As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Where to sell porcelain collector plates

defreakdefreak Registered User regular
edited December 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
I have 20 of these plates, most of them Christmas themed, the others are nature/scenery themed, like ducks, streams, ponds, etc. They belonged to my mother in law, she recently stumbled upon them in her attic, still in their original shipping packaging, brand new never opened, each comes with a certificate of authenticity. She didn't even know she had these ordered from 17 years ago. She gave it to me to sell, or do whatever with them. The plates are mainly by 3 artists, Dona Gilsinger, Owen J Gromme and Maynard Reece.

I already checked ebay, there's a lot of supply but no demand for these plates, most are listed for $10-$20, I've watched 10 auctions so far and none has sold yet. The original price was $26 per plate back in 1994. I rather not use craiglist. Anyone know any place/website where I can sell these? If I can get $5 per plate I'll be happy. Pic below.

bjaoh3.jpg

defreak on

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    List them all for $5 on ebay, pray someone buys them. There is absolutely no market whatsoever for these things. The certificate of authenticity is a hilarious ploy to dupe people into pretending there is anything "collector" about them.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Yeah, worthless. The whole thing is a con to prey on old people in Reader's Digest.