As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Je Veux Te [Chat]

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    college is for babby

college is for maek babby

PSN: Honkalot
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote:
    i have like at least two years of university left :(

i dunno, learning how to get the perfect foam head on a beverage is almost scholastic training

well i already give perfect head in one sense

ba dum psh

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    AC Revelations basically turned ezio into a god

I mean yeah the combat was always easy, but with large radius explosives, a gun, throwing knives, the crossbow, and three different counter attacks, it is so hard to lose a fight.

Like yesterday I wanted to kill a witness in a plaza while I was on the roof but I don't have the xbow yet. So I threw a grenade about eighty feet and killed him and his whole entourage. Somehow this made the templars LESS aware of my presence.

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    hmm I need to get some running shoes

puma is having a sale

but I am leery of ordering them without trying them on

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod

puma is having a sale

yeah try them shits on first

go to a running store, i'm sure austin has one

a dude will help you

• PonyPony Registered User regular
    Thanatos wrote:
    I think the only XMas card I ever get is from SiG. Other than her, I don't think I know anyone under 40 who does them. Though, she did send me a puppy card last year, so I appreciate that.

Also, congrats @Pony! You have a job lined up yet?

well here's the tricky part

the local cops aren't hiring. our mayor is a dipshit and has dramatically slashed the police budget for the next year so there will be no new hires and in fact some guys will be laid off

there's provincial and federal agencies i've been applying for with the past week

and going forward that's what I'm going to be targeting

I could take a job working private security like

tomorrow

if I so chose

but those jobs suck and the pay is shit.

so I will only do them if by January I have no irons in the fire of any kind.

Organichu wrote:

puma is having a sale

a dude will help you

well if I go to a store then I will feel the need to buy locally :l

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    job is also for babby

you have job

are you babby

I guess you just don't seem like the kind of person who would get a post secondary education, pony.

Burrrrrrrn

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Mim, I am also going to point out I work in a limited area where a masters is basically an entry requirement on top of a couple years experience, especially in the field. But this is something I have heard from more than just my area. Right now, you need a couple years experience to get anywhere because there are so many out there with that experience looking for those entry level jobs that use to not require any experience.

And expect it to get worse if the EU implodes.

If you don't mind traveling to some tough areas, I know the UN Volunteer program is always looking for folks. It is paid, though they call it volunteer. And they always need Spanish speakers if you speak Spanish. Also Portuguese, French, and Arabic(Modern Standard will work) are in huge demand in a lot of places.

u7stthr17eud.png
    I'm signed up with a post-grad internship program but it's not specific to my field

which means it has a ton of jobs that I am not qualified for and shit

and currently nothing in my field at all

so that's likely to be a bust

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    So Edmunds did a 100 worst car list. It has the 79 Datsun 280ZX on it. I'm not sure Edmunds knows what the word worst means.

I guess you just don't seem like the kind of person who would get a post secondary education, pony.

Burrrrrrrn

you know there's people I know who have said more or less exactly this and I don't think it even occurs to them that it could be insulting

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Organichu wrote:

puma is having a sale

a dude will help you

well if I go to a store then I will feel the need to buy locally :l

i mean, you should buy locally

if you can try them on in person and then be sure you find the exact model online in an identical size then ok

but it seems worth paying an extra 10 or 20 bucks to get something that will make your shit not be fucking itself in the face around your foot area for the next year or two?

• MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote:
    Mim, I am also going to point out I work in a limited area where a masters is basically an entry requirement on top of a couple years experience, especially in the field. But this is something I have heard from more than just my area. Right now, you need a couple years experience to get anywhere because there are so many out there with that experience looking for those entry level jobs that use to not require any experience.

If you don't mind traveling to some tough areas, I know the UN Volunteer program is always looking for folks. It is paid, though they call it volunteer. And they always need Spanish speakers if you speak Spanish. Also Portuguese, French, and Arabic(Modern Standard will work) are in huge demand in a lot of places.

...I just want to work with comics o_o

job is also for babby

you have job

are you babby

yes :(

Pony wrote:

Burrrrrrrn

you know there's people I know who have said more or less exactly this and I don't think it even occurs to them that it could be insulting

Maybe you need to unpop that collar.

Pony, not to be rude but I have a lot of memories of you railing against post-secondary education over and over again so I can see where people would get that idea.

Though you really did a very specific certification more than a standard post secondary program that people think about.

u7stthr17eud.png
    Mim wrote:
    Mazzyx wrote:

Well, comic stores always need cute girls to sell comics to comic nerds.

You just need to deal with comic nerds.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Pony: Keep in mind I am not trying to be insulting here but, the general tone and message of your posts that I've read had led me to conclude that your not the type of person that valued post secondary education, so, yeah, personally surprised to hear that you are getting a diploma and graduating and all that (which is awesome by the way, good shit). Also, for whatever reason, I didn't think one went to college to be a cop. I thought you went to like... cop school... or something.

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Mazzyx wrote:
    Pony, not to be rude but I have a lot of memories of you railing against post-secondary education over and over again so I can see where people would get that idea.

Though you really did a very specific certification more than a standard post secondary program that people think about.

all of my railing has been against ivory tower egg-headery, or as Tycho recently put it, "intellectualism for intellect's sake"

but yeah my education is much closer to like

trade school

than a bachelor's degree

i don't even qualify for some of the higher ends of law enforcement (for example, I do not qualify to be a mountie)

Mazzyx wrote:
    Mim wrote:
    Mazzyx wrote:

Well, comic stores always need cute girls to sell comics to comic nerds.

You just need to deal with comic nerds.

I'm mostly interested in the behind the scenes stuff at the publishers places. I'm going to be applying to internships at those places, big or indie.

but working in a comic shop right now would be divine.

Elki wrote:

I love chocolate, and I love espresso. AND I LOVE CAKE.

Gonna be so fat.

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote:
    So Edmunds did a 100 worst car list. It has the 79 Datsun 280ZX on it. I'm not sure Edmunds knows what the word worst means.

Does it have the Pontiac Aztec? That's how you can be sure the list is real.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    : |

I fought the first Dragon in Skyrim... I was robbed of my moment of glory by the NPCs who killed the dragon while I ran around in circles, waiting for my magicka to get up so i could cast a spell i didn't need.

i mean, sure, i still got the shouting thing, but I didn't feel on top of things at all, i felt like a bystander.

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    I want to be a fucking Mountie

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

I fought the first Dragon in Skyrim... I was robbed of my moment of glory by the NPCs who killed the dragon while I ran around in circles, waiting for my magicka to get up so i could cast a spell i didn't need.

i mean, sure, i still got the shouting thing, but I didn't feel on top of things at all, i felt like a bystander.

It's okay... it was your first one. There will be others.

Inquisitor wrote:
    Pony: Keep in mind I am not trying to be insulting here but, the general tone and message of your posts that I've read had led me to conclude that your not the type of person that valued post secondary education, so, yeah, personally surprised to hear that you are getting a diploma and graduating and all that (which is awesome by the way, good shit). Also, for whatever reason, I didn't think one went to college to be a cop. I thought you went to like... cop school... or something.

it depends

in some parts of the US and Canada, for example, you can enter police academies or training courses done by police forces themselves with nothing more than a high school education.

however, most law enforcement agencies in Canada at least nowadays will not even consider someone without a relevant college education. Law Enforcement Foundations (which is what my diploma is) is basically the precursor education required now for most government agencies at the very least.

and even then it generally puts me as inferior to someone with a degree in criminology and the like. i can't just waltz into an inspector position, nor can i take a specialized role like forensics. what my diploma qualifies me to do is enter the police force or other government law enforcement at the entry level, as a basic constable or its equivalent.

If I wanted to be a cop in some podunk region with low standards (like Durham) a high school education and basic intelligence not to shoot yourself in the face is sufficient

but I'd rather not do that

• japanjapan Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote:

Depends on the climate. They're pretty rare in the UK because they're basically water-soluble.

Chanus wrote:
    Thomamelas wrote:

this is a really ugly car BUT

the center console arm rest thing between the front seats

IS A BUILT IN COOLER

and you can take it out of the car to the beach or whatever

that is some cool shit

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    There's little more than usual wrong with the EU, it's the Eurozone you mean.

Sweden is in the EU and we are pretty busy right now just counting all our money and laughing at lazy Mediterraneans.

PSN: Honkalot

it's okay people make a big deal about the first time but it's usually not as amazing as you thought it was gonna be and it sometimes falls to another person to finish

Pony wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:

it depends

in some parts of the US and Canada, for example, you can enter police academies or training courses done by police forces themselves with nothing more than a high school education.

however, most law enforcement agencies in Canada at least nowadays will not even consider someone without a relevant college education. Law Enforcement Foundations (which is what my diploma is) is basically the precursor education required now for most government agencies at the very least.

and even then it generally puts me as inferior to someone with a degree in criminology and the like. i can't just waltz into an inspector position, nor can i take a specialized role like forensics. what my diploma qualifies me to do is enter the police force or other government law enforcement at the entry level, as a basic constable or its equivalent.

If I wanted to be a cop in some podunk region with low standards (like Durham) a high school education and basic intelligence not to shoot yourself in the face is sufficient

but I'd rather not do that

Yeah, I can see why you'd rather not do that. Interesting stuff. What kind of position are you aiming for? Or are you just going to shotgun out applications and see what you get?

I swear the gun puns were not intentional.

Chanus wrote:
    Thomamelas wrote:

this is a really ugly car BUT

the center console arm rest thing between the front seats

IS A BUILT IN COOLER

and you can take it out of the car to the beach or whatever

that is some cool shit

Why they gotta hide something cool in something so stupid?

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Pony wrote:

it's okay people make a big deal about the first time but it's usually not as amazing as you thought it was gonna be and it sometimes falls to another person to finish

So what you're saying is i should go back to practice a bit on my own and next time will be better?

Sarksus wrote:

You're not friendly enough to be a Mountie.

edited December 2011
    Pony wrote:

So what you're saying is i should go back to practice a bit on my own and next time will be better?

I would suggest not tying yourself down. Just go fight all the dragons you can until you find that special one.

Just, you know, bring protection.

Like, Magicka and Healing potions...

Chanus on
    Mim wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:

You're not friendly enough to be a Mountie.

dis

sad but true

edited December 2011
    I mean, this first time, I kinda shot my load and then remembered i needed protection. so it was a bit tricky to get it on and by the time it was on, it was almost over. Next time around I'll have the protection handy first and THEN shoot my magic mojo all over.

21stCentury on
This discussion has been closed.