As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Miyamoto is retiring from his current position at Nintendo

12346»

• Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    there's a button you can set that when you press alternates between different enabled pins
    so if two motions conflict you can set one to secondary and press that button plus the motion to do it without using the other conflicting pin

also i liked the art in ffta2

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    okay if you didn't think the goddess tears stuff was fun then we just have very different ideas about what fun is

because I had a blast with those segments

• SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    The Sneak! wrote:
    I don't really agree about SS having padding. In fact I'd say there isn't enough moments that break up the action. You are basically "dungeon crawling" from start to finish, it's just that about half of those "dungeons" are outside areas.

So after you're done with the third dungeon, you then find out that you need to power up one of your items by going to three more dungeons. Which is fine. But in order to find the first of those three dungeons, you need to repair something in town first, which you have to go to one of the overworlds to do. So you repair this item, then you have to go back to another overworld just so that what you just repaired can pick something up that you need to move something in town to reveal the way to your first destination. So you do that, go back in town, and use the item, which leads you to some place in the clouds. So you do that, and head to the destination that's revealed to you, so you can find out where you need to go for these three destinations. I will say it was a nice little puzzle there, though.

So, okay, you find out what the three destinations are, and what do you know, it's the three places you've already been to before. So you head to the first place. Now, before you can find the new dungeon, you must first locate a secret area by dowsing, and when you find that, you're transported to a spirit area that's exactly the same as the area you're currently in, only now you're told that you need to collect these items without being seen, making it a much more annoying version of Twilight Princess's bug huting. So you do that, and you're given an item so you can explore more of the same area, which leads you to a new area, where you're told you need to get an item that's all the way back in the first dungeon that you went to in the first place. So you go all the way back there to the end of the first dungeon to find this item that's needed before the guy will even tell you where the next dungeon is. When you finally do all that, you're allowed into the next dungeon.

That is padding a game's length like a motherfucker. I have played and completed every Zelda, save for the DS titles, at least twice over, and this is by far the most monotonous Zelda I've ever encountered.

That's not even the worst one! The worst one is the fucking tadpoles.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Yeah, the Tadtones are the only part of the game I haven't liked so far. And I'm finishing up sidequests before the last boss. I want Batreaux to turn human or accept himself or whatever happens.

Everything else is unbelievably fun!

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    you know it's weird every one complains about the tadtones

i wasn't in love with that segment but it didn't seem all that bad to me?

• KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    The Sneak! wrote:
    I don't really agree about SS having padding. In fact I'd say there isn't enough moments that break up the action. You are basically "dungeon crawling" from start to finish, it's just that about half of those "dungeons" are outside areas.

So after you're done with the third dungeon, you then find out that you need to power up one of your items by going to three more dungeons. Which is fine. But in order to find the first of those three dungeons, you need to repair something in town first, which you have to go to one of the overworlds to do. So you repair this item, then you have to go back to another overworld just so that what you just repaired can pick something up that you need to move something in town to reveal the way to your first destination. So you do that, go back in town, and use the item, which leads you to some place in the clouds. So you do that, and head to the destination that's revealed to you, so you can find out where you need to go for these three destinations. I will say it was a nice little puzzle there, though.

So, okay, you find out what the three destinations are, and what do you know, it's the three places you've already been to before. So you head to the first place. Now, before you can find the new dungeon, you must first locate a secret area by dowsing, and when you find that, you're transported to a spirit area that's exactly the same as the area you're currently in, only now you're told that you need to collect these items without being seen, making it a much more annoying version of Twilight Princess's bug huting. So you do that, and you're given an item so you can explore more of the same area, which leads you to a new area, where you're told you need to get an item that's all the way back in the first dungeon that you went to in the first place. So you go all the way back there to the end of the first dungeon to find this item that's needed before the guy will even tell you where the next dungeon is. When you finally do all that, you're allowed into the next dungeon.

That is padding a game's length like a motherfucker. I have played and completed every Zelda, save for the DS titles, at least twice over, and this is by far the most monotonous Zelda I've ever encountered.

this seems pretty contradictory to everything i've heard about the game!!!

• The Sneak!The Sneak! Registered User regular
    okay if you didn't think the goddess tears stuff was fun then we just have very different ideas about what fun is

because I had a blast with those segments

They are the opposite of fun for me. They're stressful, and having a time limit for collecting items can fuck right off.

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    I enjoyed all that stuff between dungeons 3 and 4, it was certainly more active than sailing for 15 minutes

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • CampionCampion Registered User regular
    Yeah, the goddess tears were pretty cool, but it got pretty easy after the first one.

4484-7718-8470
  • ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    340x.gif

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • CptKemzikCptKemzik Registered User regular
    basically you're worried the new wii will be the same as the old wii

which is acceptable.

why can't they make another gamecube.

The gamecube was a really underrated console. Aside from the glaringly obvious flaw of virtually no online play support (though xbox live was the only one to do it right at the time), and no multimedia support (which comes down to personal preferences really), I feel like the system received all the flak and fallout of nintendo's hubris from handling the n64. Arguably better first party lineup of nintendo games, and it had a much greater third party/multiplatform library. Unfortunately the gamecube ports usually didnt handle any better than the ps2 versions even though the cube was a sleeper powerhouse (see metroid prime games and REmake plus 4).