As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Je Veux Te [Chat]

• Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    I see [chat] is full of generally ignorant vigilantes under the laughably mistaken assumption that they are superheroes who would beat up all the bad guys

and 21st is an incredibly and painfully inarticulate proponent of pacifism

Pony, however, is a cop, so he can arrest homeless people and piss off Thanatos and he gets paid to do it.

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Tav wrote:
    only downloading at 6.5mb/s

what is this? The third world? Stupid laptop not wanting to take 5.0ghz wireless cards :(

Hehehe Ireland...

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote:
    Your little warzone line is such a fucking straw man.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=3880630#.Tuj3ZVbQfeA

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote:
    Man, [chat] has been kind of bullshit today.

don't worry I am back from lunch!

• Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    I didn't know anyone in Turbonegro was gay. I'm not familiar with them so it isn't that surprising, but I saw them play with Queens of the Stone Age and there was nothing in their music or performance to suggest that they weren't all straight rockers.

well it's a law of nature that if you're gay you have to be a total flamer, so

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote:
    spool32 wrote:
    21st, would it surprise you to know that I now feel the same about going somewhere with you, that you feel about going somewhere with an armed friend? It would seriously make me a bit nervous to go somewhere in public with you.

Geez, do you live in a warzone that you'd be nervous hanging around a guy willing to give his life to let you flee a dangerous situation?

No, dude. I live in a place where I'd feel obligated to help you, or other bystanders, and I now know that you will be utterly useless even when you are the one in danger. It'd be completely up to me no matter how screwed up the situation got. That's not a pleasant feeling at all.

I have never had to consider whether or not any of my companions would be willing to kill to protect me and other people around me from whatever bizarre rapist assailants you seem to be in constant fear of. Is Texas that big of a shit hole?

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Mim wrote:
    Actually, yeah, i'll leave instead. Maybe for a couple days, knowing Ludious 9who still made goddamn heatsink jokes for several days, ahyuck yuck, 21st can't mount a heatsink am i rite)

Just don't pay attention to him

Yeah, kinda wish i could. Kinda wish i didn't have insanely thin skin. kinda wish i could take the stress from just doing regular working day work, but i can't. I am sick, and I can't do anything about Ludious. All i can do is choose to not be in chat for a couple days until Ludious decides to jump on another silly thing to grate on me about.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    damn if the dude says drop it drop it
    Abdhyius wrote:
    Organichu wrote:
    Abdhyius wrote:
    spool32 wrote:
    spool32 wrote:
    21st, would it surprise you to know that I now feel the same about going somewhere with you, that you feel about going somewhere with an armed friend? It would seriously make me a bit nervous to go somewhere in public with you.

Geez, do you live in a warzone that you'd be nervous hanging around a guy willing to give his life to let you flee a dangerous situation?

No, dude. I live in a place where I'd feel obligated to help you, or other bystanders, and I now know that you will be utterly useless even when you are the one in danger. It'd be completely up to me no matter how screwed up the situation got. That's not a pleasant feeling at all.

Do you live in a warzone that every time you go outside, you're prepared to fight for your life?

America, man

this isn't an american thing

this is a poor people thing that i guess you wouldn't understand

are these "poor people" an american specialty or what?

no, they are a poor people specialty!

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    japan wrote:
    What the hell have I just stumbled across.

I have been reading over it and I have no fucking idea.

[chat] just went full on batshit as far as I can tell.

sig.gif
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Ludious I think it's time for one of your patented apologies.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    TehSloth wrote:
    I have never had to consider whether or not any of my companions would be willing to kill to protect me and other people around me from whatever bizarre rapist assailants you seem to be in constant fear of. Is Texas that big of a shit hole?

Only outside of the big cities.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    In other news I am increasingly concerned that I am just bad at modern videogames.

I can't work the combat in AssBro. The simple act of hitting blokes with implements of hurting is proving surprisingly difficult.

• Options
    Don't go anywhere 21st or I will track you down and shit.

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Ludious wrote:
    TL,DR wrote:
    Like, I don't pretend to be a tough guy or anything, but everything

everything, from laws to logic to base animal instinct, supports extreme action when faced with 'kill or be killed'. I'm just really curious how someone comes to not just predict that they might fail to act toward that end in such a situation, but to actually be a proponent of that behavior.

i mentioned that I would not be able to live with myself with the blood of another on my hands, right?

'Cause that'd be a pretty big deal for me. To end the life of someone. Everyone has loved ones and i kinda can't disregard that.

Pussy

fix'd to bring us full circle

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I didn't know anyone in Turbonegro was gay. I'm not familiar with them so it isn't that surprising, but I saw them play with Queens of the Stone Age and there was nothing in their music or performance to suggest that they weren't all straight rockers.

they're straight flamers, mostly

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Uhh just to be clear I totally missed the part where the intended victim was his sister. That still doesn't change my stance. And I've shut up.

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote:

Okay wait

What

You guys are all being extremely ridiculous about this whole thing

Not surprisingly, I feel pretty similar to 21st here, and the last time this was brought up, much of the same sorts of things were said to me

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    japan wrote:
    In other news I am increasingly concerned that I am just bad at modern videogames.

I can't work the combat in AssBro. The simple act of hitting blokes with implements of hurting is proving surprisingly difficult.

This isn't supposed to happen until you have a child though, and they utter those magical words, "Here dad, let me do it."

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ludious wrote:
    Uhh just to be clear I totally missed the part where the intended victim was his sister. That still doesn't change my stance. And I've shut up.

Not really relevant to you being a dick. Please don't be one again!

EDIT: Ah, cunt, I was sexist just now.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Sarksus wrote:

I don't feel like I can discuss this further without discussing a subject that is just going to further the problem, but no, that won't be happening.

• Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote:

they're straight flamers, mostly

even if this is a joke, it's true

I'm so tired of the whole "He's gay? But he doesn't look gay!"

I didn't realize every gay person got a special ring like it's a fucking varsity team

JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Mim wrote:
    Actually, yeah, i'll leave instead. Maybe for a couple days, knowing Ludious 9who still made goddamn heatsink jokes for several days, ahyuck yuck, 21st can't mount a heatsink am i rite)

Just don't pay attention to him

Yeah, kinda wish i could. Kinda wish i didn't have insanely thin skin. kinda wish i could take the stress from just doing regular working day work, but i can't. I am sick, and I can't do anything about Ludious. All i can do is choose to not be in chat for a couple days until Ludious decides to jump on another silly thing to grate on me about.

Man, well, hopefully some time this week we'll play Borderlands and we can skype and all that good stuff.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Arch wrote:
    spool32 wrote:

Okay wait

What

You guys are all being extremely ridiculous about this whole thing

Not surprisingly, I feel pretty similar to 21st here, and the last time this was brought up, much of the same sorts of things were said to me

It's totally reasonable. That's why I don't go anywhere with my mom. Unless she's willing to go Charles Bronson on a mugger, she can sit at home and knit.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    I am always really interested in how bent out of shape people get when someone mentions they are a pacifist

Its like the anti vegetarian response blown over a thousandfold

Or maybe just people in [chat] and on the internet

• Options
    Also Mim, I have to cut it because I'd have to wash it while I was down there and that's not practical

• Options
    tumblr_lsv50rave81r46t4lo1_500.jpg

• Options
    Assbro had one glaring flaw:

not letting me go apeshit combo crazy on a throng of enemies all the time

I wanted more enemies! everywhere! all the time!

hundreds! Keep 'em coming!

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I don't know, if someone was threatening me with a knife or a gun he better hope he kills me because I'll straight up maim you with my bare hands. I'm talking about ripping chunks of flesh out with my hands, gouging eyes, biting. I'd be a fucking animal on someone's ass.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Sarksus wrote:
    Also Mim, I have to cut it because I'd have to wash it while I was down there and that's not practical

It's like you dropped the H-bomb on my heart.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Sarksus wrote:

What kind of a rock star washes his hair?

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Ludious wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:

I don't feel like I can discuss this further without discussing a subject that is just going to further the problem, but no, that won't be happening.

Just load up the doc file and copy paste!

• Options
    tumblr_lstcbvh8XX1r46t4lo1_500.jpg

• Options
    Arch wrote:
    I am always really interested in how bent out of shape people get when someone mentions they are a pacifist

Its like the anti vegetarian response blown over a thousandfold

Or maybe just people in [chat] and on the internet

I think it the last thing!

It is the only place where you can be a fuckmuppet purely because you don't agree with their - honestly, not that crazy wrong - views.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    bowen wrote:
    I don't know, if someone was threatening me with a knife or a gun he better hope he kills me because I'll straight up maim you with my bare hands. I'm talking about ripping chunks of flesh out with my hands, gouging eyes, biting. I'd be a fucking animal on someone's ass.

Don't bite! Then there's that exchange of fluids and what not.

I mean, bite if it's all you have, but go for the ripping first.

• Options
    I really wish my professors would have uploaded the study guides and slides for their class as word documents and powerpoint documents, respectively, instead of pdf files

• Options
    bowen wrote:

This ain't the Walking Dead, Marle

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    TehSloth wrote:
    spool32 wrote:
    spool32 wrote:

Lucky you! We had this happen a couple decades ago:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luby's_massacre

Bad shit happens to people everywhere, all the time. Drunk frat guys, somebody's sports team lost, mistaken identity, robbery, rape, random violence. It's a thing all over the world. Good for you that you live and hang out somewhere that safe, though. Treasure it!

• Options
    Feral wrote:
    tumblr_lstcbvh8XX1r46t4lo1_500.jpg

That movie was so weak >:|

• Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    I'm not a pacifist

I would absolutely hurt or kill somebody to protect myself or someone I cared about

However, I'm also not an idiot and I recognize that in most (but not all) circumstances, the best way to not be hurt or killed is to avoid conflict when possible, defuse it when capable, and only fight as a last resort.

I do see plenty of dick-waving about how "I'm such a tough fucker I'd kill anyone who ever did me wrong"

if somebody, let's say, hurt my family

I'd probably let the police handle it

because I know "The Punisher" is a comic book not a documentary

and I don't feel the need to pretend that I'm Batman on the internet.

Two goats enter, one car leaves
This discussion has been closed.