As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Trenches Comic: Thursday, December 15, 2011 - Rodentia

Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
edited December 2011 in The Penny Arcade Hub
Some guy.
Robert Khoo on

• DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Khoo got fed up waiting for y'all's bitch asses.

Introducing... The Mascot

• Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    It's so true.

Some guy.
  • RehabRehab Registered User regular
    Now they have a feral office baby and a bunny!

NNID: Rehab0
  • AurichAurich ArizonaRegistered User regular
    Rehab wrote:
    Now they have a feral office baby and a bunny!

Have you ever seen them in the same place at the same time?

• agilemaniaagilemania Lyon EstatesRegistered User regular
    And now that we know the last employee on the "New Readers" page, will it be decoded?

Mr. Toots' entry: "He is a real rabbit. I don't know what to tell you; I was outvoted."

• ColumbariusColumbarius Registered User new member
    Hate to be pedantic but ... Lagomorpha. Magic testing bunny is a good mascot though.

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Is this the first Tale From The Trenches to actually identify the company and game it's talking about?

Oh brilliant
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Is this the first Tale From The Trenches to actually identify the company and game it's talking about?

I think so, except for the one where he was led to an office that was completely barren which was identified as FASA I think.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    bun bun!

jCyyTSo.png
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Is forcing a cute animal to do games testing cruelty to animals? Should the SPCA be called in?

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • KochikensKochikens Registered User regular

Yeah I don't actually know how I feel about it, considering how easy itd be to find the name of the "bad guy" in this story.

but whatever, BUNNY!!!!!

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    PikaPuff wrote:
    bun bun!

Nah, Bun Bun has grey markings, not brown. Also both ears are grey and why am I typing this?
    Nobody cares about this. I'm nerding out over a web comic rabbit. What the hell is wrong with me?

see317 on
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    wookit the bunny

• Piggy ChimpPiggy Chimp Registered User regular
    Scott, you have made me smile! That bunny is delightful.

J6ke3.jpg
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Oh snapple, that bunny is a member of the cast?

I had assumed Reception Lady was the final portfolio.

Oh brilliant
  • AshokaAshoka A Hub subforum that works? Registered User regular
    Hate to be pedantic but ... Lagomorpha. Magic testing bunny is a good mascot though.

I thought exactly the same thing. (But then, I also just totally don't 'get' the entirety of this series.)

WNskB.jpg
  • yob_ymmityob_ymmit Registered User new member
    Is this somehow Bun Bun from Sluggy Freelance? (http://sluggy.com/)

Because if it is there is going to be trouble in the trenches...

• GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Kinda surprised the rabbit doesn't have a carrot nose.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • AshokaAshoka A Hub subforum that works? Registered User regular
    Gyral wrote:

*a-boom-tish*

WNskB.jpg
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Gyral wrote:

Well now you know why they have to keep it in a cage.

• emskadittleemskadittle QA Lead Registered User regular
    Aegeri wrote:
    Is forcing a cute animal to do games testing cruelty to animals? Should the SPCA be called in?

Forcing anyone/thing to do testing would be cruel and unusual punishment

I am not criticising your work, I am testing it!
  • emskadittleemskadittle QA Lead Registered User regular
    I have been in one of those meetings, where we are all gathered in the wherehouse and told our services are no longer needed. I am no so sure i would be cheering for the people that got keep their jobs because that will be just a couple of extra weeks of agony for them.

I am not criticising your work, I am testing it!
  • AurichAurich ArizonaRegistered User regular
    I have been in one of those meetings, where we are all gathered in the wherehouse and told our services are no longer needed.

Legend has it EA once did this with a studio they acquired, only they gathered them in the parking lot. I wonder if at that point, it isn't actually a courtesy to can them so close to their vehicles.

• SticksSticks I'd rather be in bed.Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Out there, if they get angry and trash things, it's only their own vehicles.

Someone probably got a tidy little bonus for minimizing the risk of laying off that many people simultaneously.

Sticks on
  • Skelly BSkelly B Registered User regular
    Ashoka wrote:

I thought exactly the same thing. (But then, I also just totally don't 'get' the entirety of this series.)

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

• HamjuHamju Registered User regular
    Kochikens wrote:

Yeah I don't actually know how I feel about it, considering how easy itd be to find the name of the "bad guy" in this story.

but whatever, BUNNY!!!!!

*spends 3 minutes on wikipedia*

Yeah, that was easy.

kekekesigshortercuzthinsacunt.jpg
  • GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    There was a blog from a former Realtime Worlds employee detailing some of the early trouble and the completely dysfunctional culture at Realtime Worlds which I read a while back. It was fascinating stuff.

Ah, still have the link. http://lukehalliwell.wordpress.com/2010/09/15/where-realtime-worlds-went-wrong/

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Interesting read; that Dave was a real ass. I didn't follow the story too closely when it first came out as I didn't have any interest in the game, but sounds like a good team got wrecked by success.

• ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    I will never cease to be amazed how a company could have had as much money as APB and produced as little content as APB had

It's like they started and stopped with the decal system