As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Je Veux Te [Chat]

1909192939496»

• Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote:
    Is it so wrong to want someone that cares about you to just like, listen to you complain without pointing out everything you could have done better? I mean I realize a real friend doesn't coddle you but at the same time, I feel like you can address issues at a later time and just be there for a person without breaking every fucking thing down into a blow by blow and anaylze every fucking thing when the person is still reeling from the initial crisis.

I used to be that guy actually. Took a long time to realize that simply listening and commiserating are far better than critical analysis. I lacked empathy since I had to struggle so hard for everything growing up.

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Cheesecake, chocolate, pastry crust, fry it, coat in powdered sugar, chocolate sauce, strawberry sauce, MORE POWDERED SUGAR, whipped cream, and then a "vegetable" garnish, which won't be eaten.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    I mean:
    The teen's father said that the boy feels supported by his family, friends and school.
    "The thing is we know he's 14 and he will grow into whatever he grows into," he said. "Our responsibility is to make sure he has a loving house he can come to and not be bullied or discriminated against. Whether we like the decision or not, we're his parents and we love him."

how do you get "incredibly creepy", or even slightly creepy, from that?

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
  • Options
    South hostSouth host I obey without question Registered User regular
    dlinfiniti wrote:
    the best part about catfish is catching them
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biL-QcviQGk

Is this different from "catfisting", an activity that was featured on "King of the Hill"?

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    "The Shadowlands" server is already full!

Weak. The queue is kind of slow.

desc on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    my girlfriend is watching an episode of firefly

man, what's-her-face did a pretty solid job of seeming completely, uncomfortably crazy

also nathan fillion has gotten fat since then

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    how dare they try to make money for orphans!

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular

man, what's-her-face did a pretty solid job of seeming completely, uncomfortably crazy

No he hasn't!

• Options
    South hostSouth host I obey without question Registered User regular

Jewel Staite? I know, she was great as a crazy person.

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
  • Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote:
    I mean:
    The teen's father said that the boy feels supported by his family, friends and school.
    "The thing is we know he's 14 and he will grow into whatever he grows into," he said. "Our responsibility is to make sure he has a loving house he can come to and not be bullied or discriminated against. Whether we like the decision or not, we're his parents and we love him."

It's just really....it's almost like it's too perfect a response, and the whole article reeks of it. Especially the bit about the school taking action after an administrator saw him hugging another boy too close in the hall. And that they only took action to ward off bullying, and then told the parents while leaving the boy to sit alone in another room while they did it. It stinks man. Part of me hopes that that's exactly how it went down, but I know better.

• Options
    SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    Dark_Side wrote:
    spool32 wrote:
    I mean:

It's just really....it's almost like it's too perfect a response, and the whole article reeks of it. Especially the bit about the school taking action after an administrator saw him hugging another boy too close in the hall. And that they only took action to ward off bullying, and then told the parents while leaving the boy to sit alone in another room while they did it. It stinks man. Part of me hopes that that's exactly how it went down, but I know better.

You sound a bit like the guy that complained about that show about american muslims, saying it was propaganda since it didn't show them being terrorists.

• Options
    Sparvy wrote:
    Dark_Side wrote:
    spool32 wrote:
    I mean:

You sound a bit like the guy that complained about that show about american muslims, saying it was propaganda since it didn't show them being terrorists.

As in, the lack of evidence of your stereotype about Utah means it they are hiding it and trying to trick you.

• Options
    Ah damn it, hit quote instead of edit again

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    emnmnme wrote:
    Organichu wrote:
    emnmnme wrote:
    Organichu wrote:
    abd, have you really never had fried chicken

you should give it a try

I'm far more concerned that he's never eaten fried catfish.

there are lots of americans who've never eaten fried catfish

Then they are not real Americans.

As a (former) resident of Northern Virginia, I'm used to being called that.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Dark_Side wrote:
    spool32 wrote:
    I mean:

You've had some personal experience with coming out to parents who aren't comfortable at all with homosexuality?

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Sparvy, make a new chat

Sarksus is backup

This discussion has been closed.