As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Community: I wish there was a word to describe the pleasure I feel in viewing misfortune

19495969798100»

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Reading about the actual ending to the Who's the Boss episode is so sad.

A new thread is up, but it will not be the last one!

Keep believing!

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Variable wrote:
    I'm still not clear on how you do a glee parody 'playing it straight' if this episode wasn't... I don't think you've really cleared that up for me schrodinger. the show Glee is playing Glee straight based on what you're saying. they would just be doing an episode of glee.

Dude. The episode was silly to the point where it's revealed that the guy they've been worshipping and working for all along was a mass murderer. And then they let him get away, without the slightest bit of concern.

The fact that you reveal that one of the characters is a mass murderer and no one thinks twice means that they are seriously breaking the reality of the show.

In the "Who's The Boss" episode, the original ending was that the teacher shoots himself and Abed walks away, feeling nothing. And everyone at the table laughed and laughed, but then they realized that it could never air because it completely broke the reality of the show.

In this case, they reveal that the dude is a mass murderer. Who killed the last Glee club. And is now angry at Britta.

That's not even something that Glee would ever try.

I don't know, that sound about at the level of internal consistency with itself, much less reality, that glee gleefully maintains

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Damn, that was a hilarious Community cameo on Chuck tonight. :)

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    AsharadAsharad Registered User regular
    Variable wrote:
    I can't remember the entire episode that includes the abed who's the boss bits so I'm not sure if it fits there, and having someone blow their brains out in front of abed and he doesn't care is different from someone admitting they killed the glee club because they were bad singers and running away to probably be arrested.

The original script had Abed hearing the gunshot after he already left the classroom.

And yeah, the teacher got away. Jeff asks, "Wait, did he just say he killed the team?" and then everyone changes the subject. We don't see anyone chase after him, or at the very least, we don't see anyone call the cops.

Yes, the scene matches the tone of the episode. But that's because the tone of the episode was completely broken to begin with, which is my point. Community isn't "Family Guy." It isn't even "30 Rock."

I can't figure out if you are being serious or not.

Are you suggesting that the episode would have been better for you if they performed some sort of citizens arrest at the end?

I thought this episode fit the overall tone of the show very well. It's not a realistic show. It's never been a realistic show. The world they have created isn't Family Guy, I'll grant you, but it's hardly a police procedural.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    @Asharad: I'm going to quote you and respond to you in the new thread.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Asharad wrote:
    Variable wrote:
    I can't remember the entire episode that includes the abed who's the boss bits so I'm not sure if it fits there, and having someone blow their brains out in front of abed and he doesn't care is different from someone admitting they killed the glee club because they were bad singers and running away to probably be arrested.

The original script had Abed hearing the gunshot after he already left the classroom.

And yeah, the teacher got away. Jeff asks, "Wait, did he just say he killed the team?" and then everyone changes the subject. We don't see anyone chase after him, or at the very least, we don't see anyone call the cops.

Yes, the scene matches the tone of the episode. But that's because the tone of the episode was completely broken to begin with, which is my point. Community isn't "Family Guy." It isn't even "30 Rock."

I can't figure out if you are being serious or not.

Are you suggesting that the episode would have been better for you if they performed some sort of citizens arrest at the end?

I thought this episode fit the overall tone of the show very well. It's not a realistic show. It's never been a realistic show. The world they have created isn't Family Guy, I'll grant you, but it's hardly a police procedural.

No but if they'd referred to his capture off-screen it would've helped a lot.