As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NFL] 2007: II

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Gosling wrote:
    zepherin wrote:
    This NFLN block is bullshit.

I know. THIS was what we were supposed to raise a giant stink to the cable companies over? I saw we got it on our cable package, I was intrigued, and about a day or two later I was just done.

One-sport networks live and die on the ability to show games live, any game, anywhere in the league, whenever they feel like. The NFL is not structured to be able to do this. At all. RedZone is the closest they can come and that's a chaotic mess for the Sunday afternoon games only. NFL Network itself basically goes dark for the early games. And then they show reruns of all those games they didn't show over the course of the rest of the week, after people have gotten done watching them live.

And the NFL isn't nearly as anecdote-laden as the other sports, which is death when the offseason hits. That's the price they pay for depersonalizing the players. 'Hey, remember that time when.... um... er.... let's check the fantasy report again, on second thought.'
    Right, and the only way to make the NFL stop doing this shit is to not buy it. Let the NFL not make very much money on this bullshit, and go back to offering the games on networks.

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    no aaron rodgers
    no you may not have the day off

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    The Titans are looking terribly anemic.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    Word out of Chicago is that Johnny Knox basically got broken in half backwards. There's a link to a GIF of it. I don't want to look. Everyone that has is in general agreement that Knox's career is over.

I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    WAS v. NYG or CIN v. STL... which should I watch?

• Options
    PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    Gosling wrote:
    Word out of Chicago is that Johnny Knox basically got broken in half backwards. There's a link to a GIF of it. I don't want to look. Everyone that has is in general agreement that Knox's career is over.

I nearly puked seeing it.

He got bent backwards from the middle of his back.

It reminded me of Dead Space almost where there was half of a ... thing ... on the ground crawling towards you, only Knox didn't crawl.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    oldmanken wrote:
    WAS v. NYG or CIN v. STL... which should I watch?

That's tough, I'd actually go with the WAS game just because of Sexy Rexy. 2 int's early in the game, but then he threw a perfect corner ball to Santana Moss.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah, that's what I am going with... hell of an interception catch by WAS.

• Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    All right, Packers, stop messing around. Let's start actually beating these guys now. Let's not lose to Kyle Orton.

I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Gosling wrote:

I'm actually curious to see it.

Edit: Nm, found it with Google. That was awful....holy crap.

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Heir wrote:
    Gosling wrote:

And now to blow your mind. And everyone else's.

WBBM reporting that Knox has movement in arms and legs.
    ESPN.com reporting Knox is probable for the second half.

Gosling on
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Why didn't KC just kick the damn field goal? Put yourself up by 2 scores on GB before half. It's not a TD but it is smart play.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Heir wrote:
    Gosling wrote:

i don't think his career's over - definitely not gonna be playing for a couple weeks, possibly rest of year but he's got feeling in his arms and legs and was taken to the hospital for "precautionary" reasons

edit: damn, beat

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    Gosling wrote:
    Heir wrote:
    Gosling wrote:

And now to blow your mind. And everyone else's.

WBBM reporting that Knox has movement in arms and legs.
    ESPN.com reporting Knox is probable for the second half.

Wow! I gotta say...maybe it was just the angle of the camera but that hit looked life threatening when it happened. For him to even have feeling in his extremities is amazing. I really hope he's ok.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Heir wrote:
    Gosling wrote:

Deadspin has the video. I felt lunch coming back up when I saw it.

Dammit, Chiefs, get in the friggin endzone.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    What are the Chiefs doing to Rodgers? Or is it the weather?

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    aauughhh grrooossssss

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    Hey look, the Bills just can't get anything going! What a surprise! :(

• Options
    Titans 6 - Colts 3

ugh

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Annnnd now I've been ambushed with the clip. Ye gods.

• Options
    Does anyone have the lyrics to that play60 "Bus" commercial?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    zeenyzeeny Registered User regular

Nope. It's the refs. 3 games today are getting heavily handicapped by refs.

• Options
    Depending on what happens with the late games, Houston looks set to hand off the #1 seed to somebody else.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    No Jennings not helping Aaron so far

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    Yay, AJ Green is ok. Watching him be a freak numbs the pain of the Bengals playing themselves out of the playoffs.

Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
  • Options
    zeeny wrote:

Not helping that Finley is dropping passes.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    As awful as the Packers offense has been? Still only six points down. The defense has held enough and the Chiefs have made enough stupid penalties that we're still one drive away from the lead.

EDIT: And there it is. Chiefs left the Packers one too many openings.

Gosling on
  • Options
    lost in the Rodgers/Tebow shuffle is how absolutely insane Drew Brees is playing. My God

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    y2jake215 wrote:
    lost in the Rodgers/Tebow shuffle is how absolutely insane Drew Brees is playing. My God

Yeah he's been pretty amazing this year.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Heir wrote:
    zeeny wrote:

Butterfingers.

edit:
    As awful as the Packers offense has been?

Difficult to play when you get holds and pushes on every single down and the refs don't give a fuck.

zeeny on
  • Options
    Dammit, Titans, stop losing!

y2jake215 wrote:

I think he accounted for 50% of my fantasy football production, or something like that.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Agggghhhh!

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    zeeny wrote:
    Heir wrote:
    zeeny wrote:

Butterfingers.

edit:

Difficult to play when you get holds and pushes on every single down and the refs don't give a fuck.

Or maybe they should start catching passes.

ygPIJ.gif
  • Options
    Elki wrote:

Been getting help all game long and still losing. Terrible performance.

• Options
    zeeny wrote:
    Heir wrote:
    zeeny wrote:

Butterfingers.

edit:

Or maybe they should start catching passes.

Difficult when the guy puts you on the ground as soon as the ball is in the air on the short plays.

• Options
    Elki wrote:

y2jake215 wrote:

I think he accounted for 50% of my fantasy football production, or something like that.

24-29, 332 yards, 5 TDs, 0 INT, 0 sacks, 10 minutes remaining in 3rd quarter. Last 4 games before that he averaged 336 yards, 11 total TDs, no picks. Nuts

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Elki wrote:
    Depending on what happens with the late games, Houston looks set to hand off the #1 seed to somebody else.

:D
    If the Ravens, Pats and Texans won out itd be Ravens-Pats-Texans based on... strength of victory. A loss doesn't directly help the Pats but it gives a tiny hint of breathing room for that bye

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    Man, Cassel has got to be wondering where the hell the Chiefs O-line today has been all year. Orton's been getting all day to throw today, wheras Cassel had people on him within seconds.

ygPIJ.gif
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote:

Brees and Brady are going to break Marinos passing yards record and Rodgers is still clearly outplaying them this year.

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    Man, what the fuck?

smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.