As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Miyamoto is retiring from his current position at Nintendo

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote:
    i dunno bout you guys but i am loving the shit out of skyward sword. the motion controls are pretty amazing.

also, Metroid Prime 3 was pretty amazing with the wiimote.

the only thing i hope Nintendo realizes soon is that they need stronger specs for their systems. probably not going to happen though.

I'd just like to point out that the DS beat the shit out of the PSP in the handheld market despite posessing a fraction of the power

so, "stronger specs" is only part of the problem

That was handhelds and crazy different technology.

Look at the Wii. Look at how many multiplatform games come to the Wii.

And when they do, look at how awful they are.

Also HD is a nice thing to have

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    ScudoScudo Registered User regular
    it looks like the Wii U will be slightly more powerful than the 360/PS3, yeah? most of the demos at E3 were running on 360s

I worry that they'll be making a bid for Call of Duties and other multiplats right as those franchises are trying to jump to the next-gen systems, giving Nintendo at most a year of tech parity

and then it's back to shovelware and a handful of first party games, as the new systems far outstrip the Wii U and third parties lose interest

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    basically you're worried the new wii will be the same as the old wii

which is acceptable.

why can't they make another gamecube.

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    the gamecube is what I think of when I think of like, Nintendo bringing the quality game pain

not the N64, which was great, but not as great as the Gamecube.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    n64 had ogre battle 64 though so

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    basically if you didn't like twewy you are Dumb

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    I didn't like twewy because it was impossible for me to play because of a hand eye coordination disability!

however i enjoyed watching people play through the game

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    i don't remember the gamecube doing very well.

We need a new super nintendo.

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    Hullis wrote:
    n64 had ogre battle 64 though so

nah man you're remembering it wrong that was a gamecube game

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    The Sneak!The Sneak! Registered User regular

I didn't like it because the combat was retarded.

• Options
    Also, I love my 3DS. It's actually become my most played system in less than a month.

And as much as I love Zelda games, I can only tolerate Skyward Sword in small doses. I absolutely adore the game, but it quite possibly has some of the worst blatant padding of the entire series, and I just want to get to the damned dungeons and see more of the story!

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    the combat was amazing!

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    I could never really get a grip on joshua or beat's gameplay, but I kicked ass with shiki

giant cat laser

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    The Sneak! wrote:
    Also, I love my 3DS. It's actually become my most played system in less than a month.

And as much as I love Zelda games, I can only tolerate Skyward Sword in small doses. I absolutely adore the game, but it quite possibly has some of the worst blatant padding of the entire series, and I just want to get to the damned dungeons and see more of the story!
    Worse than Twilight princess?

• Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    The Sneak! wrote:

We're fighting, Sneak.

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    no hate for the cube, though, it had some awesome ccg games, and i love those

• Options
    i couldn't use beat very well

but i was good with joshua, had extended panel/branch clothes to get the super version of the laser

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Bedlam wrote:
    The Sneak! wrote:

Worse than Twilight princess?

Much worse.

• Options
    The Sneak! wrote:

We're fighting, Sneak.

Hey, I gave it a fair shot. Hated the combat, and wasn't a fan of the story.

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    the combat took a little while to click for me

first time I played through the game I had my partner on auto

the second time I did it the manual way and got into some of the postgame stuff

actually, I think all I have left to do for the hidden ending is beat the secret boss, but that's not happening

• Options
    mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    TWEWY is super great but hahahaha oh my god did someone really say it was less cheesy than kingdom hearts?

By the time I got to the middle of the game I was starting to wonder if I'd hallucinated Fox Kids into videogame form

mensch-o-matic on
  • Options
    when it comes right down to it, I'd rather have mr.hanekoma's cheesy friendship lectures then donald duck's

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I don't really agree about SS having padding. In fact I'd say there isn't enough moments that break up the action. You are basically "dungeon crawling" from start to finish, it's just that about half of those "dungeons" are outside areas.

• Options
    i will say that twewy could probably make a convincing transition to 3d, wheras kh showed that it can't make a good transition to 2d

chain of memories was WAY better on the ps2

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    If the 3DS has another massive price drop I might pick it up. Otherwise I think I'll just wait for the PS Vita.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    lets not fight over which tetsuya nomura creation is the most sappy and aimed at teenage girls because honestly we might as well be fighting over which tetsuya nomura game has the shittiest character designs

• Options
    spoiler alert the answer is all of them!!

• Options
    lets not fight over which tetsuya nomura creation is the most sappy and aimed at teenage girls because honestly we might as well be fighting over which tetsuya nomura game has the shittiest character designs

the final zipper kingdom ends with pocket fantasy

• Options
    now if youll excuse me i have to go replace every instance of the word 'heart' in kh2 with the word 'penis'

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I don't really agree about SS having padding. In fact I'd say there isn't enough moments that break up the action. You are basically "dungeon crawling" from start to finish, it's just that about half of those "dungeons" are outside areas.

and some of the overworld "dungeons" are better than most of the proper dungeons in the series

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    well obviously you would say that mr. nintendo plant

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    -Tal wrote:

and some of the overworld "dungeons" are better than most of the proper dungeons in the series

yeah the areas are all super well-designed

I just think the game would have been well-served if you, say, came to some villages or something now and then to give you a break from the constant barrage of stuff.

• Options
    KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    what i love nomura's designs
    you guys are EXAGGERATORS
    also im playing bbs right now and i had to go out and buy a bigger memory stick for my psp because holy SHIT those load times are fucking STUPID long.
    go to the pause menu?
    that'll be 10 seconds

• Options
    twewy was AWESOME the combat was AWESOME and i'm PUMPED for a crossover with kh3ds

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Kusuguttai wrote:

you are the problem

• Options
    Antimatter wrote:
    Kusuguttai wrote:

you are the problem

there's nothing wrong with any of his designs!!
    NOTHING! NOTTTTHIIIIING

• Options
    okay wait though did he do the ds fftactics game because the art on that was stupid buckled

• Options
    edited December 2011

So after you're done with the third dungeon, you then find out that you need to power up one of your items by going to three more dungeons. Which is fine. But in order to find the first of those three dungeons, you need to repair something in town first, which you have to go to one of the overworlds to do. So you repair this item, then you have to go back to another overworld just so that what you just repaired can pick something up that you need to move something in town to reveal the way to your first destination. So you do that, go back in town, and use the item, which leads you to some place in the clouds. So you do that, and head to the destination that's revealed to you, so you can find out where you need to go for these three destinations. I will say it was a nice little puzzle there, though.

So, okay, you find out what the three destinations are, and what do you know, it's the three places you've already been to before. So you head to the first place. Now, before you can find the new dungeon, you must first locate a secret area by dowsing, and when you find that, you're transported to a spirit area that's exactly the same as the area you're currently in, only now you're told that you need to collect these items without being seen, making it a much more annoying version of Twilight Princess's bug huting. So you do that, and you're given an item so you can explore more of the same area, which leads you to a new area, where you're told you need to get an item that's all the way back in the first dungeon that you went to in the first place. So you go all the way back there to the end of the first dungeon to find this item that's needed before the guy will even tell you where the next dungeon is. When you finally do all that, you're allowed into the next dungeon.

That is padding a game's length like a motherfucker. I have played and completed every Zelda, save for the DS titles, at least twice over, and this is by far the most monotonous Zelda I've ever encountered.

The Sneak! on
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    I am playing TWEWY. It is pretty good but doesn't do a good job explaining where to go and sometimes the combat system can be wonky. Like, I am trying to use my glacier pin to execute a glacier spike, not use my sword pin on nothing.