As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MOTW 12/14/2011 - Lock and Load, Alfred.

UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
edited December 2011 in Graphic Violence
From Batman and Robin #4, Alfred to the Rescue!
Moey3.jpg
HRFK4.jpg

From Green Lantern #4, I love Buddy Cops Sinestro and Hal.
OFIPX.jpg
u8ldL.jpg

From Ultimate Comics X-Men #4, Kitty gets told.
3oS8q.jpg
tgyGO.jpg

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
UltimateInferno on

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Gleason destroyed B&R#4, that was one of his best drawn issues since Guy Gardner went red lantern during blackest night. I love that ring scene in GL #4, just need to photoshop puppies and rainbows and it would be perfect.

Uncanny X-Force #18 delivers a solid ending to the arc, as Betsy Apoc-blocks Warren:
    xforceuncanny18a.jpg

xforceuncanny18b.jpg

Warren doesn't die but he gets all the evil taken out of him, so he's back to being a regular Angel again, with one big change....

xforceuncanny18c.jpg

Frankenstein #4, the art looks cluttered at first glance, but when you read the story it all makes sense and is rather nice, big monster go boom.

frankenstein4a.jpg

frankenstein4b.jpg

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Uncanny X-Force #18 was so fucking good

The whole thing from start to finish blew my mind

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    okay

that x-force ending makes me happy

• Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    The montage of Betsy helping Warren through his passage to "death" actually brought a tear to my eye. Rick Remender should get all of the rewards that one can have.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The best bit was where it was revealed that Fantomex had En-Sabah-Nur being raised in a simulation inside a gestation tank

The simulation? A farm in Kansas where he had been adopted by a kindly old couple.

When he is released, the first thing he does is attack Archangel. "I don't know what you are talking about, but it sounds evil! And I'm a Hero and I will stop you!"

It is just so fantastic. Rick Remender is a fucking genius.

Solar on
  • Options
    Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    Fontomex is such a fucking boss, I love X-Force so much. It's fast becoming my favorite book at the moment.

Also, picked up Carnage U.S.A. as well, it was pretty okay but the ending made me excited to see what happens next.
    Toxin suckahs!

If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Solar wrote:
    The best bit was where it was revealed that Fantomex had En-Sabah-Nur being raised in a simulation inside a gestation tank

The simulation? A farm in Kansas where he had been adopted by a kindly old couple.

When he is released, the first thing he does is attack Archangel. "I don't know what you are talking about, but it sounds evil! And I'm a Hero and I will stop you!"

That sounds incredible enough to drop a few bucks on. Go collect your Marvel check Solar, you done sold me good.

• Options
    Also, picked up Carnage U.S.A. as well, it was pretty okay but the ending made me excited to see what happens next.
    Toxin suckahs!

yessssssssss

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Reading thru my middle stack, since no locke and key on time, so I wanted to keep it and a few others that were gonna be first/last reads separate.

So my current shout out, is Ghost Rider, it's becoming so much fun.
    Bowie References, Hawkeye/Blaze banter, Arrow/fire jokes
    someone who's scanner doesn't hate them should post some stuff, if anyone besides me still following it anyway heh

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Antimatter wrote:
    Toxin suckahs!

yessssssssss

To be fair, he was only on a list of five contingencies to Carnage.
    Venom- AWOL
    Toxin- [listed alias]
    Hybrid- HACKED
    Scorn- IN TRAINING
    Anti-Venom- INACTIVE

*So by process of deduction

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • Options
    Solar wrote:

That sounds incredible enough to drop a few bucks on. Go collect your Marvel check Solar, you done sold me good.

Oh man buy it. Buy the whole series. It's excellent from start to finish, you will not regret it.

This issue finishes with one of those panels that is just, like, okay this is why we read comic books.

• Options
    Antimatter wrote:
    Toxin suckahs!

yessssssssss

To be fair, he was only on a list of five contingencies to Carnage.
    Venom- AWOL
    Toxin- [listed alias]
    Hybrid- HACKED
    Scorn- IN TRAINING
    Anti-Venom- INACTIVE

*So by process of deduction
    whoa whoa
    Venom is AWOL? and who's Scorn? and what's going on with Hybrid?

• Options
    Anti, in Venom #10:
    Flash went AWOL because Project Rebirth was shut down by Captain Jerkmerica

• Options
    TexiKen wrote:
    Anti, in Venom #10:

OH SHIT

• Options
    Antimatter wrote:
    TexiKen wrote:
    Anti, in Venom #10:

OH SHIT
    Yeah so Venom beat up Cap, stole his bike and escaped so he can go and kill the motherfuckers who are threatening to murder Betty.

Given Remender's recent quality of work I am pretty sure this arc is going to be amazingly good.

• Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    Venom and Uncanny X-Force by far my two favorite books, Remender is kicking so much ass.

• Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    The few books I bought this week, Avengers Academy, Demon Knights, and Batman: Brave and the Bold, were all kind of letdowns.

But, I did snag Criminal Vol. 4, Blue Monday, and Black Heart Billy, for around seven bucks a piece. I also bought a near-complete run of Christopher Priest's The Ray for twelve cents an issue, and Doom 2099 1-13 for five bucks.

So, that was cool.

• Options
    The Ray #11 is the best issue.

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    I knew I should have picked up the Venom series from #1.

Trade waiting. I gotta. X-force I'll see about picking up in singles but Venom, I'm sorry, I love you, but I gotta wait.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I told you guys Remender was awesome like 5 years ago, when he was writing Fear Agent.

• Options
    yeah, i found four trades of fear agent at my local library, it was quite good.

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Demon Knights was alright, I wasn't quite sure what to make of Carnage USA, but the ending looked like it was gonna be a boss setup
    Multi-Symbiote Free for all all up ins!

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    MastaPMastaP Registered User regular
    My favorite book this week was Shade. This one really felt like what I had expected a Shade mini to be when I finished reading Starman 6 years ago. Characters are introduced left and right as if they are old DC mainstays despite being brand new, the solution to the problem requires Shade to be both clever and humble, and Shade himself is moving forward on the same path he started at the end of Starman. It was definitely the best issue of the three so far. And of course Hamner's killing it on art.