As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

A Christmas [MiniPhalla]: Do It Yourself 2-GAME OVER: Mafia Victory

romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
edited December 2011 in Critical Failures
Christmas%20Miniphalla.gif

Ok, its that time of the year again...Everyone get your party hats on and start celebrating.

What is This?

This is a MiniPhalla for 20-25 people. See here for information on what a Phalla is.

This is the sequel to this game, so you're encouraged to read some of that game if you want a good idea as to what goes on.

The Catch

Rather than me assigning roles, each person will make his own role and send it to me in a PM.

I will then collect all the roles and 'balance' them. The 'balance' basically means imposing some negative aspect to each role or outright removing powers.
The more creative you are with the role theme, power or win condition etc, the more generous i'm going to be when it comes to balancing. Additionally, the less common your ability or power choice is the less likely you are to have it removed or be given some horrendous downside.

Last game too many people picked vig and I had to cut a few. Hindsight told me I didn't cut enough. I won't make that mistake again, be creative.

The only direct rule on role choice that exists is that, as this is a Christmas themed game, Your role must be at least loosely christmas (or holiday/whatever the politically correct term is) themed.

Ok, so how do i play?

Once you PM me your role submission, i'll add you to the player list. Signing up is entirely optional and does nothing other than letting me (and others) that you'd like to play.

The bare minimum you need to send me is a character name and a brief description.
Obviously the more you send (i.e powers, win conditions/alignment etc) the more your character is in your control rather than mine. T
A example list of roles you could use for inspiration is available here.

RULES:
  • No anonymous contact. PMs, proboards, IRC or IMs etc are all allowed as long as both players talking know who the other is in game. Additionally, i ask that you send me links to any proboards you create.
  • Don't use the 'add to conversation feature in a conversation that's already been started. It allows you to prove what someone said in a way that shouldn't be possible.
  • No screenshoting or direct quoting of your role PM or any other information I send you. You are allowed to paraphrase it however, unless i state otherwise.
  • Dead players may not converse with living players and vice versa. When you die, whatever you know dies with you. Ghost posts are tolerated but frowned upon and they must not contain anything game related.
  • Voting is done in bold red. Retracting can be done in bold lime but is not required, just revote.
  • Posts containing a vote cannnot be edited. You are not allowed to delete posts.
  • Clarifications should be asked in bold orange.
  • You must make ONE vote each day. There is no minimum post number, but if I feel you are not contributing to the game enough I will send you a warning (not the same as an inactivity notice). If you fail to meet these requirements you will have 12 hours to respond to my inactivity notice PM or I will contact a reserve to replace you.

VOTE CLOSE will be at 2:00AM EST(American)

For convenience sake, if you want to PM me individually, please reply to your role PM. It makes it easier if i have one PM strand from each player. Additionally, i realise that vote close may be too late for some people to stay up to. If you need to relay a message post vote-close but prior to narration, you can PM me the message and i will relay it ,in your name, prior to narration for you.

romanqwerty on

• romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Player List:
    1. Psolms
    2. Tayrun
    3. T_A
    4. Cythraul
    5. Retaba
    6. Mascara
    7. REG_Rysk
    8. Diorinix
    9. CaptainPlanet
    10.Daniant
    11.Kime
    12.Slym
    13.Phyphor
    14.MrTlicious
    15.Spoit
    16.Cayrus
    17.Bedlam
    18.Taya
    19.Segatai
    20.Matev
    21.artadius
    22.38thDoe

Narrations:

romanqwerty on
  • The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Custom Mini?

Custom Mini!

• TayrunTayrun Registered User regular
    POW!

• RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular

• CaptainPlanet82CaptainPlanet82 Registered User regular

Help my friend realize his excellent Cyber Punk savage setting! Check out the Ronin: Chrome and Shadows Kickstarter!
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Ok and now I actually read the op and I am extremely pumped.

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Santa baby, put a signup under the tree, for me.

• mascara305mascara305 Registered User regular

Don't judge me by my failures, but only by my dreams
  • REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    This is the part where I do the thing with the limegreen?

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    !yeeeeeeeaaaaahhhhh

• DiorinixDiorinix Registered User regular

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mmmmm....toasty.
    When is the deadline for roles to be in?

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Hahaha I do so enjoy these, I'm in.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • daniantdaniant Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
  • SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    SIGNIN' UP!

If I come up with a better idea later, can I switch?

I didn't want to spend too much time thinking and lose out on a spot.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
    Role sent

Steam profile
  • REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    kime forgot to lime

Liming is optional

Steam profile
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Italics are not

• MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Oh, I hate italics...

Italics?

Suspicious.

MrTLicious wrote:
    Oh, I hate italics...
    You're going on the naughty list.

Bedlam wrote:
    When is the deadline for roles to be in?

I'm not gonna start the game before 2AM EST tonight. However you have until all the slots are filled. If you have a reasonable explanation for why you can't write up a quick role now, PM me and I might reserve you a spot.

• MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote:
    MrTLicious wrote:
    Oh, I hate italics...
    You're going on the naughty list.

:winky:

• DiorinixDiorinix Registered User regular
    Role sent.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mmmmm....toasty.
    Player list updated..

Still plenty of slots left...You're welcome to resubmit your role if you think of something better. I'll just take whatever role is furthest down you PM strand.

edited December 2011
    Also i've been meaning to do this in my next game.

I'm willing to make phyphor's magic box Host Authorised. This means that Phyphor can choose, before the game starts, whether he wants it to be considered a 'personal spreadsheet' and die when he dies or a 'host allowed service to everyone' which persists through the entire game.

romanqwerty on
  • CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    Role submitted!

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase

I'm willing to make phyphor's magic box Host Authorised. This means that Phyphor can choose, before the game starts, whether he wants it to be considered a 'personal spreadsheet' and die when he dies or a 'host allowed service to everyone' which persists through the entire game.

So in other words, if Phyphor chooses to make it a "personal spreadsheet" then we must kill him out of spite.

That's what I heard

Steam profile
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular

The magic box will stay up for the entire game. Maybe the mafia won't kill me now!

Role Sent

• The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Phyphor wrote:

The magic box will stay up for the entire game. Maybe the mafia won't kill me now!
    Nah, they're just going to kill you out of spite now. :P

• MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular

It's the most wonderful time of the year.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • TayaTaya Registered User regular

I'm not all that creative though but I'll try to send in something not stupid.

If everybody who signs up sends somthing in we might be able to start tonight :D

• SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Signupthought there would be more activity for this one-hopefully my idea isn't terrible

PSN SeGaTai
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Mine's sent, hit me like a bolt of yuletide lightning!

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    Who is Psolms and why havent they posted yet?

• psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    Signing up is entirely optional and does nothing other than letting me (and others) that you'd like to play.