As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[STEAM] Maxed out like your credit card. Go post in the new thread!

• Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    Zenitram wrote:
    Shogun is awesome, but goddamn does it take a long time to load every screen. Anything that can fix this?

And do we get one more daily deal, or does the Winter sale start in 45 minutes?

Yeah, I've got the long loading times too. Spoils what is otherwise a cracking game.

What're your system specs?

• KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    I hope they have Heroes of Might and Magic 6 on sale :D

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Gaslight wrote:
    Gaslight wrote:
    You can make giveaways on Steamgifts which can only be entered by members of a certain Steam community group.

How do I join said PA group?

Well, I mean, you can make a giveaway for any group.

The main Steam PA group is just called Penny Arcade. You need someone to invite you to it. Which I would do, except we don't appear to be friends on Steam. You should link to your profile so people can friend you.
    Done and done, Steam info in my sig.
    I don't know if I was added or not in the last thread, just checking.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    A huge thank you to the ever classy @iolo for the gift of Demigod.

I feel like a horrible person because I've been playing TOR for the past few days and didn't even notice he had sent it. Thank you again.

• TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Whoops it's a new thread while I was asleep. New thread comic!

steamgifting.jpg

• GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    @TychoCelchuuu is a uniquely talented individual.

• Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    Ha, that's tangfastic @TychoCelchuuu , and very true.

• CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Dead Island is 20 bucks daily deal. Not a shabby way to end the contest.

• Minor SecondMinor Second Registered User regular
    TNTrooper, Mangaroon and myself are looking for one more to get in on a Demigod 4-pack.

• Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Corpekata wrote:
    Dead Island is 20 bucks daily deal. Not a shabby way to end the contest.

The cheap bastard in me disagrees. That is still 4x what I'm willing to pay for that game. And that's me being generous. Frankly they ought to be paying me to play it at this point. >.>

Triple B on
    Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Think it'll be cheaper than this at Xmas?

I want Dead Island, but already have a backlog the size of Newell's sweat pants.

Alt joke;

but already have a backlog as untouched as Newell's sweat pants.

Oh brilliant
  • The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular

I want Dead Island, but already have a backlog the size of Newell's sweat pants.

Alt joke;

While it makes sense that he would wear sweat pants, I hear he doesn't because he wears out the crotch too quickly.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011

Alt joke;

While it makes sense that he would wear sweat pants, I hear he doesn't because he wears out the crotch too quickly.

Guys. Gaben doesn't do sweats because he has a closet full of moneysuits.

Like these, but much, much bigger:

money-suit_opt.jpg

And made of Benjis, not Washingtons.

minor incident on
    Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • BarneyLBarneyL Registered User regular
    Only one hour left for the Terraria giveaway and still only five entrants:

http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/4WR0J/terraria

steam_sig.png
  • APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    Guys, I'm stuck between excited and terrified.

This is my first Winter Sale.

All your stories... I'm about to experience it all for the first time.

As a side note, I want to reinforce that people should make it obvious from their Steam Account who they are on these forums - preferably by changing their Steam Screen Name to match their forum ID. Given how fast you have to move to outgift people like Minor Incident and Iolo, I'm gonna really lean towards people I can recognize right from the Checkout Screen.

Also, please Newell, let SPAZ hit 5 bucks.

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Guys, I'm stuck between excited and terrified.

This is my first Winter Sale.

All your stories... I'm about to experience it all for the first time.

As a side note, I want to reinforce that people should make it obvious from their Steam Account who they are on these forums - preferably by changing their Steam Screen Name to match their forum ID. Given how fast you have to move to outgift people like Minor Incident and Iolo, I'm gonna really lean towards people I can recognize right from the Checkout Screen.

Also, please Newell, let SPAZ hit 5 bucks.

Girder your loins, boys, for we stand upon the precipice of an age of new and untold horrors. Many of us won't survive the Sale, but those that do will earn their place at the table of the Newell.

My brothers and sisters: Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of Sale! Once more unto the sale, dear friends. ONCE MORE!

• stopgapstopgap Registered User regular
    So, I just added the cool signature thing. I am so excited for this sale, and So entirely sure I will have NO money available... this sucks.

steam_sig.png
  • BarneyLBarneyL Registered User regular
    This will be my third Steam Christmas sale, I suspect we're in for quite a ride this time around. Especially if those big low priced gift packs make a comeback.

steam_sig.png
    edited December 2011
    APO, grab someone and hold on tight. It's a wild ride, but it's exaggerated. Most of us survive.

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant
    edited December 2011
    APO, grab someone here, and hold on tight. It's a wild ride, but it's exaggerated. Most of us survive.

Technically speaking, everyone "survives".

But some go bankrupt and have their houses repossessed.

minor incident on
    Technicalities!

Also I did not get a ruling on Dead Island. Yay or nay?

Oh brilliant
  • KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    Cross-posting from Game Deals, since these could count as Steam sales, I guess?

Saints Row 3 PC Download 30$ (Steamworks)

Space Marine PC Download 25$ (also steamworks)

www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • PsiberianPsiberian Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    So excited for the sale.
    Everyone make sure that your wishlists are up to date.

Psiberian on
    camo_sig2.png
    Technicalities!

It's a very good game. More RPG than you might expect at first glance, with the best melee combat in a video game since Riddick.

It does have flaws, and a few bugs, but if you're interested, I think $20 is fair. Any cheaper would be a steal.

• CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    I'd say it's a guarentee SPAZ hits 5 bucks. It had a price drop from 15 to 10 dollars. It has a Xmas achievement. It'll hit at least 50 percent off sometime during the sale.

• RoyceX7RoyceX7 Registered User regular
    What's the point of stacking the winter objectives in such a rush that some are working on? The rewards would be on a 1st come 1st serve basis?

Steam: RoyceX7

steam_sig.png
    Technicalities!

Yay WHILE rubbing your nipples.

Corpekata wrote:
    I'd say it's a guarentee SPAZ hits 5 bucks. It had a price drop from 15 to 10 dollars. It has a Xmas achievement. It'll hit at least 50 percent off sometime during the sale.

This is great news!

Actually, I think I'm looking forward even more to discovering games I'd never thought of before via Sale than clearing wishlist games.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    APO, grab someone here, and hold on tight. It's a wild ride, but it's exaggerated. Most of us survive.

They call em survivors... but when you look in their eyes, you can tell a part of them didn't make it out, like they've seen one to many horrors, far too many frozen credit cards, and too many friends lost to too many game banks.

• heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    I've got good news and bad news. Bad news, my PC is in the shop until tommorow afternoon.

Good news, New graphic card will be installed, AND it'll be back just in time for the initial steam freaking out and exploding period should be over!

M A G I K A Z A M
  • RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular

Don't forget the inevitable divorces.

• starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    I really want to grab spacemarine, but I have a feeling that I'll be able to get it cheaper by the time I get around to actually playing it.

but then again 25 bucks.

camo_sig2.png

Don't forget the inevitable divorces.

When I get married, I'm going to have a Steam Sale clause in my prenup

• datac0redatac0re Registered User regular

They call em survivors... but when you look in their eyes, you can tell a part of them didn't make it out, like they've seen one to many horrors, far too many frozen credit cards, and too many friends lost to too many game banks.

My backlog is already a thing of legends, and this sale is seriously going to wreck me.
    But I'm still going to enjoy it.

datac0re wrote:

My backlog is already a thing of legends, and this sale is seriously going to wreck me.

At least after this sale, we have a good long break until the Summer Sale to clear our backlogs a bit.

• DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    I may get Batman AA if it gets a good enough discount.

For the most part I think I'll be filling in the corners on my Gamebank.

Well, we'll see what happens.

• SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    How long is the Winter sale supposed to last? Don't get paid until Tuesday...

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Skeith wrote:

hi5! You n me both. Its ten days I believe.

Skeith wrote:

Until after New Years. January 2nd or 3rd I think

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    datac0re wrote:

At least after this sale, we have a good long break until the Summer Sale to clear our backlogs a bit.

you poor naive soul. The winter sale is coming.

This discussion has been closed.