As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[World of Tanks] Our track is broken! Get out and push!

• BastableBastable Registered User regular
    They've made the fair decision that the final draw results in both teams getting the 2nd place prizes. Unlike our opponents idea that they should win as they had more wins and we were turtlers. Apparently having our KV's shooting them from their side of the map is the new meta camping. Sitting back and spotting for their arty is of course not camping.

Philippe about the tactical deployment of german Kradschützen during the battle of Kursk:
    "I think I can comment on this because I used to live above the Baby Doll Lounge, a topless bar that was once frequented by bikers in lower Manhattan."

• A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited December 2011
    lulz

F3Kae.jpg

No way I'm getting Kolobanov again.

A duck! on
  • ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    I am now firmly convinced that Duck just has an entire lucky horse up his ass, not just one shoe. I was under the impression YOUR tank had to be at least T4 for those medals, but I guess it's just the ones you blow up, huh?

edited December 2011
    For the one you're thinking of all the tanks destroyed have to be over Tier 4. Kolobanov is for destroying 5+ tanks while being the sole person alive on your team. I think it was 7v1 at one point.

EDIT - the tanks destroyed

dsdbc.jpg

EDIT 2 - 30 hits received, 12 HP lost. HA

A duck! on
  • lostprophetlostprophet Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    You lucky Bastard. In beta I got that with my kv-3. I'm assuming they just kept running into your gun one on one, right? How many kills did you finish with?

Edit: 12?

lostprophet on
    Steam: macg1991
    wotuserbar01.jpg: macg1991
    Check out the Penny Arcade World of Tanks thread to join us in some fun times.
    Yeah, 12. I got 4 or so from a failed attempt by their team to push one side, killed another 3 who couldn't make it through swamp without being stupid and then killed a bunch that had done a hill push.

Okay, yeah, wrong medal.
    Still, 30 hits and no steel wall is a depressing reminder of how little damage T1/2 guns do. =P

If he can go toe-to-toe (which is entirely possible with the front of that thing facing out ...) then he has an excellent shot of blowing away everyone coming at him. I've pulled off some great reversals with a team mate, but never truly alone. You have to survive to get that medal, don't you?

edited December 2011
    Here's my Kolobanov's medal from beta:
    6KvrT.jpg

lostprophet on
    Tank coy is fun, 8 or so chaps on voice comms all co-rd.
    My favorite moments were realising that duck could not speak and snork ramming a e-100 with his arty (and himself exploding) because he ran out of options.

Oh and mac getting me killed by ordering me to scale a plateau enemies base: E100 shooting at my side while my gun would not depress.

Philippe about the tactical deployment of german Kradschützen during the battle of Kursk:
    "I think I can comment on this because I used to live above the Baby Doll Lounge, a topless bar that was once frequented by bikers in lower Manhattan."

• FarleymanFarleyman Registered User regular
    Bastable wrote:
    They've made the fair decision that the final draw results in both teams getting the 2nd place prizes. Unlike our opponents idea that they should win as they had more wins and we were turtlers. Apparently having our KV's shooting them from their side of the map is the new meta camping. Sitting back and spotting for their arty is of course not camping.

Fair enough I suppose. I would of done the same but split the first place prize between both teams also, 'cause ya know, a draw in the final isn't quite the same as a draw in an earlier stage.

Also, I like the new spotting mechanic they were pioneering! Sounds really effective if you ask me O_o

steam_sig.png
  • SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    Hmm looks like bookmarks no longer work (haven't been getting notifications that this thread was even still active.)

That's insane Duck. I'm convinced that we always have our best rounds when nobody else is around to see them haha (but a hell of a lot more losses).

As for the tourney, most of the guys were alright, if not a little bullheaded. It was mostly just one guy on their team that was an utter goosebag (does the edict count for people not on this forum?)

• a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    Farleyman wrote:
    Bastable wrote:

Fair enough I suppose. I would of done the same but split the first place prize between both teams also, 'cause ya know, a draw in the final isn't quite the same as a draw in an earlier stage.

Also, I like the new spotting mechanic they were pioneering! Sounds really effective if you ask me O_o

I would have combined the first and second place prizes and then split it. That's how most tournaments with ties handle it (though most don't allow ties for the top spot...surprised they didn't just have a playoff match or something).

Looks like 7.0 landed today, so if you want to play, factor in the 1gb patch (that is currently downloading very slowly for me.)

In other news I can't wait for my IS-7 to actually be good!

• The DermThe Derm Registered User regular
    Large Patch is large.
    Download speed is downright tectonic over here.

On the Kolobanov:
    Not surprised to see it in the Hotchkiss. I still play with my T1 (What? it's fun!) and frequently see a lone Hotchkiss hang back and win the game after the rest of their team has rushed out to die. The other team will then feed tanks one at a time into the hungry maw of the "poor, helpless and outnumbered" enemy.

Overwhelmed as one would be, placed in my position
    Such a heavy burden now to be the one
    Born to bare and read to all the details of our ending
    To write it down for all the world to see
    But I forgot my pen...
  • OgotaiOgotai Registered User regular
    If I'm reading the patch notes right, they are finally giving the E8 the 105 derp gun. What the hell took so long for that? Everyone has been saying it needed a 2nd gun option since the tank was released.

• CheBourgeoisNoirCheBourgeoisNoir Registered User regular
    Meh..unsure about how to feel. I've finally unlocked the Panther, the SU-152, and the T-44, but paying premium to try and alleviate the stupid grind to the next tier...WoT is dead; long live Wot.

So I've been perusing the French tank boards and saw a couple screenshots of the RU beta for them. The T10 AMX-50 looks fracking awesome. Almost the same HP/tonnage ratio as the E-50 (2 more tons for the same 1200 hp), 230/100 hull/turret frontal armor that looks extremely sloped. And to top it off 280mm pen 400 damage .3 accuracy autocannon. Granted the turret armor is crap, and the side armor is non-existent, but it looks like it can do some serious front-loaded damage.

finally finished the d/l.
    The install is taking its own sweet time

But I forgot my pen...
    Whoa, that's much higher pen than I expected. That gives me some hope for the American revisions.

edited December 2011
    I also hear that the tier 7 light AMX13/90mm is a little ninja assassin beast. 60km top speed with a 90mm gun.

edit: video of the top tier medium and heavy in action. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=D_UuJptV6Ro

Simpsonia on
    I also hear that the tier 7 light AMX13/90mm is a little ninja assassin beast. 60km top speed with a 90mm gun.

I hate to say it, but I like the new camo.
    Looks like WoT will be betting some decent $$ out of me for the next little while as I dress up all my "keeper" tanks

But I forgot my pen...
  • scarescare Registered User regular
    News Flash!

An Object 212 bounced a shot of mine.

From my IS-4.

mister_fej.png
    So guys... the download of 1.3 gigs took 1 minute and 10 seconds here at work. I am so jelly.

edited December 2011
    Yeah more bounces, which is a good thing. Still caught me by surprise when a 8,8cm shell bounced off a jadgpanther with no obliquity.

Also english london gangster herrduck was hilarious.

Bastable on

I swear my artillery is utterly fucking cursed. My win rate on my M40/43 went from 57% to 45% tonight just trying to get my dub, and I still never got it... I am doomed to get the worst fucking teams in the history of pubs. My teams literally leave entire flanks open without a single tank for fun, especially if they see T-50-2's. Oh the joy of never being able to fire off more than 1 shell.

My panther II actully bounced 88s from a vk, from the side. I always knew normalisation tended to hurt the German and US tanks more than the Soviet ones. Me Like!

After a good run of games, I finally broke 2.4k dmg/game on my IS-4. Of course, I still bounce shots on arty - Obj 212 and T92 just today. The secret to inflating your dmg/game is to queue solo in random battles. That way you'll be sure some scrubs will be on your team and then you get to pick up the slack. Of course, the side effect is that my win percentage doesn't get any higher.

mister_fej.png
  • FarleymanFarleyman Registered User regular
    Is there a set of patch notes available for the new update? They're forums have never been great when it comes to posting this sort of thing in a logical place, but with more forums, I can't find them anywhere now.

steam_sig.png
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Simpsonia wrote:
    I swear my artillery is utterly fucking cursed. My win rate on my M40/43 went from 57% to 45% tonight just trying to get my dub, and I still never got it... I am doomed to get the worst fucking teams in the history of pubs. My teams literally leave entire flanks open without a single tank for fun, especially if they see T-50-2's. Oh the joy of never being able to fire off more than 1 shell.

I know the feeling. Losing 4 to 5% on a T-54 in one night pretty much broke me. Even the victories I do have aren't that enjoyable anymore, and they don't compare to the losses.

So I just read that 7.1 isn't going to include the US T34(IX) to M103(IX) and T34(IIX) conversion. It'll be a long while before I have enough credits for the IS-7.

mister_fej.png
    I assume you meant T34(VIII)?

Still sad to hear it for you. Freemium tanks are pretty awesome. I can only hope that some day I benefit from such a jump.

I was so confused I made up a whole new numbering system!

Overlord seems a bit caught off guard by the negativity sent in his direction. I'm not sure why he's so surprised considering these poll results.

mister_fej.png
  • GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    I got a kick out of this.
    The majority of voters (42% or 2661 of them) are especially waiting for the revision of Soviet and American heavy tanks (i.e the introduction of M103, T110, KV-4, T-150, ST-1, T-10). The 2nd place was almost equally divided between secondary TD lines for all factions (20% or 1270 votes) and British tanks (19% or 1228 votes). Only then comes initial package of French tanks planned for this year getting 14% or 886 votes. 5% of players look forward to other vehicles, perhaps they are interested in some sort of exotics like Japanese tanks or waiting for premium SPGs and TDs.

In general the poll results coincide with tank release priorities, apart from the fact the French are coming first, as it was promised.

In other words, "Poll results coincide with our priorities, expect that our top priority is something most of the players don't give two shits about."

Gaslight wrote:
    The majority of voters (42% or 2661 of them) are especially waiting for the revision of Soviet and American heavy tanks (i.e the introduction of M103, T110, KV-4, T-150, ST-1, T-10). The 2nd place was almost equally divided between secondary TD lines for all factions (20% or 1270 votes) and British tanks (19% or 1228 votes). Only then comes initial package of French tanks planned for this year getting 14% or 886 votes. 5% of players look forward to other vehicles, perhaps they are interested in some sort of exotics like Japanese tanks or waiting for premium SPGs and TDs.

In general the poll results coincide with tank release priorities, apart from the fact the French are coming first, as it was promised.

In other words, "Poll results coincide with our priorities, expect that our top priority is something most of the players don't give two shits about."

Ya, the devs really aren't close at all to being on the same page as the players. Although the French tanks look pretty cool, they seem more like a novelty.

edited December 2011
    The two new maps are best put by scare: Contrived.

The things is all maps tend to have 3 or more lanes due to dead ground but fjord and marsh put uncross able hills or water features turning it into a real corridor battles.

Like the camo, like the new or really minimising of normalisation. hate that non damaging hits are still a thing and am ambivalent about the new maps.

Bastable on

Gaslight wrote:

Ya, the devs really aren't close at all to being on the same page as the players. Although the French tanks look pretty cool, they seem more like a novelty.

Not that that statement isn't true, but the way French tanks work is rather unique, and I think they're doing the right thing in widening the gameplay available to the players. People might say they want other things more, and that's fine, but I very much doubt that these people aren't going to get something out of an entire new faction. Just sayin'.

Oh I'm totally looking forward to the French Tanks. I just really want the upgraded Soviet and American trees.

edited December 2011
    The T34 needs to of been gone like yesterday. American tanks really need a buff

lostprophet on
    I have a T34 in my garage. It wont see a battle until it turns in to a tier 8 tank.

mister_fej.png
This discussion has been closed.