As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay Third Edition

texasheattexasheat Registered User regular
edited April 2011 in Critical Failures
So a couple of friends of mine and i are sitting down tonight to play some of the new 3rd ed stuff. Anyone have any thoughts on it yet?

We tried to roll chars last week, but that's about all we did. I'm new to the Warhammer verse and am excited to play. I'm running a dwarf thug...

texasheat on

• Options
    MordenthralMordenthral Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I enjoyed the little that I had an opportunity to run. It's quite different from 1st and 2nd, but the setting is still the same, so I was all warm and fuzzy.

Mordenthral on
  • Options
    MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    It's extremely different from any other RPG, but it is absolutely awesome. I've been running a campaign since launch, though we've had to take a break in the past few months due to real world schedules.

In my mind, it's a pretty perfect mix of fun ruleset and open-ended facilitation of roleplaying and story. The rules give some fun crunch to play a proper game with, but they're flexible enough for the GM to wrap them around the story, rather than dictacting anything.

Beyond that, it's my favorite setting, and a great "bottom up" player-oriented view presented in the books. Really, you can't go wrong.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    I hate to necro a thread, but this is the most current WFRP 3rd one I see in here.

Anyone still playing this? I'm interested in getting into it, either local (hah!) or online using maptools or something like that.

I think I'd prefer to go the Lite route though, keeping track of stuff on paper vs with little tokens seems pretty much the same to me. I'm not a big fan of talent socketing either, may just go per encounter/day/session kind of deal on them, or even all available all the time (except during recharing).

I'd also ditch the stance meter and just let someone move one 'stance' per maneuver, from aggressive to neutral, etc etc. They could swap as many dice out as the career allows.