As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Star Wars Legacy

Bloods EndBloods End Blade of TyshallePunch dimensionRegistered User regular
edited May 2007 in Graphic Violence
This is shipping today and oh god I am all sorts of excited.

A whole new SW tale with Ostrander and Duursema at the helm? In a time period where they are free to do what ever they want?

HELL YES.

SWLegacy0.jpg

Bloods End on

• robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Does Star Wars nomenclature follow any rules at all, or do they just make up whatever they want?

robosagogo on
  • Conditional_AxeConditional_Axe Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    NRAMA: Lastly, speaking of the Legacy Era, June sees the release of Star Wars: Legacy, starring Cade Skywalker. So far, we know that it's set in an all-new era with an all-new Sith Order and an all-new empire, the Sith now consists of Darth Krayt, Darth Talon and an unknown Twi'lek Sith. And Cade's team has Deliah Blue and Jeriah Syn. There is also a female Rutian Twi'lek called Astraal Vao and the pirate Rav. What else is there that you can tease from here?

JO: I can always tease.

NRAMA: Okay then. Where are things headed in the first year of the ongoing series?

JO: Our main job is to introduce the major characters, settings, situations, and so on. Even after the first year, we will still have more players who will want to get on stage. We only bring them on as is right for a given story. By the end of the 13th issue - as planned, that will bring that story arc to a conclusion, the reader will have a lot of info as to who the players are, what the stakes are, and -- for example -- what this branch of the Sith order is about.

As I've said elsewhere, I think, our initial impetus for the character that became Cade Skywalker was -- "What if Han Solo had become a Jedi?" To paraphrase a(n) (in)famous cover blurb from SW Republic -- "A ROGUE - with a LIGHTSABER?!" Word or warning -- Cade isn't Luke. He's not really Anakin, either. He has the burden, the legacy, of the Skywalker name but he's determined to forge his own destiny.

We are blending elements from SW continuity, including the NJO era -- it's all part of Legacy's "history".

At the same time, we've also designed it to be accessible to new readers or people who aren't familiar with the New Jedi Order -- everything the reader will need to know to understand the story will be in the story.

NRAMA: Will there be familiar faces appearing in Legacy?

JO: If you're asking specifically about Luke, Leia, Han, the droids and so on, we're not looking to tie Del Rey's hands. Appearance in our series would mean they survived whatever the Del Rey authors are planning and that would compromise their work. We have no intention of doing that.

From Newsarama

Conditional_Axe on
  • JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Oh man, Ostrander.

I haven't read a bunch of SW comics. Framling's read some, so maybe he'd want to jump on here again.

Plus Ostrander wrote that MM run I love so much.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
    edited June 2006
    Jordyn wrote:
    Oh man, Ostrander.

I haven't read a bunch of SW comics. Framling's read some, so maybe he'd want to jump on here again.

and Suicide Squad. And Spectre. And Grimjack.

Conditional_Axe on
  • hughtronhughtron __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2006
    Jordyn wrote:
    Oh man, Ostrander.

and Suicide Squad. And Spectre. And Grimjack.
    Plus I think it was him who killed off Grant Morrison's avatar from Animal Man at some point.

I think it's hilarious that since he appeared in a DC comic, DC has the rights to Grant Morrison the comic-book character.

hughtron on
    minisy3.gif
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Linked for spoiler image.

http://www.newsarama.com/Dark_Horse/Star_Wars/Legacy/Legacyimage02.jpg

[spoiler:f5f5831b96] Are those Imperial Guards with lightsabers? A member of the Fel family in imperial officer clothing?

... a... A Vong Sith?

Ahummanawhatsit?[/spoiler:f5f5831b96]

Bloods End on
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    I'm not familar with the EU very much. Is Cade supposed to be Luke's kid or something?

Scooter on
    edited June 2006
    Scooter wrote:
    I'm not familar with the EU very much. Is Cade supposed to be Luke's kid or something?
    this is taking place something like 150 years after A New Hope, so Cade is not Luke's child. Luke does have a son, Ben, who is 13 in the current EU.

Conditional_Axe on
  • AzraelAzrael Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    This looks awesome cool.

[spoiler:d1c6d63b6d]I have thought for a while it would be interesting to see Imperal Jedi, which we seem to have here.[/spoiler:d1c6d63b6d]

Azrael on
  • KumaKuma Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Bloods End wrote:

[spoiler:106f53d1bc] Are those Imperial Guards with lightsabers? A member of the Fel family in imperial officer clothing?

... a... A Vong Sith?

Ahummanawhatsit?[/spoiler:106f53d1bc]

[spoiler:106f53d1bc] yes and yes, the new empire employs what are called 'Grey Jedi', not necessarily bad Jedi but the Jedi Order views them as outside the ideals of the order. and yeah, a Vong Sith...own [/spoiler:106f53d1bc]

my favorite quote from #0 is this

'The Rule of Two is gone, banished by the Sith's new leader. Now there is only the One - the Sith order itself

dear God, everytime i read that i make a mess of something.

seriously, this series is going to be cooler than the KOTOR series is

Kuma on
    f7v9h.jpg
  • manaleak34manaleak34 Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    I think I might end up picking this up, if only for the $.25 price tag. However I'm not a big fan of the Star Wars universe, especially outside the movies. So I may be completely lost.

But, whatever.

manaleak34 on
    XBL/Steam:ManaCrevice
    edited June 2006
    manaleak34 wrote:
    I think I might end up picking this up, if only for the $.25 price tag. However I'm not a big fan of the Star Wars universe, especially outside the movies. So I may be completely lost.

But, whatever.

Thats exactly the point of this series. The Star Wars Expanded Universe is filled with stuff that seems overwhelming, so they start a new series set far away from everything in order to create a story completly unfettered from continuity concerns.

Since I live in Alaska I don't get comics till Thursday.

Tell me

[spoiler:bca27ed221] I thought I saw a Feeorin in the previews. Is it Nym? Or one of his descendents? And the Kiffer? Is it someone related to Quin?[/spoiler:bca27ed221]

Bloods End on
  • manaleak34manaleak34 Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Oh, well then.

Hurrah and such for me not going to be confused.

manaleak34 on
    XBL/Steam:ManaCrevice
    edited June 2006
    to warn everyone, this is not a story as much as it is a who's who. but still, it's pretty awesome. I can't wait to see what they do with this going forward.

Conditional_Axe on
    edited June 2006
    Finally got it.

It's not even a real issue and already I'm sold on the series

Spoilers for Legacy of the Force :Betrayal.

[spoiler:8cb44e24a6] The Sith Lord. It says he's been around for over a hundred years. That could span into the currant era of SW. So with the recent events that happened in Betrayal, is anyone else thinking...[/spoiler:8cb44e24a6]

[realspoiler:8cb44e24a6] Jacen? [/realspoiler:8cb44e24a6]

Bloods End on
    edited June 2006
    I think that's certainly a strong possibility. I wonder if that's not a red herring, though.

Conditional_Axe on
  • AzraelAzrael Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Bloods End wrote:

[spoiler:b944504105] Are those Imperial Guards with lightsabers? A member of the Fel family in imperial officer clothing?

... a... A Vong Sith?

Ahummanawhatsit?[/spoiler:b944504105]

[spoiler:b944504105]I dont think its a Vong, from #0 it looks like a Human with a mask, possibly vodum crab armour.

And fucking damn, the Imperial Knights and Predator are some of the coolest things ever. The Pellaeon-class SSD is cool too, except for the fat-looking CGI one that dominates that page. Doesnt seem to be the same class as the others though.

Also, the Fel line seem to be force users now. Jaina and Jagged maybe got together. Despite her being a bitch tool? Marasiah has some resemblence to Leia and Jaina if you ask me.

Only on second glance do I realise where I recognise part of the Imperial Knight gear from: The red armour is from the Imperial Guard, of course, but the black bodysuit under it? Vader.[/spoiler:b944504105]

And the Nikto (Nym's species) is Rav, Cade's handler.

And Queen Jool is neat design, gotta love a Hutt in a corset.

I didnt like alot of the CGI though, hope they dont go to heavy-handed with it.

Azrael on
  • FlavabeanFlavabean Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    I like the concept of the series but I'm kinda of worried that it will spoil some of the plot of the 'Star Wars: Legacy Of the Force' series.

Edit: Spoiler image.

http://starwars.wikia.com/images/6/64/Legacybattle1.jpg

Flavabean on
    newsig.jpg
  • hughtronhughtron __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2006
    Is that.....Iron Fist?

hughtron on
    minisy3.gif
    edited June 2006
    who's talking bad about Jaina?

Conditional_Axe on
    edited June 2006
    Bloods End wrote:
    Finally got it.

It's not even a real issue and already I'm sold on the series

Spoilers for Legacy of the Force :Betrayal.

[spoiler:ec68f72777] The Sith Lord. It says he's been around for over a hundred years. That could span into the currant era of SW. So with the recent events that happened in Betrayal, is anyone else thinking...[/spoiler:ec68f72777]

[realspoiler:ec68f72777] Jacen? [/realspoiler:ec68f72777]

oh shi......

Kuma on
    f7v9h.jpg
    edited June 2006
    Issue 1 is out today.

I need plot summery and spoilers stat.

The preview on Darkhorse.com was all kinds of awesome.

Bloods End on
  • BurnPilotBurnPilot Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Azrael wrote:

And the Nikto (Nym's species) is Rav, Cade's handler.

Sorry to be the species police, but Nym's species isn't Nikto, it's Feeorin.

I do have to admit that some of the concept stuff from the 0 issue is cool. If anything I'm interested in it purely from a setting standpoint. Would be fun to run the Star Wars pen and paper rpg in that era. Would have enough of the Star Wars universe we know, while adding in a lot of new stuff for people to discover while playing. I'll probably collect the series for source info alone.

BurnPilot on
    edited June 2006
    Bloods End wrote:
    Issue 1 is out today.

[spoiler:0e6050267b]Basically it shows Ossus under attack by a fuck-ton of Sith and Imperials. Cade Skywalker is a youth who is still a padawan. His father and his master stay to fight the Sith while Cade and the others make their escape, younglings in tow. Cade sees his masters arm get cut off and this doesnt sit to well with him. He jumps out of the ship and attempts to help fight the Sith, his father tells him to fuck off and take his master with him. He does then watches his father get overwhelmed. Cade then saves his masters life with some Jedi spell. This brought him very close to the dark side. He jumps into a fighter and attempts to fight the imperials. He gets shot down but is believed to be alive. On Corruscant The Sith show up after they did their part to visit the Emperor and get their reward. Their reward is to liberate the Emperor of his life and Darth Krayt declares himself Emperor.[/spoiler:0e6050267b]

Honestly, this series looks to be magical and is a nice change from the slowy getting to suck KOTOR series.

Kuma on
    f7v9h.jpg
    edited June 2006
    Kuma wrote:
    Bloods End wrote:
    Issue 1 is out today.

[spoiler:92a84b2efe]Basically it shows Ossus under attack by a fuck-ton of Sith and Imperials. Cade Skywalker is a youth who is still a padawan. His father and his master stay to fight the Sith while Cade and the others make their escape, younglings in tow. Cade sees his masters arm get cut off and this doesnt sit to well with him. He jumps out of the ship and attempts to help fight the Sith, his father tells him to fuck off and take his master with him. He does then watches his father get overwhelmed. Cade then saves his masters life with some Jedi spell. This brought him very close to the dark side. He jumps into a fighter and attempts to fight the imperials. He gets shot down but is believed to be alive. On Corruscant The Sith show up after they did their part to visit the Emperor and get their reward. Their reward is to liberate the Emperor of his life and Darth Krayt declares himself Emperor.[/spoiler:92a84b2efe]

Honestly, this series looks to be magical and is a nice change from the slowy getting to suck KOTOR series.

[spoiler:92a84b2efe] So the Empire is still evil? Pity. I thought the Fel line would be more benevolent then the old one.[/spoiler:92a84b2efe]

Bloods End on
    edited June 2006
    Bloods End wrote:
    Kuma wrote:
    Bloods End wrote:
    Issue 1 is out today.

[spoiler:4bfd5467a4]Basically it shows Ossus under attack by a fuck-ton of Sith and Imperials. Cade Skywalker is a youth who is still a padawan. His father and his master stay to fight the Sith while Cade and the others make their escape, younglings in tow. Cade sees his masters arm get cut off and this doesnt sit to well with him. He jumps out of the ship and attempts to help fight the Sith, his father tells him to fuck off and take his master with him. He does then watches his father get overwhelmed. Cade then saves his masters life with some Jedi spell. This brought him very close to the dark side. He jumps into a fighter and attempts to fight the imperials. He gets shot down but is believed to be alive. On Corruscant The Sith show up after they did their part to visit the Emperor and get their reward. Their reward is to liberate the Emperor of his life and Darth Krayt declares himself Emperor.[/spoiler:4bfd5467a4]

[spoiler:4bfd5467a4] So the Empire is still evil? Pity. I thought the Fel line would be more benevolent then the old one.[/spoiler:4bfd5467a4]

[spoiler:4bfd5467a4]they are, or should i say were. His Moffs talked him into the whole Sith idea, and then he got killed for it. basically it was a whole line of backstabbing[/spoiler:4bfd5467a4]

Kuma on
    f7v9h.jpg
    edited June 2006
    [spoiler:a90e1791e9]Darth Krayt says that the Emperor is in hiding. The man he killed isn't force-sensitive, and Roan Fel is a trained Jedi. He knew the attack was coming and used a body double.

That the Fels are now force-sensitive, along with the look of the Emperor's daughter, pretty much cements that Jaina and Jag end up together, don't you think?[/spoiler:a90e1791e9]

Also, from Darth Krayt's rantings, it's painfully obvious that he's [spoiler:a90e1791e9]Jacen Solo[/spoiler:a90e1791e9]

Conditional_Axe on
  • Ripple EffectRipple Effect Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    After reading this thread and reading legacy I now know that is my hearts desire to lead a group of under ten jedi. Also to have a father figure who has utmost confidance in me. And also to have a furry as a girlfriend.

Ripple Effect on
    edited June 2006
    [spoiler:43260b8102]Darth Krayt says that the Emperor is in hiding. The man he killed isn't force-sensitive, and Roan Fel is a trained Jedi. He knew the attack was coming and used a body double.

That the Fels are now force-sensitive, along with the look of the Emperor's daughter, pretty much cements that Jaina and Jag end up together, don't you think?[/spoiler:43260b8102]

Also, from Darth Krayt's rantings, it's painfully obvious that he's [spoiler:43260b8102]Jacen Solo[/spoiler:43260b8102]

indeed on both counts

Kuma on
    f7v9h.jpg
  • SeravenSeraven Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    I'm sensitive, too.

I sense that this series is going to kick-ass.

Seraven on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2006
    After reading this thread and reading legacy I now know that is my hearts desire to lead a group of under ten jedi. Also to have a father figure who has utmost confidance in me. And also to have a furry as a girlfriend.

Are you from Gamefaqs or maybe Newsarama?

DouglasDanger on
    edited June 2006

Are you from Gamefaqs or maybe Newsarama?

Why have you chosen here to take your stand against me?

Ripple Effect on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Because you post all kinds of retarded stuff and I can't tell if you are really that stupid, or if you are trying to be funny or ironic or something and failing horribly.

Would someone who has not ever read an EU book like this series?

DouglasDanger on
    edited June 2006
    Because you post all kinds of retarded stuff and I can't tell if you are really that stupid, or if you are trying to be funny or ironic or something and failing horribly.

I actually didn't enjoy it. But I liked the idea of it. So I read through it and most likely continue to do so until I see something really cool. As far as me being however I am you would have to meet me. No one believes I am sincere on the internet. Even in real life it would take like a couple of days of hanging out with me. What state/city do you live in?

Ripple Effect on
  • The CowThe Cow Registered User regular
    edited June 2006

I don't know, do you like things just because they involve Star Wars? If not, then probably spend your money on something else. If it wasn't for the fact that this was about Star Wars, I probably wouldn't notice it much.

Also just going to say that I came to the same conclusion as Conditional_Axe because I am too lazy to quote.

The Cow on
    edited June 2006

Reading the EU, especially the NJO and Legacy series would be a big help to understanding how everything got this way, but still it's far enough from familer territory to be new reader friendly. And it has a lot of Jedi and a lot of Sith going at it.

[spoiler:7b417eddae] Yeah, right now I am going to have to think that Darth Krayyt is Jacen. I wonder what this means for the end of Legacy? How is Luke going to justify not killing him?[/spoiler:7b417eddae]

Bloods End on
    edited June 2006

Reading some other EU would be alot of help but there isnt a really better starting point right now

Kuma on
    f7v9h.jpg
    edited June 2006
    The Cow wrote:

I don't know, do you like things just because they involve Star Wars? If not, then probably spend your money on something else. If it wasn't for the fact that this was about Star Wars, I probably wouldn't notice it much.

Also just going to say that I came to the same conclusion as Conditional_Axe because I am too lazy to quote.

Who said anything about spending money? Bookstores have them just sitting there only one week after. And sometimes the same ship date as comic stores.

Ripple Effect on
  • ChorazinChorazin Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    edited June 2006
    I thought this series was going to ignore the EU stuff, and just go on and do it's own thang?

Chorazin on
    Twitter//@chorazin
    Google+//http://gplus.to/chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 3823 8527 9997
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
    edited June 2006
    Bloods End wrote:

Reading the EU, especially the NJO and Legacy series would be a big help to understanding how everything got this way, but still it's far enough from familer territory to be new reader friendly. And it has a lot of Jedi and a lot of Sith going at it.

[spoiler:a30cb434ba] Yeah, right now I am going to have to think that Darth Krayyt is Jacen. I wonder what this means for the end of Legacy? How is Luke going to justify not killing him?[/spoiler:a30cb434ba]
    [spoiler:a30cb434ba]the obvious answer is that Jacen kills Luke first. But we will see.[/spoiler:a30cb434ba]

Conditional_Axe on