As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PA Comic: Wednesday, Dec 14, 2011 - Scalzification

124»

• Options
    Hogan44Hogan44 Registered User new member
    This is hilarious. Negative comments show an amazing lack of understanding. Sad.

• Options
    Andrew RyanAndrew Ryan Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    I seem to recall a similar outpouring of negativity towards guest artist "Tiny Kitten Teeth" when they did the lookouts comic.

We are not a kind community to our guests :(

Andrew Ryan on
    Mbt2W.gifbLHcF.gifMbt2W.gifbLHcF.gif
    naknaknaknaknak
  • Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Hogan44 wrote:
    This is hilarious. Negative comments show an amazing lack of understanding. Sad.

I um . . . I think everyone has probably seen Star Wars.

Rehab on
    NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    AshokaAshoka A Hub subforum that works? Registered User regular
    One good thing has come from this comic, by way of the news post and a link to Jeff Zugale's site wherein a strip reminded me that a scene in the X-Files pilot has Scully in her underwear. Welcome back old, fond memory... it's been a long time.

WNskB.jpg
  • Options
    TleilaxuTleilaxu Registered User regular
    Ashoka wrote:
    One good thing has come from this comic, by way of the news post and a link to Jeff Zugale's site wherein a strip reminded me that a scene in the X-Files pilot has Scully in her underwear. Welcome back old, fond memory... it's been a long time.

I think many good things have come out of it.

I've bookmarked Zugale's "Just A Bit Off" for future viewing, but haven't gone through the archives. Where might I find the X-Files nostalgia?

checkpointangrybirds.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Tleilaxu wrote:
    I think many good things have come out of it.

And the money raised for charity too... I guess.

Tleilaxu wrote:
    I've bookmarked Zugale's "Just A Bit Off" for future viewing, but haven't gone through the archives. Where might I find the X-Files nostalgia?

Well, he hasn't actually taken over doing the art for the strip yet, but here:

http://notinventedhe.re/on/2011-12-13

Pre-emptive new thread notice: new guest strip is up. ;-)

Ashoka on
    WNskB.jpg
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Holy shit! So I just learned from Tycho's post that Scalzi is writing new books in the Little Fuzzy series! I loved those books. Here's hoping damnthings abound.

edit: Oh, it's a rewrite, not new books. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ashoka wrote:
    Pre-emptive new thread notice: new guest strip is up. ;-)

There is a new 4th Panel up too, which I was surprised to find because it seems like we just had one.

Its nice to see PATV rolling out so much good stuff like it has been lately!

Rehab on
  • Options
    Rehab wrote:
    There is a new 4th Panel up too, which I was surprised to find because it seems like we just had one.

I've gotten used to the PA:TS eps coming when they do now (in fact I was just waiting for this one to go up so I could then get off the computer) which seems strange though, because isn't it something like midnight PST that it goes live? That is scandalously efficient.

Rehab wrote:
    Its nice to see PATV rolling out so much good stuff like it has been lately!

Absolument.

WNskB.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, well I also meant that I expected the next episode to be something that wasn't a fourth panel because we rarely get those back-to-back like this. But those are my favorite episodes anyway so it was a nice surprise and I fully endorse this motion.

Also, holy shit is this one funny! Their wives might not appreciate it so much, but this is easily the best of season three so far.

Rehab on
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    I seem to recall a similar outpouring of negativity towards guest artist "Tiny Kitten Teeth" when they did the lookouts comic.

As I recall, my primary/only problem with the TKT Lookouts comic was that the TKT art style made the comic nigh incomprehensible - it was an action scene, but you simply couldn't tell what was really going on.

Gaslight on
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    I liked this comic. Does that mean I'm a terrible person? It's a refreshing change of pace from the usual PA ones (and I can't say I'm a massive fan of The Trenches yet).

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    My main problem with this (aside from not really being funny) is that it doesn't really have anything to do with Penny Arcade. I mean, it works better as an XKCD guest comic. It just feels really random.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    faitsfaits a panda eating cake seattleRegistered User regular
    Tleilaxu wrote:
    qfvqe.jpg

e592V.jpg

faits.png
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    There's a thread in Social Entropy specifically for comic edits if you wouldn't mind posting them there instead of here.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Holy shit! So I just learned from Tycho's post that Scalzi is writing new books in the Little Fuzzy series! I loved those books. Here's hoping damnthings abound.

They're doing reboots of children's books now? wat

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    forty wrote:

Wikipedia'd Little Fuzzy and this thing looks like a terrifying cross between that one creature from the made for TV Ewok movies and a nightmare:

LittleFuzzy.jpg

And what the heck is up with the lobster?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It looks like the man who is doing the patting is happy that Little Fuzzy has defeated his first enemy in combat or is finally taking up cooking.

Rehab on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    forty wrote:

Wikipedia'd Little Fuzzy and this thing looks like a terrifying cross between that one creature from the made for TV Ewok movies and a nightmare:

LittleFuzzy.jpg

And what the heck is up with the lobster?
    I forget what the lobster thing was called, but on that planet they were an annoying pest, and the fuzzy things hunted them, with weapons and such. Which is important because the planet was supposed to not be inhabited by any sapient species. They're really great books, though the originals are out of print I've heard there's a Project Gutenberg edition.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KnuxorKnuxor Registered User regular
    Hogan44 wrote:

I was about to say... where are all the reasonable people who know things? Coming from the 'blurb' thread, I was starting to lose hope. This comic is the best of the three guest strips so far... if you've read around/know as much about programming as the child in the comic.