As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Spike VGA 2011 Nominees Announced (Getting better, but it's still Spike VGA)

• TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Also, as adorable as Felicia Day is... they really chose these little skits over showing the awards?

• mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    This sure is something.

Is Felicia Day really that popular?

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • RehabRehab Registered User regular
    These are officially the dumbest mini games, and that is saying a lot!

NNID: Rehab0
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    It's for Child's Play, so that makes it worth it!

Nevermind that the cash values were only mentioned in the first game, and they are PITIFUL compared to what people give to CP for a humble indy bundle, let alone the developer/publisher donations.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Do they always just cough out the awards in one slimy ball of hair?

• LittleBootsLittleBoots Registered User regular
    This sure is something.

But she's a girl, and she likes games! OMG!

Tofu wrote: Here be Littleboots, destroyer of threads and master of drunkposting.
  • Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Rakai wrote:
    Darth_Mogs wrote:

Could anything really have?

From a first party developer? Nope.

Really? Because fanboy exclusive game battles are more important than new games from good developers? God. [idlethumbs]Videogaaaaames[/idlethumbs].

Also, lol Hulk Hogan. Fuck off you old prick. Quit ruining wrestling.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    The commercial breaks wouldn't be so bad if they at least piped in Deadmous's audio.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote:
    It's for Child's Play, so that makes it worth it!

Nevermind that the cash values were only mentioned in the first game, and they are PITIFUL compared to what people give to CP for a humble indy bundle, let alone the developer/publisher donations.

yeah, that's the point of charity. To argue over who's most charitable. Love or hate the vignettes, they're advertising Child's Play to a pretty big audience, and that's awesome.

FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    This sure is something.

But she's a girl, and she likes games! OMG!

Wait a minute. I like games! I bet she'll have sex with me!

Ceno on
  • mastriusmastrius Registered User regular

Rakai wrote:
    Darth_Mogs wrote:

Could anything really have?

From a first party developer? Nope.

Really? Because fanboy exclusive game battles are more important than new games from good developers? God. [idlethumbs]Videogaaaaames[/idlethumbs].

Also, lol Hulk Hogan. Fuck off you old prick. Quit ruining wrestling.

Heh.

Also. Come on now maniac-brother. What are you talking about?

"You're like a kitten! A kitten who doesn't speak Japanese." ~ Juliet Starling
    I just think that if they were serious about supporting Child's Play, they'd pony up some real numbers. Oh, and give 1-2 minutes of screen time to showing what CP does and how it brings joy to people. Remember, Activision's Endowment for Vets (another worthy cause) got about a minute of screentime/explanation.

Speaking of which, did anybody actually catch all the games they listed in that blurb?

I can't rewind on the stream.

... Oregon Trail is a social game? I thought it went all Donner party, anti-social..

Marcus Fenix's character arc: Gears 1-3 Mad, Gears 3 ending sad.

Character of the year folks.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
    Athenor wrote:
    I just think that if they were serious about supporting Child's Play, they'd pony up some real numbers. Oh, and give 1-2 minutes of screen time to showing what CP does and how it brings joy to people. Remember, Activision's Endowment for Vets (another worthy cause) got about a minute of screentime/explanation.

You musta just missed the large on screen graphic and talk about Child's Play.

• Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    Oh goodie, it's some band! Pee break.

4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
    Taramoor wrote:
    Speaking of which, did anybody actually catch all the games they listed in that blurb?

Skyward Sword won best Wii & Social Game
    Uncharted 3 won best PS3 and something else.
    Portal 2 won best multiplayer, acting by a male, acting by a female, PC, and a couple others.

• TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    Shiggy headbanging is something I'll never unsee

• Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote:
    ... Oregon Trail is a social game? I thought it went all Donner party, anti-social..
    Yes, a Farmville-style game came out for the iOS recently.

steam_sig.png
    edited December 2011
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Athenor wrote:

You musta just missed the large on screen graphic and talk about Child's Play.

Possibly, I was picking up a pizza. Still think they should be donating more. (Mostly because I think our small, local dominion tourney will raise more for Child's Play than they are showing... though it won't touch the home donations, obviously).

Seriously, though, I love the fact they are supporting CP.

Edit: Damnit, I was typing and missed Shiggy headbanging?! Okay, I'm shutting up now. Award show threads always get to me. :(

Athenor on
  • RehabRehab Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote:

I had no idea about the Child's Play connection until your brought it up just now.

They should just show parts from one of the PATV episodes, say they are donating X amount, and do away with the skits. Of course that isn't much of a spectacle so I can see why the focus isn't on the charity itself.

NNID: Rehab0
    Seth Green shaking his head at the Black Keys. See, the VGAs aren't all bad.

4hNKbHH.png
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    The category list is so full of subjectivity and the content of the show so geared to 13 year old console players that even if it has Felicia Day in it I still can't bring myself to watch it.

Let me know who wins best soundtrack though, that one is ok, and it better be fucking Skyrim.

488W936.png
    Athenor wrote:
    Taramoor wrote:

Skyward Sword won best Wii & Social Game
    Uncharted 3 won best PS3 and something else.
    Portal 2 won best multiplayer, acting by a male, acting by a female, PC, and a couple others.

Bastion won original song, soundtrack, and downloadable game.

That was all I really saw. I thought, you know.. WII/360/PS3 GAME OF THE YEAR would be given a little bit more time.

Corehealer wrote:
    The category list is so full of subjectivity and the content of the show so geared to 13 year old console players that even if it has Felicia Day in it I still can't bring myself to watch it.

Let me know who wins best soundtrack though, that one is ok, and it better be fucking Skyrim.

Bastion already got it.

• AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    LOL BLACK GUYS ARE AGGRESSIVE WITH THEIR CUSSING AND IN-YOUR-FACE AMIRITE.

HAW HE SAID BUST A CAP IN THEY ASS LOL.

Absalon on
  • Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    Turkey wrote:

I missed this.

Goddamnit.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • MegamaniacoMegamaniaco Madrid, Spain (again!)Registered User regular
    Who is this clown?

Steam ID: Megamaniaco // LoL summoner: Corcorigan (NA), Megamaniaco (EUW) // Hearthstone: Megamaniaco.2120

Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.
  • KuratosuKuratosu Registered User regular
    This is... Uhmm...

Why are they wasting time on this and skipping the actual award part of the award show...?

Click spoiler for Backloggery, and gamer info:
    sig.gif
    Gamer Tag: LeeWay0
    PSN: Leeway0
  • AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    Zelda is winning GOTY

Black Baron is the goddamn voice of reason here, and that's bang-up.

Darth_Mogs wrote:
    Turkey wrote:

I missed this.

Goddamnit.

Don't worry, I'm sure reddit will be flooded with gifs of it very shortly.

Tofu wrote: Here be Littleboots, destroyer of threads and master of drunkposting.
  • TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    I was having a lot of fun with the first half, not so much with the second half.

EvilBadman wrote:

Please do not lend him any credibility.

4hNKbHH.png
    FUCKING BRUTICUS!

I'm shaking right now.. giddy like a schoolgirl! THAT WAS FUCKING AWESOME!

Wait, was than award or a commercial... the lines... where are they I can't see them anymore...

• Guitar Hero Of TimeGuitar Hero Of Time Registered User regular
    Fall of Cybertron pulling out some G1 Transformers like whoa.

• Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    So I'm guessing the logic behind having Last of Us be the first reveal is to make people think all the reveals will be as good as it. Then they put the mediocre ones in the middle (Rainbow Six, Spider-Man and Transformers) so that by then people just say fuck it and stick around for the remaining good ones at the end?

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
    EvilBadman wrote:

Please do not lend him any credibility.

Seeing as he made everyone in the vicinity uncomfortable, nah.