As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Boardgames!

Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourseRegistered User regular
edited March 2007 in Critical Failures
It's summer and this traditionally means that it's boardgame season. So we need a thread, once again, to discuss purchase choices, tactics, session reports and all the other nonsense that needs to be said.

We tend to have pretty terrible OPs in these threads, I'm going to try and change that this time.

Boardgames? Moer leik Bored Games, lol!
I don't care if you really feel that way or if you are just being a cock. The answer is the same, don't go shitting up this thread. Instead, you can amuse yourself by eating as many pills as you can find in your parent's medicine cupboard as quickly as possible.

Is Tempus out yet?
Update 1/8/06: Yes, yes it is. I've just started hearing reports of online stores having it in stock. This means that you can even likely skip down to your local FLGS (or Travelling Man) and pick yourself up a copy. A word of caution though: This isn't the game people thought it was and those who go in expecting it to be a civilisation building game have come away dissapointing. It is very much more abstract than people expected.

Monopoly/Munchkin/Fluxx is the best!
It really isn't. Nobody wants to claim that the game isn't fun in certain conditions but it relies almost entirely on luck. There is a big exciting world of more advanced games out there and you'd do well to experience it.

"Game name". Thread over
This isn't a poll thread asking which is the best game. That question doesn't even make sense. If you want to discuss how much a game rocks then do it, but try to actual stimulate discussion rather than failing to manage even one sentence.

Is there some kind of site on the internet that deals with boardgame reviews and news?
Yes, it's called BoardGameGeek and it can be very useful for finding out lots of things. They also run PBP games on there, which are really slow but can be great fun.
Most of the people on these forums have an account there. I know I do.

I thought I'd also include some pretty photos and brief descriptions of what I'd consider the popular boardgames and those that people on these boards might care about.

Risk
This was my gateway game. We bought this and it set us off on our tradition of meeting a few times a week during summer to play some games.
pic5508.jpg
It now comes in a few flavours, most notably, Godstorm and 2210AD.
Most people shy away from this as they have horrible memories of games taking several days. Usually, this means they were trying to play a conquest game. I like to think of this as playing the game wrong, as it really isn't fun. Play with missions. It's awesome and games are shorter.

Settlers of Catan
This was my second game as far as I remember. Still played as much now as it was then.
pic17996_sized.jpg
It's a game of resource trading and the eternal "I've got wood" jokes. There are a few different versions with different art, some much prettier than others.
Two expansions also exist:
Seafarers of Catan. This one was original going to be part of the base game but was taken out in order to cut costs. It fixes a few resource imbalances by allowing you to make sea routers in addition to paths. Also introduces the GOLD tile and some scenarios (although most people don't like the scenarios). We've played one game of standard settlers since we picked up this expansion and that was to teach a new person the rules.
Cities and Knights Of Catan. This one is less of an expansion and more of a brand new game with similar mechanics in places. Introduces advanced resources, different city levels and some other bits and bobs. Fun, but we don't play it as much by any stretch of the imagaintion. Provides a fun change though.

Puerto Rico
This is considered by many to be the finest boardgame ever made. It is always at the top of the highest rated games on BGG too.
pic124608.jpg
The players are plantation owners in Puerto Rico in the days when the ships had sails. Growing up to five different kind of crops: Corn, Indigo, Coffee, Sugar and Tobacco, they must try to run their business more efficiently than their close competitors. It has a fairly small random element which most hail as a good thing. There are no dice to be held at the mercy of, just the available crops. Everything that goes wrong tends to be your own fault. It really is awesome.

Carcassonne
The big game that I've not bought or played. Yet.
pic1568.jpg
This one is a game based around laying tiles. I can't really say much except it's quite light and I'll be picking up it up shortly. It also has 6.39billion expansions and a few hundred different base sets. Nobody knows whether any base set and expansion combination will work.

Twilight Imperium 3rd Edition
Not really as famous as the others I've listed, but I play a great deal of it and it is pretty different to the others I've presented
pic73007_sized.jpg
If that picture doesn't do something for you then you're dead inside. This is a game about managing a space empire. It's a little like a Master of Orion boardgame. Some people have a problem with victory being based on victory points rather than conquest, so you may want to try before you buy.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
Mojo_Jojo on

• AoiAoi Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Jesus... That Twilight Imperium picture puts the fear of god in me O_O That looks like so damned much to keep track of. I'll have to give it a try at Origins this week :)

Also, out of sheer curiosity. Has anyone tried out the World of Warcraft board game yet? I'm just curious about the game mechanics more than anything.

Aoi on
  • MoridanMoridan Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    We spent a few hours playing six rounds of Vampire: Prince of the City this weekend, and we had a blast. It's a great board game that really captures the spirit of White Wolf's Vampire: The Requiem pen-n-paper RPG.

It's like Monopoly meets Sorry!, in that it's all about gaining territory and screwing over the other players. I highly recommend it.

PrinceoftheCityLarge.jpg

EDIT - Got rid of queerisms...

Moridan on
    Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary
    opinion is wishful thinking at its worst.
    - Robert A. Heinlein
  • Shoegaze99Shoegaze99 Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    This thread is destined to make me sad, directing me straight to the nearest bottle and then right to the bottom of said bottle.

I love boardgames. Boardgames are awesome. Too bad life too often gets in the way of gathering folks together for an evening of gaming goodness. Really too bad, because goddamn those pics looks like delicious fun.

I’ve a pretty extensive collection of Axis & Allies expansions, from all those great new units from Table Tactics to a number of custom maps, including one of my own creation that incorporates elements from all A&A editions. I also created a “tactics” version of the game for hex-based play, but we’ve never had a chance to playtest it.

Settlers of Catan looks pretty cool, but Twilight Imperium made me wet my pants with glee. HOLY SHIT!

Shoegaze99 on
  • RenegadeDrizztRenegadeDrizzt Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    showcase_crate.jpg
    B000246MQU.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
    apples01_b.jpg
    Apples to Apples is a fast-paced party game published by Out Of The Box Publishing. It is designed for four to ten players. It was chosen by Mensa International in 1999 as a "Mensa Select", an award given to five games each year.

Each player is dealt seven "red apple" cards; on each is printed a noun or noun phrase (Madonna, Lightning, Socks, Mahatma Gandhi, Street Gangs, London, The Universe, A Locker Room, The San Andreas Fault, Science Fiction, etc.). Keep in mind, cards that start with "My" such as "My 16th Birthday" are based on the judge's sixteenth birthday, and not the 16th birthday of the person who played the card. (After all, they're not supposed to know who played what, anyway.)

One player is appointed as the first "judge". The judge draws a "green apple" card on which is printed an adjective (Scary, Smelly, Patriotic, Rich, Aged, etc.), and places it face-up. Each of the other players chooses one of their red apple cards that they think is the best match for the green apple card, and places it face down. The judge shuffles the red apple cards, then turns them face up (without knowing who submitted each) and decides which red apple card is the best match for the green apple card. The player who submitted that red apple card wins the round, and takes the green apple card to signify the win.

The judge's decision is completely subjective: the official rules condone the judge picking the match that is "most creative, humorous or interesting". A particular judge might think it ironic if Helen Keller is played on visionary, and might give that match the point rather than Galileo.

All players then draw cards to bring their hands back up to seven, and the responsibility of being the judge passes to the player to the previous judge's left.

The winner is the player who first wins a predetermined number of rounds. The more players, the lower the recommended total.

Greatest game of all time.

RenegadeDrizzt on
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Aoi wrote:
    Jesus... That Twilight Imperium picture puts the fear of god in me O_O That looks like so damned much to keep track of. I'll have to give it a try at Origins this week :)
    The best part is how straight forward the rules are.The first game suffered from a few lookups but after that we were sailing through games. Although PDS rules gave us a bit of grief down the line we eventually got them in check (and realised that deep space cannon was one of the most entertaining technologies ever)
    Also, out of sheer curiosity. Has anyone tried out the World of Warcraft board game yet? I'm just curious about the game mechanics more than anything.
    Might be worth having a look at the official site. Some companies like to stick up PDFs of the rulebooks. I hear mainly good thigs, although I'm still far too bitter about how craptastic the Warcraft boardgame was to risk trying.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Andrew_JayAndrew_Jay Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Moridan wrote:
    It's like Manopoly
    Is this somekind of gay version of Monopoly? Boardwalk is replaced with "Chippendales" or something? :P

Is Ticket to Ride any good? I've seen it around and it sounds really neat and I would like to pick it up, though I can't find the second edition (Europe) anywhere.

Andrew_Jay on
  • poik007poik007 Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    I love my World of Warcraft The Board Game, even if games are really long.

poik007 on
    DIYD_M3_bannered2.png
    edited June 2006
    Andrew_Jay wrote:
    Moridan wrote:
    It's like Manopoly
    Is this somekind of gay version of Monopoly? Boardwalk is replaced with "Chippendales" or something? :P

Is Ticket to Ride any good? I've seen it around and it sounds really neat and I would like to pick it up, though I can't find the second edition (Europe) anywhere.

There's a completely free version of the game you can play online made by the company that makes the board game. That should probably be a good way to try it and see :D

Aoi on
  • DoronronDoronron Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    I need to get a copy of Twilight Imperium. My games were the old MB Gamemaster series, and several Avalon Hill brainbusters.

I still own 2nd Ed Axis & Allies, Shogun, Fortress America, and Conquest of the Empire in their original packaging. In addition, I own several semi-commercial expansions.

Great games.

Does anyone else here make their own boardgames? I've got a few in the design stages that will need playtests soon.

Doronron on
  • Andrew_JayAndrew_Jay Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Aoi wrote:
    Andrew_Jay wrote:
    Moridan wrote:
    It's like Manopoly

There's a completely free version of the game you can play online made by the company that makes the board game. That should probably be a good way to try it and see :D
    Right on the Days of Wonder site? I've never noticed it, I'll go look for it when I get a chance. Thanks.

They seem to have lots of really good, creative, games. Memoir '44 looks awesome too.

Andrew_Jay on
    edited June 2006
    Doronron wrote:
    I need to get a copy of Twilight Imperium. My games were the old MB Gamemaster series, and several Avalon Hill brainbusters.

I still own 2nd Ed Axis & Allies, Shogun, Fortress America, and Conquest of the Empire in their original packaging. In addition, I own several semi-commercial expansions.

Great games.

Does anyone else here make their own boardgames? I've got a few in the design stages that will need playtests soon.

I'm working on one actually, as well as have been working on a heavily combat oriented card game for quite a while now as well. Love this kind of stuff, just don't have anyone nearby locally to ever play with :P
    Andrew_Jay wrote:
    Aoi wrote:
    Andrew_Jay wrote:
    Moridan wrote:
    It's like Manopoly

Right on the Days of Wonder site? I've never noticed it, I'll go look for it when I get a chance. Thanks.

They seem to have lots of really good, creative, games. Memoir '44 looks awesome too.

It sure is. Look at the bottom right of the TTR main page for the link.

Aoi on
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Doronron wrote:
    My friends and I keep discussing adding action cards to Axis & Allies in order to stop each game unfolding in a very similar (and long) way. Although we've never actually done any work on it and I'm unsure about the difficulty of actually making said cards once we've come up with rules..

Mojo_Jojo on
    edited June 2006
    Out of curiosity, does anyone around here actually GO to Origins? I'm kind of sitting on the fence about it at the moment and am kind of looking for opinions of the convention in general. In the past when I've went it's seemed far too centered on collectable games which, while I enjoy em, I just don't have the cash right now.

Aoi on
  • mayor cigar facemayor cigar face Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Say what you will about Monopoly, but I've never seen any other game almost turn into a goddamn knife fight before. That game does strange things to people.

mayor cigar face on
    godsoe.png
  • xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Shoegaze99 wrote:
    I love boardgames. Boardgames are awesome. Too bad life too often gets in the way of gathering folks together for an evening of gaming goodness. Really too bad, because goddamn those pics looks like delicious fun.

I always try to get people to play Robo Rally, but they're all "what the shit? a programming board game? let's play uno!!"

Don't get me wrong, I like Uno, but I like Robo Rally too. :(

I can usually get people to play Wiz-War though.

xzzy on
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    I hate Risk. No other strategy game goes out of its way to minimize the effects of your strategic decisions like Risk does.

As for games starting knife fights, apparently Diplomacy destroys friendships and marriages and leaves people weepy-eyed and alone.

Evil Multifarious on
  • HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Well Risk and Axis and Allies have always been a big mainstay for my friends and I.

Lately we've started playing more rpg'ish games, like Runebound and someotherone made by the same company that involves dungeons (Sorry, only played it once, I don't own it).

I'm going to get to try that huge LOTR board game...War of the Ring...I think that's what it's called. We almost played it a while back, but even the "abridged" instructions were a couple of pages. We're going to celebrate the independence of our country this year by playing a fantasy board game involving a ring, wizards, goblins, hobbits, and giant grumpy trees. :)

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Shoegaze99Shoegaze99 Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Mojo_Jojo wrote:
    My friends and I keep discussing adding action cards to Axis & Allies in order to stop each game unfolding in a very similar (and long) way. Although we've never actually done any work on it and I'm unsure about the difficulty of actually making said cards once we've come up with rules..
    We've done this, and I certainly urge you to try it, too. It ended up working out well enough so that for about a year, we wouldn't play without the cards. What you want to do is have lots of innocuous cards that don't really do much - maybe a touch of money here, a free infantry unit there - with a small handful of bigger cards and one or two OH MY FUCKING GOD HE DREW THAT CARD! cards. A solid 50 percent of the cards shouldn't do anything at all.

While it won’t change the way you play the game forever, it’s a nice change of pace and a nice twist on an old classic.

You can try making more elaborate tech trees, too. I created a three-tier tree inspired by RTS tech trees that made the focus of A&A very different. Suddenly, economics were vital not just for troops, but to ensure you didn’t fall behind in the tech race. Fun stuff.

Doronron wrote:
    On a number of occasions. Most are in embryonic form, untested, though several we’ve played.

In the late 80s, I made a dice-based baseball game, based on real stats, featuring salaries and contracts and using d10 dice and so on. A whole mess of cool stuff. Card-based random events, base stealing, strategy, etc. The game turned out well enough so that a circle of us played this game I had created for ten years, drafting teams each season, tracking stats, keeping records, and all that sim goodness. We stopped playing largely because creating the player cards each season became a chore I couldn’t keep up with.

Roughly at the same time, I had made a fantasy war game inspired by Axis & Allies rules, set in a fantasy realm of my creation. Generic stuff, to be sure – elves, dwarves, etc. – but it wasn’t terrible, as I recall.

Shoegaze99 on
  • precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Why has Apotheos not arrived? He is the master of all that is board and game.

precisionk on
    edited June 2006
    Aoi wrote:
    Doronron wrote:

I'm working on one actually, as well as have been working on a heavily combat oriented card game for quite a while now as well. Love this kind of stuff, just don't have anyone nearby locally to ever play with :P

I've got four in the hopper. One, called Brinksmanship is a quick and dirty Cold War/UN game. No dice, just person to person influence. Another is a fuedal game in which your serfs _are_ your currency. The third is somewhat similar to Fortress America and Conquest of the Empire titled "Last American President". The final one I'll post a link to the map shortly.
    Mojo_Jojo wrote:

I began designing games with Axis & Allies variants. The problem with the game is a combination of its economy and its starting setup. My fourth game began as an A&A variant, but I've since gone beyond that. None of the rules between my game and A&A are the same. New combat. New economy. New victory conditions. Everything. Here's a link to the board (work in progress) itself:

Click Me

Doronron on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2006
    If you've got 2-4 friends around (though it's best with everyone on one character), Heroquest and the expansions make for a great way to kill time. Played through most of the first game a long time ago, and while I've never had the opportunity to pick it back up, I've always wanted to get some people together and tear it up again.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
    edited June 2006
    Lately we've started playing more rpg'ish games, like Runebound and someotherone made by the same company that involves dungeons (Sorry, only played it once, I don't own it).
    Descent?

Mojo_Jojo on
  • AnakinOUAnakinOU Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Gotta love the Geek. I'm on there, too.

Comments on some games mentioned/asked about so far...

Carcassonne is OK. As far as expansions go, get the Traders and Builders, and Inns and Cathedrals. The rest hurt the game more than they help it.

Heroquest has been usurped by Doom and/or Descent: Journeys in the dark, for the dungeon crawl experience.

Memoir 44 and Ticket to Ride both rock. Get them, have no fear.

War of the Ring is awesome. True. Same for TI3.

Apples to Apples isn't that much fun. For a better game with similar gameplay/theme, try Attribute. It's also much cheaper.

AnakinOU on
  • BamelinBamelin Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Knightmare Chess.

This one is sort of a board game as it uses a traditional chess set ... with an added twist.

http://www.sjgames.com/knightmare/

The artwork is topnotch, although to be honest I still prefer original chess any day of the week. Still, it's a fun diversion if you're feeling like something abit different.

Then of course there is my favorite war game ever .. Diplomacy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diplomacy_(game)

I doubt I need to describe the game as any war gamer worth their salt has played this one. Suffice to say it, Diplomacy is the ultimate "I'm your friend but going to stab you in the back in 3 turns" game.

Bamelin on
  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Say what you will about Monopoly, but I've never seen any other game almost turn into a goddamn knife fight before. That game does strange things to people.

Pictionary comes close in my family - not a game went by without my sister being reduced to incandescent rage.

Anybody here play Thud, the Discworld board game based on the Battle of Koom Valley?

gamepic.gif
    The game of Thud was devised as an alternative to the fighting. It was considered by some older dwarfs and trolls that a non-fatal means of contest might be a boon to peace in the mountains and, besides, they were running out of people. And, in recognition of the general state of all unsuccessful fighters in the wars, it is a game of two halves.

"For", according to the trollish philosopher Plateau, "if you wants to understan' an enemy, you gotta walk a mile in his shoes. Den, if he's still your enemy, at least you're a mile away and he's got no shoes."

Legend says that a large war party of dwarfs and a smaller one of trolls were hunting one another in the valley, and that on this occasion the leader of the trolls tried an artful strategy. Usually, both groups would hunt each other among the big rocks that litter the valley, but this time the troll leader positioned his company right out in the middle of a stretch of open ground, reasoning that the dwarfs would never look there.

"After all', he is recorded as saying, "dey always find us when we hide behind fings 'cos dey look behind fings, so if we stands out in the open they won't find us 'cos dere's nuffin to look behind".

This major step in trollish thinking had some success because of the heavy fog that, most unusually, had fallen that morning. However, it lifted shortly after sunrise, and the trolls were, to the confoundment of what seemed like impeccable logic, immediately spotted. Battle ensued, both sides claiming foul play on the part of the other, and both sides claiming to have won.

The Thud game seeks to recreate this and has been credited with seriously reducing the number of major wars between dwarfs and trolls, replacing them instead with innumerable bar room scuffles in which Thud boards, and sometimes pieces, are used as the weapons. But since this becomes merely a police matter, it counts as peace...

Rhesus Positive on
    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2006
    precisionk wrote:
    Why has Apotheos not arrived? He is the master of all that is board and game.

Good morning!

The above post on the Vampire (a la White Wolf) game sells it pretty short. Its really nothing like Monopoly or Sorry, although region control and "Ha ha fuck you" are prominently featured.

While the graphic design on it is total balls, and the game is only as good as the players due to a heavy negotiation aspect, it was a decent bit of fun.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
    edited June 2006
    A tad off-topic, but if you play RPGs with miniatures, and you use a battlemat, you are doing yourself a disservice.

These things, while a tad pricey, are the best thing since polyhedral dice. A thousand times better than any battlemat on the market.

Tact-Tiles
    Main_Product_Pic_4_op_800x531.jpg

Moridan on
    Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary
    - Robert A. Heinlein
    edited June 2006
    Oh christ almighty.

So, they are jigsaw whiteboard tiles? Awesome.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Moridan wrote:
    A tad off-topic, but if you play RPGs with miniatures, and you use a battlemat, you are doing yourself a disservice.

These things, while a tad pricey, are the best thing since polyhedral dice. A thousand times better than any battlemat on the market.

Tact-Tiles
    mg]

Those are awesome even if you don't play board games. Just having them would make me a better person.

You could totally line a cubicle or wall with those and be the most popular guy in the office.

xzzy on
    edited June 2006
    apotheos wrote:
    although region control and "Ha ha fuck you" are prominently featured.

That's what I meant. Well said btw.

Moridan on
    - Robert A. Heinlein
    edited June 2006
    Moridan wrote:

Tact-Tiles
    hoooh
    I must own those. Even though I hardly ever actually manage to play any RPGs, I need to add those to my clutter.

EDit: I'm .91 geek gold away from having a badge. How long have hundreths of geek gold been getting handed out? Are we having deflation problems?

Mojo_Jojo on
    edited June 2006
    apotheos wrote:
    Oh christ almighty.

So, they are jigsaw whiteboard tiles? Awesome.

Basically. What you can't see in the pictures is that they are about 1/8" thick and very sturdy. One of the best things about them is that, if you play on a large surface, you can slide the whole map around to players who have a hard time reaching it.

It's also nice to pre-draw your maps, then reveal it to the players a tile at a time. They erase really easily, which is great during play, but if you draw it out and let it set over night, you can pack up your map and it won't get smudged much at all.

Moridan on
    - Robert A. Heinlein
    edited June 2006
    Bamelin wrote:
    Then of course there is my favorite war game ever .. Diplomacy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diplomacy_(game)

I doubt I need to describe the game as any war gamer worth their salt has played this one. Suffice to say it, Diplomacy is the ultimate "I'm your friend but going to stab you in the back in 3 turns" game.

I've played. Not very good at it, though.

EDIT: Robo Rally kicks ass. It's a blast to play and everyone has a good laugh at the stupidity of their robots.

Doronron on
    edited June 2006
    I've always wanted to try Robo Rally:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=ah/article/ah20050708a

Anyone know if it's any good?

Bamelin on
    edited June 2006
    Mah-Jongg is the latest game I've learnt to play and I must say I'm not dissapointed. It plays very similar to Rummy but with more awesome. Soon I'll be an elderly chinese man.

My plans to become an elderly greek man were smashed by my inability to master the finer points of backgammon.
    Bamelin wrote:
    I've always wanted to try Robo Rally:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=ah/article/ah20050708a

Anyone know if it's any good?
    I hear that it is pretty special although I've never actually seen a copy for sale.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • AtroAtro Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Does anyone know a place that ships to Canada to order any of the games in the OP online?

Atro on
    pyramidsig0ds.png
    edited June 2006
    Atro wrote:
    Does anyone know a place that ships to Canada to order any of the games in the OP online?

http://www.mindgames.ca/home.html

Canadian site, all prices in CDN.

Bamelin on
    edited June 2006
    Bamelin wrote:
    Atro wrote:

http://www.mindgames.ca/home.html

That store seems to have pretty lousy selection.

Try:
    http://www.jogocanada.com
    http://www.germangames.com
    http://www.levalet.com

The last is only really great for european imports like Pitchcar.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • scrivenerjonesscrivenerjones Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Blokus!

14089.jpg

blokus_DSC0006.jpg

Tetris + Go = Blokus = Sheer Awesome

also, you can play online, which I would totally do if other people are into this game.

scrivenerjones on
    edited June 2006
    Heh sorry Mind Games was the first one that came to mind. I live downtown (Toronto) walk by that store in the Eaton Centre at least 5 or 6 times a week and to be fair it does carry some of the games the OP mentioned.

That said go to the stores Apotheos recommended. :P

Bamelin on