular
    I didn't realize PA had a thread for this game! Blemishes aside, APB is by far my favorite multiplayer game. It's easy to get into, and has tons of replayability if you're not looking for a deep MMO or anything.

I have a maxed enforcer on Joker as well. Also a mid-level crim. Anyone just starting out put Datolite on your friends list and hit me up when I'm on, just mention your from PA forums. I'll hook you up, maybe we'll play a few missions. :)

Quick, quiet, confident
    Comfortable, permanent
    Undisputed, every tense
    Not a trace of what went left
    More equal than the best
    Unparalleled success
    Everybody, V-impressed