As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

They [Chat]

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Feral wrote:
    Elki wrote:
    Fucking finally. Youtube on Xbox.

no shit?

I'm having a Youtube Night at my house early next week. And I definitely prefer running it from the Xbox, instead of a laptop + HDMI.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    You get a bunch of people together and watch cat videos?

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Why you getting down on yourself? I mean I can respect someone that can see, "I don't have the organizational skills for this." However, with your quick wit here, I doubt that's the case. Just keep it in your mind as you gain more experience.

I'm just a baby (cook)! I'm not a'sposed to be taking my big boy steps yet.

I mean, I am in a very fortunate position that the very moment I think I'd like to open a place of my own, my family would be on-board 100% because they are bored and have too much money.

But I don't even have my red seal! I got lots of learning to do about food, not to mention the business side of things. Money and product management I'm not too concerned about, but the HR/people side of things I could develop a lot more.

Mostly though, I want to find a place with a large, structured hierarchy where I can make meaningful progression through the organization through hard work and displays of skill and talent, and reach the upper echelons of that organization, before I even consider striking out on my own.

• thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote:

You don't? Weirdo

• BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    Good morning [chat].

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    Feral wrote:
    Elki wrote:
    Fucking finally. Youtube on Xbox.

no shit?

I'm having a Youtube Night at my house early next week. And I definitely prefer running it from the Xbox, instead of a laptop + HDMI.

you're always doing awesome things I've never heard of

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I need to fix my HTPC. The HD crashed. :P

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Feral wrote:

>5 years on it?

Sarksus wrote:

Pretty much? Not literally, of course, very few cat videos get played. It's a jam format where one person picks a funny video, which should inspire other people to go "oh, that reminds me of..." and then they pick a different hilarious video. Youtube Battle / Night, but everybody's a winner.

It's great.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    BeNarwhal wrote:
    Why you getting down on yourself? I mean I can respect someone that can see, "I don't have the organizational skills for this." However, with your quick wit here, I doubt that's the case. Just keep it in your mind as you gain more experience.

I mean, I am in a very fortunate position that the very moment I think I'd like to open a place of my own, my family would be on-board 100% because they are bored and have too much money.

But I don't even have my red seal! I got lots of learning to do about food, not to mention the business side of things. Money and product management I'm not too concerned about, but the HR/people side of things I could develop a lot more.

Mostly though, I want to find a place with a large, structured hierarchy where I can make meaningful progression through the organization through hard work and displays of skill and talent, and reach the upper echelons of that organization, before I even consider striking out on my own.

Honestly, Mr. Narwhal. Do what must be done, but then, do what needs to be done. And that's, use your powers for awesome. No joke. I wish I had the palette for food prep.

• Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    YouTube comment sections are being invaded by "Blah blah blah, then he took an arrow in the knee."

Radical.

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote:

>5 years on it?

I dunno of the top of my head. I'll have to look.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• South hostSouth host I obey without question Registered User regular
    Elki wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:

Pretty much? Not literally, of course, very few cat videos get played. It's a jam format where one person picks a funny video, which should inspire other people to go "oh, that reminds me of..." and then they pick a different hilarious video. Youtube Battle / Night, but everybody's a winner.

It's great.

I would just show a bunch of MST3K videos if I ever did one of these.

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
    Feral wrote:
    Feral wrote:

>5 years on it?

I dunno of the top of my head. I'll have to look.

Sometimes HD's are warranted to 5-years. Honestly, though, it's a huge shell game. It's all statistics and physics. There are some heads on the magnetic readers that are better than others, also some platters that are better than others, so the firmware tends to run a statistical crap-shoot on how to store the data.

Most likely, you have 99% of the data on your drive in a stable form. However, the firmware is like, "wtf!? this shit is wack!" and tells you it's not good because the likely hood that the data is degrading is higher than some threshold.

OH YEAH I'M DRINKIN' WHAT'S UP?!

• Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    South host wrote:
    Elki wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:

It's great.

Or Red Dwarf, Black Adder, Mitchel and Webb... I could inspire a nights worth of British yuck yuck vids.

In other news, Google can't graph me a 2-variable Gaussian curve, and this will be me tomorrow morning:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLhFDYQHDQY

South host wrote:
    Elki wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:

It's great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFHlJ2voJHY

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote:

Honestly, Mr. Narwhal. Do what must be done, but then, do what needs to be done. And that's, use your powers for awesome. No joke. I wish I had the palette for food prep.

Goal #1 right now is my Red Seal. It is my maniacal focus, and I will work any position in any kitchen in the world doing whatever I have to do to acquire the hours necessary to earn the right to write the exam for my Red Seal. I need 6000 hours and I am over half-way there (arguably close to two-thirds of the way, depending on what hours I include in my count).

Once I have that, pretty much anything is possible! But I don't have to make any decisions now, or any time soon. My goal for 2012 is to register another 2000 hours and for our wedding to go off without any major hitches.

I'm a simple man with simple dreams. :)

Sometimes HD's are warranted to 5-years. Honestly, though, it's a huge shell game. It's all statistics and physics. There are some heads on the magnetic readers that are better than others, also some platters that are better than others, so the firmware tends to run a statistical crap-shoot on how to store the data.

Most likely, you have 99% of the data on your drive in a stable form. However, the firmware is like, "wtf!? this shit is wack!" and tells you it's not good because the likely hood that the data is degrading is higher than some threshold.

Yeah, I'm not really worried about the data. It was a Windows XP machine that was mostly used for Hulu, YouTube, a little bit of content pulled over the network from my desk PC. And the hard drive in it was an 80GB IDE Western Digital, I have so many spares of those I can't sneeze in my office without hitting one.

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Okay, starting to figure out the Bayonetta combat system some, though, I still having a hard time reading the enemy animations (hard to tell when an enemy is just milling about and when it is attacking, so much shit on screen).

The combos feel pretty weird still though, how fast you have to press the buttons for some combos and the pauses you have to put in for others. I guess at least it is not a pressure sensitive set up.

• South hostSouth host I obey without question Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote:
    South host wrote:
    Elki wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:

It's great.

Yep, pretty much this, all the time.

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
    Sarksus wrote:
    South host wrote:
    Elki wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:

It's great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFHlJ2voJHY

Yeah....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNIVpMXHqlk

• Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    I only get KFC once in a long while, but this is the absolute last goddamn time.

It felt like I had a lead ball in my stomach and it hurt so much I made myself vomit. I just couldn't take it any more. I feel so much better, but the fact that I had to do that just fucking sucks.

Nova_C wrote:
    I only get KFC once in a long while, but this is the absolute last goddamn time.

It felt like I had a lead ball in my stomach and it hurt so much I made myself vomit. I just couldn't take it any more. I feel so much better, but the fact that I had to do that just fucking sucks.

Sounds about right.

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    HOLY SHIT YOU SCRUBS INTERSTATE '76 IS THREE DOLLARS ON GOG.COM RIGHT NOW

GO GO GO GO

rRwz9.gif
    Jacobkosh wrote:

GO GO GO GO

404 on the game's page!

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    what do you need a crimson pinniped for, narwhal?

fuck gendered marketing
  • MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    Hello [chat].

What's the good word?

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
    Nova_C wrote:

NSFW South Park Clip

Elldren wrote:

It's a pretty big deal in Canadia. By big deal, I mean, it's awesome and I support his move to earn it.

MyDcmbr wrote:
    Hello [chat].

What's the good word?

Why haven't you heard?

Now let's see that again... in slow motion.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    MyDcmbr wrote:
    Hello [chat].

What's the good word?

Why haven't you heard?

No no no!

We are not going to do this!

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • BergyBergy Registered User regular
    if you call 217-332-1882 students of UofI will answer and sing you a christmas carol of your choosing

please bother the hell out of them.

ChicagoBulls01.jpg
    I've been trying to reach you, but your extension cord doesn't reach that far.
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Elldren wrote:

It's a pretty big deal in Canadia. By big deal, I mean, it's awesome and I support his move to earn it.

I thought Canada was more of a walrus nation

fuck gendered marketing
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Sarksus wrote:
    Jacobkosh wrote:

GO GO GO GO

404 on the game's page!

refresh it!

or just go to the "deals" from the front page, it's listed there

rRwz9.gif
    Jacobkosh wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:
    Jacobkosh wrote:

GO GO GO GO

404 on the game's page!

refresh it!

or just go to the "deals" from the front page, it's listed there

Well I can just add it to my cart but I don't know what it is. I checked Wikipedia and it is a vehicular combat game and I don't really like those!

Bergy wrote:
    if you call 217-332-1882 students of UofI will answer and sing you a christmas carol of your choosing

Why will they do this.

• BergyBergy Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote:
    Bergy wrote:

Why will they do this.

I was told by them its a 51 year tradition to avoid studying for finals.

ChicagoBulls01.jpg
    I've been trying to reach you, but your extension cord doesn't reach that far.
This discussion has been closed.