As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PA comic: Friday December 16, 2011 - Cryptozoology

• Piggy ChimpPiggy Chimp Registered User regular
    This comic has brightened my day and sent me off to my Christmas party with a smile on my face. Thank you Penny Arcade!

J6ke3.jpg
  • The Good Doctor TranThe Good Doctor Tran Registered User regular
    I will accept this as a birthday comic two weeks early. Unless the comic in two weeks is awesome, in which case we'll exchange.

LoL & Spiral Knights & MC & SMNC: Carrington - Origin: CarringtonPlus - Steam: skdrtran
  • AurichAurich ArizonaRegistered User regular
    I will accept this as a birthday comic two weeks early. Unless the comic in two weeks is awesome, in which case we'll exchange.

No dice. I'm calling dibs on the one two weeks from now just in case! If you want to exchange it's going to cost you a pretty penny.

• TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    That_Guy wrote:
    Oh boy, another comic premised on rape. It sure is topical and funny.
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/21321363#Comment_21321363

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/21323845#Comment_21323845

Third panel in this comic is kind of extraneous, but that's okay, and it's sort of a meta-joke or something so that's good too.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    I like the director's cut of the comic.

• PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    This is an excellent plan. Have your first comic get criticized all over, so the bar is set reallllly low for the rest of your guest strips. I really like this comic. I hope our praise doesn't make you go over the line in terms of the middle panel. It's pretty close to going over the line. And using the word 'meh' almost killed the whole comic. But I will pretend it was used to purposely look terrible. Ironically.

jCyyTSo.png
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    That_Guy wrote:

Third panel in this comic is kind of extraneous, but that's okay, and it's sort of a meta-joke or something so that's good too.

Doth protest too much.

Oh brilliant
  • RehabRehab Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Rehab on
    NNID: Rehab0
  • 2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular
    That_Guy wrote:

That's how you do an internet burn.

• jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    Glorious.

• agilemaniaagilemania Lyon EstatesRegistered User regular
    The three-panel version was ok, but it was really missing the payoff of the WoW/SWTOR joke. The Director's Cut nailed it.

• SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    :D : the extended version, and the paragraph revealing it

D: : humpty dumpty having nipples

SaraLuna on
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    What. What the hell is that? They know they don't have to do three panels, right? Why don't they post that as the main comic? Because that's just more good stuff.

jCyyTSo.png
  • wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    Oh man, the extended version is 100 times better. I'm with Pika, why in the world didn't they just stick with the long version?

• Roger WilcoRoger Wilco Registered User regular
    No, no it's not rape. The egg is wearing bdsm clothes. This is just fantasy roleplaying.

And the comic was good, by the way.

• TleilaxuTleilaxu Registered User regular
    The director's cut is a quality comic, hands down. I just wish it was at normal resolution, it seems squished.

checkpointangrybirds.gif
  • SticksSticks I'd rather be in bed.Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    if you zoom in, it doesn't seem to lose any much resolution. at least in chrome.

Sticks on
    Sticks wrote:
    if you zoom in, it doesn't seem to lose any much resolution. at least in chrome.
    For a second I was scared you were talking about getting a closer look at the nipples or something, then I realized you were talking about the director's cut and my life became better.

• Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    The extended edition was the shit, my sirs.

Fuck off and die.
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    That_Guy wrote:

Too good a burn to not get recognized.

Sticks wrote:
    For a second I was scared you were talking about getting a closer look at the nipples or something, then I realized you were talking about the director's cut and my life became better.

But just look at the resolution loss, it's ridiculous!

WARNING: this is exactly what TychoCelchuuu does not want to see.
    We've been robbed of 50% of precious nipple surface area. You can hardly tell if they're erect anymore, and that's just a travesty.

KK6rI.jpg

checkpointangrybirds.gif
    Actually that's not so bad, at that size they look like eyes.

• Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    agilemania wrote:
    The three-panel version was ok, but it was really missing the payoff of the WoW/SWTOR joke. The Director's Cut nailed it.

really, this version is so much better - love the SW joke

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • PandabearcakesPandabearcakes Registered User regular
    agilemania wrote:

They should have posted this version. I like it a lot.

• AshokaAshoka A Hub subforum that works? Registered User regular
    No, no it's not rape. The egg is wearing bdsm clothes. This is just fantasy roleplaying.

Yeah I was going to make this point. Dumpty's got a motherfucking whip yo.

WNskB.jpg
    edited December 2011
    The Fruit Fucker just craves that tasty extract.

Rehab on
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Technically, it's not Humpty Dumpty, it's Humping Dumply

just saying.

• AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    The three panel comic was great, but the extended version was absolutely amazing. Wonder why they didn't just go with the extended version as the main strip?

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • AshokaAshoka A Hub subforum that works? Registered User regular
    Aegeri wrote:
    The three panel comic was great, but the extended version was absolutely amazing. Wonder why they didn't just go with the extended version as the main strip?

Because if you let one do it then they all want to do it. Next thing you know these strips are eating the last of the cookies and leaving their wet towels on the floor.

WNskB.jpg
    edited December 2011
    Although I like the extended edition, sometimes shorter is better. I wouldn't say it was "Buckleyed" or anything (the last comic I would say was however, and it was only three panels long) but I like it ending with their dig at . . . well, us really. It also leaves you to imagine a terrible joke that they could have executed.

I also find it amusing that it is snarky with a capital "S" in the last panel. I don't know why, its just kind of funny.

PikaPuff wrote:
    And using the word 'meh' almost killed the whole comic. But I will pretend it was used to purposely look terrible. Ironically.

Maybe I'm just weird, but "ya" bugs me more than "meh" does (which I don't actually mind too much really). I think its because I see "meh" as just being "eh" but with more emphasis; while "ya" is like a sort of half word for someone too lazy to type out "yeah" or use another word.

Rehab on
  • godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Agree with Langly. Comics about what you're going to do for a comic need to be exceptionally funny to be good. Middle panel was just okay. Much better than Wednesday's, however.

• SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    godmode wrote:
    Agree with Langly. Comics about what you're going to do for a comic need to be exceptionally funny to be good.

YWvQX.jpg

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Tossrock wrote:
    You should all be ashamed of yourselves for liking a comic that blatantly promotes crêpe culture.

I'm gonna go to the awesome post forum and I hope this is in there.

Also, what the fuck is with people going Siskel and Ebert on these guest comics? Holy shit.

• DaltonCarlDaltonCarl Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    ----

DaltonCarl on
  • HamjuHamju Registered User regular
    To me this comic seemed too much like an advertisement for their own stuff (especially the extended version) than an actual comic. I mean, I think it would be improved if all there was was one large picture of the middle panel. I don't understand why you would even mention yourself or your own products in a guest comic. Seems lazy and kinda cheap. But it was still better than Wednesday.

kekekesigshortercuzthinsacunt.jpg
    SabreMau wrote:
    godmode wrote:
    Agree with Langly. Comics about what you're going to do for a comic need to be exceptionally funny to be good.
    YWvQX.jpg

You need to be renamed Encyclopedia PArcadia or something.

checkpointangrybirds.gif
    edited December 2011
    That comic actually stands out quite a bit for me, but it is one of my absolute favorites.

Rehab on
  • HamjuHamju Registered User regular
    SabreMau wrote:
    godmode wrote:

YWvQX.jpg

215086122_ntv5S-L-2.jpg

kekekesigshortercuzthinsacunt.jpg
  • FandeathisFandeathis Registered User regular
    Wow, a good guest comic! I liked the extended version a bit less, but either way this was cool.

You fuck wit' Die Antwoord, you fuck wit' da army.
  • KnaraKnara Registered User regular
    That_Guy wrote:

That's how you do an internet burn.

I may be late to the party, but it's never too late to recognize amazing feats of Internet skills.