As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Je Veux Te [Chat]

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Welp, the first leg of my new rail system is active.

So many places to go......

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Sarksus wrote:
    Chanus wrote:
    We have an infuriating ability to hire people here who are really nice and mean well, but just aren't that bright.

I waste more time listening to their inane explanations for simple problems... just... ugh.

HOW DRINK JUICE BOX

I literally just had a conversation where they guy said, "I had the ticket in my hand and then it just wasn't there".

I am supposed to solve this mystery.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Pony: Nuclear Response Force? I have to imagine (and hope) that's not a team that gets called on too often, but when they do, oh fuck, shit is hitting the fan. Peace officer positions sound way better than the standard police officer job, good call man.

basically. the NRF are the armed tactical response division of the province's Nuclear Security Officers. they don't get to do a whole lot since, you know, nuclear security isn't a huge problem in this country

but if they did have to do something it'd be a big fucking deal

most often in terms of actual danger or work they're sometimes part of INSETs, which are temporary anti-terrorism task-forces, given that the NRF are pretty well-trained anti-terrorism guys

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Mim wrote:
    Organichu wrote:
    i saw we were talking about losing our virginities

then i noticed it was skyrim talk

i wilted

Oh man, I was like "Wait, what? I missed it!" and then I saw it and rolled my eyes.

Judging.

• Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    Sitting about, reading comics. Life is better than it was an hour or so ago as long as I don't move and aggravate one of the areas with additional amounts of pain.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote:
    I want to be a fucking Mountie

what about a mounter?

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Matrices are the single best thing in math. They are like one of the two concepts over multiplication that I understand.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Oh.

I was talking about actually losing my virginity.

I've never played Skyrim.

Wait, let me get in my Justice League pjs, grab some hot cocoa and then you can tell us the story.

annnnnnnnnnd done.

Story time! 8->

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    I see, so the NRF are a pretty elite task force than Pony. I'm not going to lie man, there is a part of me that is super jealous of you getting on something like the NRF. I mean, it's all very immature and juvenile on my part but on some level I've still got that boyhood love of the military and guns and swat teams and special forces and whatnot.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Sarksus wrote:
    Mim wrote:
    Organichu wrote:
    i saw we were talking about losing our virginities

then i noticed it was skyrim talk

i wilted

Oh man, I was like "Wait, what? I missed it!" and then I saw it and rolled my eyes.

Judging.

I'm going to fling food at you during this dinner.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Thanatos wrote:
    Feral wrote:
    God, the telecommunications situation in the United States is shit. Pure shit.
    I don't know what your problem is, Feral.

Thanks to the free market, if I want internet at my apartment, I can choose between Comcast, or... Comcast.

It's amazing!

That's because you live in a shitty area of the country. I can choose between AT&T, Verizon, Time Warner, SuddenLink, or if I wanted to be dumb, HughesNet.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    I somehow made it through grade school, honors math, and both semesters of university calculus and never once encountered a matrix.

• Options
    Mim wrote:
    Wait, let me get in my Justice League pjs, grab some hot cocoa and then you can tell us the story.

annnnnnnnnnd done.

Story time! 8->

One does not, or at least, I did not, expect to lose my virginity at work, in a bathroom, on a disabled persons table with my supervisor who was also my brother's ex.

One does not expect these things, no sir.

• Options
    spool32 wrote:
    Thanatos wrote:
    Feral wrote:

Thanks to the free market, if I want internet at my apartment, I can choose between Comcast, or... Comcast.

It's amazing!

That's because you live in a shitty area of the country. I can choose between AT&T, Verizon, Time Warner, SuddenLink, or if I wanted to be dumb, HughesNet.

I prefer to think HughesNet is just run out of the garage of some guy named Hugh.

• Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    I've decided that whatever line of work I choose, it has to be something that feels important every time I'm doing it. EMT and fire fighter both work well, I was also thinking SWAT at one point but...eh.

JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    Chanus wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:
    Chanus wrote:
    We have an infuriating ability to hire people here who are really nice and mean well, but just aren't that bright.

I waste more time listening to their inane explanations for simple problems... just... ugh.

HOW DRINK JUICE BOX

I literally just had a conversation where they guy said, "I had the ticket in my hand and then it just wasn't there".

I used to have this ticket in my hand, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote:
    Thanatos wrote:
    Am I the only one not concerned that local bookstores are going the way of video rental stores?
    Do you mean chains or independent stores?
    Yes.
    Chanus wrote:
    NPR did a story about a backlash where local book shops are starting to make a comeback.

So, maybe.

But, also, the book is going the way of the reel-to-reel projector as well.
    Yeah, honestly, I'm probably going to be one of the last people who actually knows how to use one of those.

Bookstores are going to have to evolve or die. And I mean, a lot of them are doing that, turning into cafes or whatever, but really, books just aren't going to be around all that much longer. It's going to be interesting to see what replaces book stores and video rental stores, commercially speaking; like, is that just going to drive down the cost of commercial real estate?

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Quitting caffeine headache kicking in. Just a tiny one.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Chanus wrote:
    spool32 wrote:
    Thanatos wrote:
    Feral wrote:

It's amazing!

I prefer to think HughesNet is just run out of the garage of some guy named Hugh.

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what's happening. He hacked a russian satellite, and nobody's noticed yet.

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    I was thinking I'd like to be a fire fighter but I hate being hot

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod

ice fighter?

• Options
    Why is everyone quitting caffeine!

Who will I talk to about coffee? WHO?!

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote:
    Pony, not to be rude but I have a lot of memories of you railing against post-secondary education over and over again so I can see where people would get that idea.

Though you really did a very specific certification more than a real college.

Translated for more realness

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    Organichu wrote:

ice fighter?

At least they won't care about your tattoos.

• Options
    is ice fighter a job

like oh no this frost is slowly encroaching I hope someone rescues me with some warm soup and a blanket!

• Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    For work I liaise p. frequently with a cop who spent like five years as part of the Civil Nuclear Constabulary.

Apparently it's boring as all hell, and has a tendency to attract the kind of cops who just want to look badass holding a gun.

• Options
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Mim wrote:

annnnnnnnnnd done.

Story time! 8->

One does not, or at least, I did not, expect to lose my virginity at work, in a bathroom, on a disabled persons table with my supervisor who was also my brother's ex.

One does not expect these things, no sir.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.

Well, I didn't expect to lose mine on an air mattress after downing two smirnoff coolers in a 5 minute time span and then going "OKAY. LET'S DO THIS"

• Options
    haha chu yessss we are twinsies

• Options
    Sex on an air mattress sounds like a recipe for some hilarious times. :D

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Feral wrote:
    Thanatos wrote:
    Feral wrote:

It's amazing!
    inorite!?
    because I'm in a college town and college kids don't know how to yell at businesses, our internet is something like 200% marked up compared to the next county over,
    yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
    You realize that you probably use 10,000% of the internet that they do, too, right?

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    japan wrote:
    Thomamelas wrote:
    japan wrote:
    Thomamelas wrote:
    So Edmunds did a 100 worst car list. It has the 79 Datsun 280ZX on it. I'm not sure Edmunds knows what the word worst means.

Depends on the climate. They're pretty rare in the UK because they're basically water-soluble.

Their argument is that it's awful because it wasn't the Z.

I think that's just the eighties model syndrome, though.

Nobody thinks the model of any range that was produced in the eighties was as good as the preceding model.

The 80's were kind of a dark time for cars. But putting the 280ZX on that list is wrong. Just wrong. And there are some models from that era I like. Some of the K-Car variants like the Daytona are cars I love. And I will always have a soft spot for the Sundance since it was my first car. It was a coupe! It was a hatchback! It was cherry red!

• Options
    is ice fighter a job

like oh no this frost is slowly encroaching I hope someone rescues me with some warm soup and a blanket!

You can be one of those dogs with a barrel of alcohol.

• Options
    spool32 wrote:
    Chanus wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:
    Chanus wrote:

HOW DRINK JUICE BOX

I used to have this ticket in my hand, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

So, being the generous fellow I am, I look up the part that was on the ticket... looks like it wasn't available from Vendor1, so we ordered it from Vendor2 as well, as a backup.

Me: "Did the ticket go with the stuff from Vendor2?"

Him: "Well, we did sell one from them, yeah. But I had it with my Vendor1 stuff and then it wasn't there"

Me: "So, we only have the one sale, and you did sell one out of the Vendor2 stuff with a ticket?"

Him: "Yes, but..."

Me: "I DUNNO IT'S A MYSTERY"

• Options
    I wold not tell my virginity loss story. It is so embarrassing, I can just throw this out to [chat] and anything you come up with will either be less embarrassing, or so comical it's worth painting a target on my back.

• Options
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Sex on an air mattress sounds like a recipe for some hilarious times. :D

It deflated but not during the act, thankfully.

Also, it's very easy to roll off one of those suckers.

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Idiot at my work is transferring to another job in two weeks. She's not only not doing her job, multiple times a day for the last 3 weeks she's had to declare "I'm done, I don't want to deal with it." and basically refused to do work. She was openly sleeping 10 minutes ago. She spends more time talking about her ghetto-ass friends and the guys she is dating. She wasn't even a bad worker (if not particularly good) before. She apparently doesn't have any idea that this might piss the rest of us off, or that she's burning her bridges behind her.

ed
    I mean just shut up and don't do you job if you don't want to. Calling attention to it is just pissing people off

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    Inquisitor wrote:

I'll quit calling people pussies before i quit caffeine.

• Options
    spool32 wrote:
    I wold not tell my virginity loss story. It is so embarrassing, I can just throw this out to [chat] and anything you come up with will either be less embarrassing, or so comical it's worth painting a target on my back.

Don't be a story tease!

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    my strongest memory of losing my virginity like 7 years ago is the brevity of the thing

i think i got all the way inside but i don't really remember

• Options
    Chanus wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:

I'll quit calling people pussies before i quit caffeine.

Yaaaaay!

Mim: Hah I wasn't even thinking of deflating, I was mostly thinking of falling off or falling over.

This discussion has been closed.