As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[STEAM] Maxed out like your credit card. Go post in the new thread!

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Ketar wrote:
    Do we need to get ALL the achievements to get a prize in this Winter Objective thing?

Cause A; I don't own most of those games, and B; fuckin' SMB has an impossible one.

Which SMB achievement are you guys talking about? The one to just beat an XMAS level is super easy if you cheat by jumping over the columns in the Sweater level. It took me less than 40 seconds to get it, and I don't really like platformers and have never played SMB before (just got it in the latest Humble Bundle).

I think there's another achievement for beating all of the Xmas levels though, and, well, fuck that one.

Beating all of the Kids Xmas levels IN ONE SITTING

• APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote:
    I'm actually super terrible about setting my Steam as away, in so much as I never do it ever basically.

Also minor are you on Shadowlands?

Same here. I never ever remember to set myself as away, which is probably even more confusing for people since as a waiter I'm often working nights.

• TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Ketar wrote:
    Do we need to get ALL the achievements to get a prize in this Winter Objective thing?

Cause A; I don't own most of those games, and B; fuckin' SMB has an impossible one.

Which SMB achievement are you guys talking about? The one to just beat an XMAS level is super easy if you cheat by jumping over the columns in the Sweater level. It took me less than 40 seconds to get it, and I don't really like platformers and have never played SMB before (just got it in the latest Humble Bundle).

I think there's another achievement for beating all of the Xmas levels though, and, well, fuck that one.

Not just beating them all, but beating them all in one sitting. Never leaving the Xmas world.

I would be stuck there for DAYS.

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Maddoc wrote:
    I'm actually super terrible about setting my Steam as away, in so much as I never do it ever basically.

Yeah. I've got a Jedi knight (lvl 7, I think) on Shadowlands named Mi'nor and a Sith warrior on Helm of Garrusushagsuh named BieberFett (Korriban's teen Sith-pop sensation).

What's your character?

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    JRosey wrote:
    Am I doing this right? Payday: The Heist giveaway!??!

http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/tAemg/payday-the-heist

Nice giveaway!

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote:

Yeah. I've got a Jedi knight (lvl 7, I think) on Shadowlands named Mi'nor and a Sith warrior on Helm of Garrusushagsuh named BieberFett (Korriban's teen Sith-pop sensation).

What's your character?

I got screwed out of the early access by Gamestop, so I won't be on until Tuesday.

At least I have Tuesday off so I'll have all day with it.

• AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Why is everyone getting so excited about the Steam sale? We all know you're not going to buy anything but the daily deals until the last day.

• rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    JRosey wrote:

Great giveaway, entered! Thanks!

steam_sig.png
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Maddoc wrote:
    Maddoc wrote:

What's your character?

I got screwed out of the early access by Gamestop, so I won't be on until Tuesday.

At least I have Tuesday off so I'll have all day with it.

Aw, that sucks. Definitely hop on Shadowlands with us when you get on. I haven't managed to hook up with anyone from the PA guild yet because I'm still in the starter area. It's a lot of fun so far, though. Considering I actively dislike MMOs, I'm surprised how addicted I'm getting to this game.

Why is everyone getting so excited about the Steam sale? We all know you're not going to buy anything but the daily deals until the last day.

Steam sale means somewhere in the order of nine to fifteen daily deals though, instead of one.

Maddoc wrote:

Steam sale means somewhere in the order of nine to fifteen daily deals though, instead of one.

And this is the thread that shredded 200 pages in the lull BETWEEN the autumn and winter sales.

• PrjctD_CaptainPrjctD_Captain iFizzRegistered User regular
    Maddoc wrote:

And this is the thread that shredded 200 pages in the lull BETWEEN the autumn and winter sales.

Surfer style?

Steam: BrightWing
    PSN: BrightWing13 FFX|V:ARR Bright Asuna
  • starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    I wish steam gifts let me set up a friends only giveaway. individual codes is TOO MASH WERK

camo_sig2.png
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote:

Yeah, it's amazing how having halfway decent dailies made the traffic so much higher

steam_sig.png
  • heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    JRosey wrote:

Oh wonderful. I want to enter this, but steam won't give me my code to let me log in on a new PC.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Holy shit I am back in the game guys and gals. Let the sale commence! :D
    My sister is the bestest. Asked her to help me out by transferring so money over to my account to cover the charges. She gave me four times as much as I asked and refuses to take it back <3

I still have a nasty cough and a banging headache but dammit, I feel good. Bring on the sale!
    Saying that , if you send me a gift and I don't respond for a while, or I don't post for a few days its probably to do with what happened last year around this time (for which I can't thank you guys enough for all the support and messages). I think we're planning on a few days away so I may be unable to respond through steam but through the forums shouldn't be a problem.

• Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    Ah, Steam Sale season.

I remember last year. I never did tally my final cost, but I do know that the number of games I owned quadrupled. I spent waaaaaay too much...

Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote:

You're automatically set as away if you're not doing anything on your computer for 5 minutes. Snooze is the same, but for about two hours.

Ah, Steam Sale season.

I remember last year. I never did tally my final cost, but I do know that the number of games I owned quadrupled. I spent waaaaaay too much...

I refuse to ever tally the amount I spent last year between Thanksgiving and Christmas

All I know is that if I did it would be some kind of absurd number

• AsheAshe Registered User regular
    Terrified and excited! Terrified because I only have a tiny smidgeon of money to spend, excited because of the "ooh, what do I buy? WHAT DO I BUY?!" (In Nicolas Cage "how did it burn?!" Wicker Man voice)

Some serious tactical spending going to be involved!

steam_sig.png
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    The only things I really want are Space Marine and Skyrim. Have a bit too much of a backlog at the moment.

Dead Island for cheaper would be nice, and maybe some nice indie games like the Gundemonium Collection. And Tau Commander on the cheap for last stand.

SkutSkut on
    I doubt Dead Island will be any cheaper than it is right this second, to be honest.

• AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    Hard Reset, Recettear, and Ghostbusters are the games I want the most.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    They said the same thing about Super Meat Boy when it was released and was 33% off for preorder, then it was 75% off the first day of the X-mas sale. People weren't all that happy about that.

edited December 2011
    Yeah, people were pretty salty about that move

Thinking back, actually, Anon the Felon gifted me SMB

But then I had already put something like ten hours into it by the time the Christmas sale rolled around so even had I bought it I doubt I'd be too sussed over it

EDIT: This also reminds me, I'd kill for a tag under the Game Info that tells you who gifted you the game if it was gifted to you. That sort of feature would make me super happy.

Maddoc on
  • Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    I second the motion that I'm looking forward to buying games I wouldn't normally consider. Oh, and SPAZ.

Maddoc wrote:
    EDIT: This also reminds me, I'd kill for a tag under the Game Info that tells you who gifted you the game if it was gifted to you. That sort of feature would make me super happy.

Likewise. I think I've kept good track of people, but would be great to check.

steam_sig.png
  • CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Mainly after older games that'll likely never get a daily deal (like Spellforce) this sale so first day for me lets me know generally what I'll have to spend to get a few of the more obscure titles by the end of the sale.

Corpekata on
    SPAZ is one of my prime targets during the sale too. Other than that, not sure! Mostly it'll be bargain-hunting, or getting excited at any surprisingly low prices.

steam_sig.png
  • CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    For those after Psychonauts Tim Schaefer recently tweeted to expect it to be really cheap during the sale.

• heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    It'll probably one of the dailies, since it's got an achievement.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    I have psychonauts from gog but if it's cheap enough I'll buy it again to have it on steam.

steam_sig.png
  • TPSouTPSou Mr Registered User regular
    What time does the sale go up, is it the same as when the daily deal changes or does it go up at midnight eastern time or something crazy like that?

• OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Tomorrow is the start of the sale, eh

God help us all

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Corpekata wrote:
    For those after Psychonauts Tim Schaefer recently tweeted to expect it to be really cheap during the sale.

Yay! Psychonauts is one of the "you need to play this" things I have never played.

Oh brilliant
  • BullioBullio Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Just got back from watching the Bills lose (again) to find Dead Island sitting my in my notification box from @starmanbrand! Incredibly generous of you sir, and thank you! DI would have been (I'm assuming) one of the more expensive titles I had planned to get during the sale, but this classy gift goes a long way in clearing some much needed space in the budget that I can shift to gifting.

Bullio on
    steam_sig.png
  • HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    Poker Night at The Inventory. First hand.
    I get 2 two K! Seems the Xmas achievement could be at hand.
    The game thinks otherwise...
    XH3CL.jpg
    Four of a Kind. I win but of course no achievement. :?

I don't think anyone has ever yelled "GOD FUCKING DAMNIT" at a 4 of a Kind hand before today.

• John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    Olivaw wrote:
    Tomorrow is the start of the Christmas sale, eh

God help us, everyone

8->

Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote:

Quiet, all of you.

I'm going to be away for a lot of Christmas, so the last day where I snap up everything I'm interested in is basically all I have :(

This discussion has been closed.