As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Expendables 2] Remember My Shirt At Christmas

HeisenbergHeisenberg Registered User regular
edited January 2012 in Social Entropy++
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9z9oYjAg6s

Norris
Van Damme
Willis
Schwarzenegger

and

...Liam Hemsworth

GET HYPED

Heisenberg on

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Yes

This is what I want

• Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    SO HYPED

FOREVER HYPED

WHY DIDN'T I MAKE THIS THREAD FIRST

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    RinderRinder Registered User regular
    It's been too long since I've seen Arnold fire a gun.

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    YES

YES

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Is this expendables 2?

(phone posting)

Blake T on
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Blake T wrote:
    Is thus expendables 2?

(phone posting)

no, it's alien versus predator versus terminator versus robocop

Antimatter on
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Well then, this summer is going to be fun.

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    8->

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    CandlemassCandlemass Registered User regular
    Sure hope this isn't a letdown like the original.

The perfect sequel would follow this formula: More action + less talk + more Crews + more Willis + more Arnold = success.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Registered User regular
    I can't imagine a film with Arnold, Willis, Van Damme, Norris, Crews, and Stallone being dissapointing. Like there's just no way.

Between this, DKR, and The Avengers... going to be the best summer in a long time.

• Options
    The_TuninatorThe_Tuninator Registered User regular
    Schwarzenegger in an action movie again? Consider me sold.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Willis and Schwarzenegger in expendables was so disappointing.

I mean I can understand Arnie. He was busy being governor. But fuck don't have willis in there and stick him in the main billing.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I still haven't seen the first. I should get on that!

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Norris better roundhouse kick some fools in the face

• Options
    FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    How can people possibly say that there was too much talking and not enough action in the first movie?

You know what would happen if they replaced what little plot and talking that existed with more action? You would then complain that it was just mindless and you had no reason to care if they were doing action. It would be stupid

ETqXK.png
  • Options
    The charsima carpenter side plot was plain terrible.

Other than that the talking was ok.

• Options
    You know what would have been the best thing about predators?

Fishbourne's role was originally written for Arnie. How amazing would it have been if they managed to pull that off and keep it secret?

You see the predator decloak, reach up to pull off his mask and you would have been fuuuuuuck.

What would have been even better than that: he then kills everyone and it's about Arnie escaping the planet.

Missed opportunities.

• Options
    Futore wrote:
    How can people possibly say that there was too much talking and not enough action in the first movie?

You know what would happen if they replaced what little plot and talking that existed with more action? You would then complain that it was just mindless and you had no reason to care if they were doing action. It would be stupid

People just like to bitch.

One of the greatest action movies, at least of the last decade, and 90% of people here would tell you it was one of the worst movies of 2010.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    It's almost as if that's a subjective judgment!

• Options
    Blake T wrote:
    You know what would have been the best thing about predators?

Fishbourne's role was originally written for Arnie. How amazing would it have been if they managed to pull that off and keep it secret?

You see the predator decloak, reach up to pull off his mask and you would have been fuuuuuuck.

What would have been even better than that: he then kills everyone and it's about Arnie escaping the planet.

Missed opportunities.

Yes this would have ruled. I thought they really should have done more with Fishbourne

ETqXK.png
  • Options
    I really liked Predators.

Fishburne's character really reminded me of Apocalypse Now and Marlon Brando, which isn't bad, but could have benefited from both getting more screen time.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I mean there are very few movies that have the balls to change leads mid movies. (the closest I can think of is game of thrones, which is firstly a tv series, and secondly based off a book, I doubt if someone tried to pitch that to a studio without a wildly popular book to back him up he would not have gotten very far)

But man, it would have been so cool

Blake T on
  • Options
    the best action movies of the decade would be a tough undertaking for me, and would be frontloaded with a whole ton of stuff from 2008 and 2010 alone

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    the best action movies of the decade would be a tough undertaking for me, and would be frontloaded with a whole ton of stuff from 2008 and 2010 alone

The top 5 for me are The Expendables, RED, Machete, Drive Angry 3D, and Hobo with a Shotgun

I can't choose which of them's better, so they're just all tied for first

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    machete, red, crank 2, and hobo with a shotgun wouldn't even make my top ten

that's how big action movies got near the end of the decade

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    Crap, forgot about Crank 2

• Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    It's been awhile since I saw Expendables ... Statham was knife guy, right? And so Knife Guy is still in this?

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    you also forgot taken and rambo 2008 and punisher: war zone and the rundown and many others, sweeney

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    damn, punisher warzone. I should watch that again soon.

that opening scene alone was just so fucking good

ETqXK.png
  • Options
    you also forgot taken and rambo 2008 and punisher: war zone and the rundown and many others, sweeney

OK, I think I can still make a top 10 list out of all this stuff

But every single number 1 through 10 will have at least 2 movies each

• Options
    oh and the losers and universal soldier: regeneration and sin city and shoot 'em up and the district b-13 movies and unleashed and I could keep going

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    speaking of action movies, SWAT is on my tv right now. man I forgot how ridiculous this movie is

ETqXK.png
  • Options
    SWAT is better than it should be

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    oh and the losers and universal soldier: regeneration and sin city and shoot 'em up and the district b-13 movies and unleashed and I could keep going

This is better because of this, I've only seen Sin City and Shoot Em Up

• Options

Did you see it in theaters? It was incredibly fucking loud

ETqXK.png
  • Options
    The losers is amazing.

Such a shame it didn't get much attention.

It is probably the movie I watched the most times this year.

• Options
    you need to see all them movies

also command performance, the a-team, give 'em hell, malone, tom jane punisher, 300, Crank 1, the Transporter series, and it keeps going

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    Futore wrote:

Did you see it in theaters? It was incredibly fucking loud

yes. yes it was loud.

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    you need to see all them movies

also command performance, the a-team, give 'em hell, malone, tom jane punisher, 300, Crank 1, the Transporter series, and it keeps going

Own 300 and Crank, still need to see the rest

• Options
    also the amazing action comedies that delivered like the other guys, hot fuzz, kung fu hustle, in bruges, and black dynamite

7656367.jpg