As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Je Veux Te [Chat]

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Mim wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:
    I want to be a fucking Mountie

You're not friendly enough to be a Mountie.

Yes I am. I AM SO FUCKING NICE

• ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    : |

I fought the first Dragon in Skyrim... I was robbed of my moment of glory by the NPCs who killed the dragon while I ran around in circles, waiting for my magicka to get up so i could cast a spell i didn't need.

i mean, sure, i still got the shouting thing, but I didn't feel on top of things at all, i felt like a bystander.

Your first time is never what you imagined it to be

JKKaAGp.png
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Nice as a moose.

That's what I always say about Sarks.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    God, the telecommunications situation in the United States is shit. Pure shit.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Your first time is never what you imagined it to be

Hahaha oh god is that true.

• ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Am I the only one not concerned that local bookstores are going the way of video rental stores?

Feral wrote:

Also a few other things.

• dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    Thanatos wrote:
    Am I the only one not concerned that local bookstores are going the way of video rental stores?

i dont care either
    but then again i can't read

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Absolute mind-boggling shit.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Feral wrote:
    I don't know what your problem is, Feral.

Thanks to the free market, if I want internet at my apartment, I can choose between Comcast, or... Comcast.

It's amazing!

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Thanatos wrote: »

probably not

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Thanatos wrote:

NPR did a story about a backlash where local book shops are starting to make a comeback.

So, maybe.

But, also, the book is going the way of the reel-to-reel projector as well.

Thanatos wrote:

Do you mean chains or independent stores?

• MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote:
    Nice as a moose that's drunk and stuck thrashing about in a tree.

That's what I always say about Sarks.

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Sarksus wrote:
    Feral wrote:

Also a few other things.

No. Nothing else.

Your values and free markets are the envy of the world.

PSN: Honkalot
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    japan wrote:
    Thomamelas wrote:
    So Edmunds did a 100 worst car list. It has the 79 Datsun 280ZX on it. I'm not sure Edmunds knows what the word worst means.

Depends on the climate. They're pretty rare in the UK because they're basically water-soluble.

Their argument is that it's awful because it wasn't the Z.

• PonyPony Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Pony wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Pony: Keep in mind I am not trying to be insulting here but, the general tone and message of your posts that I've read had led me to conclude that your not the type of person that valued post secondary education, so, yeah, personally surprised to hear that you are getting a diploma and graduating and all that (which is awesome by the way, good shit). Also, for whatever reason, I didn't think one went to college to be a cop. I thought you went to like... cop school... or something.

it depends

in some parts of the US and Canada, for example, you can enter police academies or training courses done by police forces themselves with nothing more than a high school education.

however, most law enforcement agencies in Canada at least nowadays will not even consider someone without a relevant college education. Law Enforcement Foundations (which is what my diploma is) is basically the precursor education required now for most government agencies at the very least.

and even then it generally puts me as inferior to someone with a degree in criminology and the like. i can't just waltz into an inspector position, nor can i take a specialized role like forensics. what my diploma qualifies me to do is enter the police force or other government law enforcement at the entry level, as a basic constable or its equivalent.

If I wanted to be a cop in some podunk region with low standards (like Durham) a high school education and basic intelligence not to shoot yourself in the face is sufficient

but I'd rather not do that

Yeah, I can see why you'd rather not do that. Interesting stuff. What kind of position are you aiming for? Or are you just going to shotgun out applications and see what you get?

I swear the gun puns were not intentional.

Ideally, I don't actually want a police services position. I'm not really looking to be a municipal police officer. What I really want is one of the numerous provincial and federal peace officer positions that are considered cops in all legal respects but don't engage in municipal police work.

Things like the CBSA (customs), Environment Canada, Court Services, CSIS or CSEC (intelligence agencies), or the Nuclear Response Force are all areas I'm looking at. Those are federal or provincial agencies who all have their own law enforcement officers, who in most cases are armed positions despite being fairly low-risk (The NRF in particular is craaaazy armed)

So that's what I'm working through right now, firing off applications and the like to the myriad of federal and provincial agencies that have peace officer or security positions.

Thanatos wrote:

I mean, I'll be sad because I like to be able to pick a book up off of a shelf and skim it at my leisure before I decide to buy it or not, and I enjoy reading at their coffee lounge areas from time to time.

But, it's not the end of the world or something.

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Mim wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:

dis

sad but true

Mounties are having some crazy issues with harassment in the ranks and such if I remember right.

u7stthr17eud.png
    Thanatos wrote:
    Feral wrote:

Thanks to the free market, if I want internet at my apartment, I can choose between Comcast, or... Comcast.

It's amazing!

inorite!?

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Huh, Demigod and Earth Defense Force are on Steam now...

Are they good games?

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Migraines are worse than hitler.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Feral wrote:
    Thanatos wrote:
    Feral wrote:

It's amazing!

inorite!?
    because I'm in a college town and college kids don't know how to yell at businesses, our internet is something like 200% marked up compared to the next county over,
    yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Are they good games?

I've never heard of either, so I will say, 'no'.

Mazzyx wrote:
    Mim wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:

dis

sad but true

Mounties are having some crazy issues with harassment in the ranks and such if I remember right.

PERFECT

I mean, that's terrible.

• dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote:
    Mim wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:

dis

sad but true

those horses are such dicks

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
    edited December 2011
    Pony: Nuclear Response Force? I have to imagine (and hope) that's not a team that gets called on too often, but when they do, oh fuck, shit is hitting the fan. Peace officer positions sound way better than the standard police officer job, good call man.

Inquisitor on
    EDF is camp gold. Well the first one was. On the console. Had no idea it was ported.

Are they good games?

I played Demigod. It is unfortunately a poor man's DotA clone.

• ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular

Are they good games?

which EDF

JKKaAGp.png
    We have an infuriating ability to hire people here who are really nice and mean well, but just aren't that bright.

I waste more time listening to their inane explanations for simple problems... just... ugh.

Luckily all I do with time Warner cable is give them some money and then they give me fast mostly reliable Internet.

Chanus wrote:
    We have an infuriating ability to hire people here who are really nice and mean well, but just aren't that bright.

I waste more time listening to their inane explanations for simple problems... just... ugh.

HOW DRINK JUICE BOX

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i saw we were talking about losing our virginities

then i noticed it was skyrim talk

i wilted

• japanjapan Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote:
    japan wrote:
    Thomamelas wrote:
    So Edmunds did a 100 worst car list. It has the 79 Datsun 280ZX on it. I'm not sure Edmunds knows what the word worst means.

Depends on the climate. They're pretty rare in the UK because they're basically water-soluble.

Their argument is that it's awful because it wasn't the Z.

I think that's just the eighties model syndrome, though.

Nobody thinks the model of any range that was produced in the eighties was as good as the preceding model.

• Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    I need to learn linear algebra so I understand complex matrices. Ughhh.

• MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote:
    i saw we were talking about losing our virginities

then i noticed it was skyrim talk

i wilted

Oh man, I was like "Wait, what? I missed it!" and then I saw it and rolled my eyes.

Oh.

I was talking about actually losing my virginity.

I've never played Skyrim.

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Algebra is the best. Matrices are not.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    so doggs the other day my father in law said that he'd sell us an 06 mustang gt for a really good price

we're going to drive it in a week or so when we are in IA for xmas

and maybe that will be my babby-mobile

This discussion has been closed.