As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Miyamoto is retiring from his current position at Nintendo

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Sega to buy Nintendo in 5 years.

*Edit* Worlds shittiest TOTP.

funny_quote_compare_cat_and_girls_by_shigeru_miyamoto_nintendo.jpg

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    SnorkSnork word Jamaica Plain, MARegistered User regular
    non-awful online isn't a dealbreaker for me, but perhaps it will be by the time the wii u comes out- i don't have nearly as many smash-playing people around me as i once did
    i viewed brawl's as more of a missed opportunity and slight letdown rather than a huge misstep

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    To me, with what experience I've had with the motion controls and 3D across multiple platforms

they don't add anything to my experience.

I mean, if they do for someone else, that's rad. More power to 'em.

I just fail to see the appeal, I suppose.

This is why people are saying you should play skyward sword. The general consensus is that this is the game that makes the wii what it should have been when it first came out. Which is a shame because it is coming out at the end of the Wiis life cycle.

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    but
    if you don't want motion control at all
    it doesn't matter how well it is executed
    it's just a non-factor

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    if you dont want motion control you a douche

word.

• Options
    Except he is saying he has not seen it executed in a way that adds to the experience.

Which is a fault of the software, not the idea of motion control.

The thing people are saying is that it is executed in such a way that significantly alters your experience of playing it. It takes it from being just waggling a thing around to actually drastically affecting gameplay

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    well I don't want motion control

word.

well

I don't want motion control

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    I would honestly argue that 3D and motion control are total gimmicks, and I really dislike the tend of development that include those things.

Motion controls on the Wii are the dumbest things.

play skyward sword

your opinion on this matter has now changed congratulations!

mine changed in a negative way

i mean I can put up with it because I'm a huge nerd but if I gave it to any of my family members to play they'd quit instantly because "the sword's not working right"

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    Your face is not working right

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote:
    well I don't want motion control

word.

well

I don't want motion control
    you a douche

• Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    The game that justified the Wii at launch was Excitetruck. Fun as hell.

sig.gif
  • Options
    excite truck was pretty awesome yeah

• Options
    Artreus wrote:
    Your face is not working right

guess i'll just press down to reset my face, a thing that should never have to be done because i bought this new gold controller just to play this and wasn't this supposed to work right without it like five years ago

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    well you know it is not magic right

• Options
    like I said I'm a nerd and I deal with it

but for someone who doesn't care that Did You Know: the sensor bar actually doesn't sense, it just has the LEDs
    yes it is supposed to be magic

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    actually i am playing it right now, looking for dragons

which good thing i read the blogs and know not to talk to the one npc that causes the save file to become permanently unwinnable

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    There's a fine line between proving a point and just sounding silly trying to make a point

• Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    i dunno bout you guys but i am loving the shit out of skyward sword. the motion controls are pretty amazing.

also, Metroid Prime 3 was pretty amazing with the wiimote.

the only thing i hope Nintendo realizes soon is that they need stronger specs for their systems. probably not going to happen though.

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    BugBoy wrote:
    BugBoy wrote:
    I saw that trailer

my reaction basically went from YES MORE TWEWY STUFF to oh god why does it have to be in kingdom hearts why

KINGDOM HEARTS IS AWESOME

GET BENT

nooooooope

I played one of these games

call me back when it is not terrible final fantasy characters with disney characters and even more terrible original characters whining about friendship and memory and things that sound super deep if you're 13

i was 13 when kh2 came out

shit did not sound deep at all, played it because it was a fun video game

also twewy is chock full of angsty dialogue and hamfisted symbolism but it's a really good action rpg

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Kingdom Hearts is a fun video game series and one of my favorites and I will refuse to hear or pay attention to anything overly negative about anything involving it except for the plot of Birth By Sleep which was admittedly silly

• Options
    There's a fine line between proving a point and just sounding silly trying to make a point

your face is fine

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    BugBoy wrote:
    BugBoy wrote:
    I saw that trailer

my reaction basically went from YES MORE TWEWY STUFF to oh god why does it have to be in kingdom hearts why

KINGDOM HEARTS IS AWESOME

GET BENT

nooooooope

I played one of these games

call me back when it is not terrible final fantasy characters with disney characters and even more terrible original characters whining about friendship and memory and things that sound super deep if you're 13

i was 13 when kh2 came out

shit did not sound deep at all, played it because it was a fun video game

also twewy is chock full of angsty dialogue and hamfisted symbolism but it's a really good action rpg

twewy was angsty for like the game's first week

then it gets better

• Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Twewy was goty 2008

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    that is not the point, bugboy

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Rehab wrote:
    What is with the sea creature things bro fisting each other?

It used to be Macera's sig.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    that is not the point, bugboy

the point is that I want a new twewy

• Options
    everyone wants a new twewy

everyone

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    not particularly

• Options
    no I could do without it

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    so did everyone figure out this wasn't actual news of any sort yet

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    miyamotosan.............

• Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    I might retire. Like, in a while.

And by retire I mean make more games.

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    i think that's called a rolling retirement.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I don't hate motion controls but right now I can't really play skyward sword because my hand is kinda fucked up for a bit so I'm not a huge fan of them at the moment

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    i dunno bout you guys but i am loving the shit out of skyward sword. the motion controls are pretty amazing.

also, Metroid Prime 3 was pretty amazing with the wiimote.

the only thing i hope Nintendo realizes soon is that they need stronger specs for their systems. probably not going to happen though.

I'd just like to point out that the DS beat the shit out of the PSP in the handheld market despite posessing a fraction of the power

so, "stronger specs" is only part of the problem

Shorty on
  • Options
    Antimatter wrote:
    not particularly
    Dichotomy wrote:
    no I could do without it

I am so disappointed in the two of you

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    i never played the first so vOv

also BB let's see if you're still singing that tune in a few days

• Options
    everyone should play twewy

it is the best

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    BugBoy wrote:
    everyone should play twewy

it is the best

yuuuup