As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chaos] Game 59-Same Game, Different Day

18910111214»

• Options
    texasheattexasheat Registered User regular
    blahmcblah wrote:
    If he doesn't leap to Bretonnia, you'll be 1 VP short at 49 to my 50. Way to give me a heart attack, though. :P

Damn, are you sure, i could have sworn i was at 51....damn damn damn...

• Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Yep. I guess not getting that hit in Norsca actually did cost you the game. Would've been a VP tie at 50 with you winning on the threat tiebreaker. It's funny, I never even factored that possibility in to the many endgame scenarios I ran. Sorry dude, that's just the way the dice go sometimes. Believe me, I know. :)

Edit: Oh right, now I remember. I was just so sure that Plaguebearer would survive the battle in TC.

blahmcblah on
  • Options
    blahmcblah wrote:
    Yep. I guess not getting that hit in Norsca actually did cost you the game. Would've been a VP tie at 50 with you winning on the threat tiebreaker. It's funny, I never even factored that possibility in to the many endgame scenarios I ran. Sorry dude, that's just the way the dice go sometimes. Believe me, I know. :)

Edit: Oh right, now I remember. I was just so sure that Plaguebearer would survive the battle in TC.

Yea, i knew it hinged on that. And i figured the same thing you did. But when Korne took him out, i knew i was in the running.

• Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Actually, rethinking it again, I had already decided that I'd kill that TC Plaguebearer if I got a hit and didn't need to kill an Acolyte, but I was sure HR would take second in Bretonnia so it wouldn't matter. So I guess by "did cost you the game," I mean "might've cost you the game based on HR's decision." :P

• Options
    blahmcblah wrote:
    Actually, rethinking it again, I had already decided that I'd kill that TC Plaguebearer if I got a hit and didn't need to kill an Acolyte, but I was sure HR would take second in Bretonnia so it wouldn't matter. So I guess by "did cost you the game," I mean "might've cost you the game based on HR's decision." :P

Wait...what? I thought you said you'd win regardless of his decision?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, now. But not if you'd scored a hit two hits in Norsca.

Edit: Missed The Blue Scribes there.

blahmcblah on
  • Options
    Forgive me, i guess i don't know why norsca is in question. When i said that, i had forgotten the dark elves. Are we tied there? I thought i took second by myself...

• Options
    Second is yours alone, but you needed two hits to dominate.

• Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Could I get an official post-battle board?
    I'm at work & can't dig into all the possibilities but I know people want my decision, I think, if it still matters.

stever777 on
    Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    It doesn't matter in the grand scheme any more, although it might matter to you.

Here's the board if you leap to Bretonnia:
    game59state63.png

And here's if you leap to Tilea:
    game59state64.png

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I vote for board #1 (I get more points).

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    So, hmm. When i counted it i didn't count any domination. Yet still got to 51, i must have miscounted. Good game slaanesh.

• Options
    susansusan Registered User regular
    Solid play all around, good game people and nice win Slaanesh :) . One lousy dice roll in the end... Guess the Warrior upgrade was the way to go after all, eh :P ?

2010 PAX DM Challenge Grand Champion
    2011 PAX Warmachine/Hordes Champion
  • Options
    I'll take the points and leap to Bretonnia.
    GG ALL!

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Post-battle phase-Round 4

game59state66.png

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just realized I missed a couple minor things on my unofficial update for the HR earlier. I forgot I killed that Bloodsworn in Kislev, and HR should've been given a chance to add another Clan Rat from his upgrade when he leaped. Neither one actually matters, but I'll hold off on accepting any congratulations just yet until SeGaTai finishes wrapping things up in case I missed anything else.

blahmcblah on
  • Options
    Corruption Phase-Round 4

game59state67.png

Domination Step
    Norsca:+1
    Troll Country:+4
    Bretonnia:+5
    Estalia:+4 DAC, rats skitter to Bretonnia
    Tilea:+2
    Border Princes:+1
    Badlands:+2

Corruption Step
    Norsca:+2, DAC, +2, +1
    Troll Country:+3, +1
    Bretonnia:+4 DAC

Norsca is 3rd to ruin:+4, +4, +4
    Troll Country is 4th to ruin:+5, +5, +5
    Bretonnia is 5th to ruin:+5, +5, +5

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nurgle gets +5 VP for ruining TC with his dead Plaguebearer.

Edit: Heh, can't believe I missed HR getting ruiners' points from Bretonnia. You did better than I posted earlier, stever!

blahmcblah on
  • Options
    Round 4-End Phase Phase

game59state68.png

1. Remove Chaos Cards from the Board -done

2. Hero Tokens are resolved - Not going to matter

3. Resolve Old World cards - Skavengers - In the end phase when Old World cards are resolved, the player with the smallest Threat score places one Skaven token in any region where there is at least one Warpstone token, unless there are no Warpstone tokens in play. Not going to matter
    Dark Elves already claimed there victims
    4. Score Ruined Regions -Norsca:+7, +3,
    Troll Country:+8, +4
    Bretonnia:+10, +5

5. Advance Threat Dials - Khorne has the most DAC and ticks twice, all others tick once-no VP awarded with dial ticks so again not going to matter

6.Check for Game End-The game has ended with a VP win by Slaanesh

The extra rat from skittering wont effect anything, feel free to check the math though. My thanks to everyone for playing, was an enjoyable pace from everyone, makes it more interesting for me to host.

Added props to Nurgle for completing his quest-burned a little too bright, and Khorne for refusing to pick the bloodletter upgrade which I currently believe breaks the balance of the game

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    Correction Nurgle has 44VP

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    Well, there was a lot of crazy crap going on at the end here.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Was a good game! Really short mind you (fuck you Peace!) but a good game.

Slaanesh's Khorne Appeasement Strategy paid off!

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, this one was crazy tough. They say that in games where all the players are of equal skill, it comes down to chance, and this one really did come down to coin flips that just happened to land in my favor.

Oh, and susan, I'm still not sure the Daemonette upgrade was the right choice. With the Peace in effect, I had hoped to drop Daemonic Subtlety in The Empire and steal 3 cultists to dominate and possibly even steal 1st place there, but then the Electors turned into Dark Elves and blew everything to hell. It's possible the KoS might've screwed me by bringing more attention on me, but I think in the end it might've been worth more points. Although you were right; the Daemonettes are a ton of fun.

Thanks all for the great game, I'm really looking forward to playing with all of you again! And thanks so much to SeGaTai for hosting - I hope I didn't meddle too much.

PARTY HARD

blahmcblah on
  • Options
    Yeah, with that Peace going, I was hoping the upgraded Clan Rats would've overrun the land but then peace ended so quickly. :cry:

• Options
    susansusan Registered User regular
    I love how there is exactly 1 corruption at the end in a region that did not get ruined. Good concentration people :) .

2010 PAX DM Challenge Grand Champion
    2011 PAX Warmachine/Hordes Champion
  • Options
    And we only ruined the first 5 regions of the order (but not in order).

Also, I know I'm dating myself with this, but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WccfbPQNMbg

• Options
    Thanks, SeGaTai for hosting!

• Options
    Great game everyone, it was short, but loads of fun. Till next time!