As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[STEAM] Maxed out like your credit card. Go post in the new thread!

• CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular

Quiet, all of you.

I'm going to be away for a lot of Christmas, so the last day where I snap up everything I'm interested in is basically all I have :(

All I'm saying is, make a list, check it twice, and confirm your naughty/nice status before leaving.

• DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    Doom and destruction await us all. Remember, a good way to pace yourself, or at least avoid frozen credit cards, is to just add $$ to your Steam Wallet. The only drawback is that it makes it THAT much easier to calculate how much you spent...

camo_sig2.png
  • mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    so gave jamestown a whirl since i had it installed and didn't want to only do a few things in skyrim. its really fun. didnt think iwould enjoy it as much as i did. might have to grab the dlc during the salemaghedon

i unlocked 3 ships so far. dont know which is my favorite but did manage to unlock the christmas cheevo

camo_sig.png
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    DaringDirk wrote:
    Doom and destruction await us all. Remember, a good way to pace yourself, or at least avoid frozen credit cards, is to just add $$ to your Steam Wallet. The only drawback is that it makes it THAT much easier to calculate how much you spent...

I think I'll be doing that this year

It'll be way harder to go over that way

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    The DLC ships are pretty cool

One of them constantly generates up to three bits (barrels) that float around you and shoot whenever you do, and alt fire throws one of the bits forward to explode
    The second one uses its alt fire to charge up homing missiles, you can fire two by just tapping alt fire or charge for up to six I think
    The third ship is insanely fucking good, its alt fire leaves a ghost behind that constantly shoots in front and behind itself, and can be moved by pressing alt fire again, and while you have the ghost active instead of shooting you create a big spectral sword in front of you that damages anything it touches
    The fourth ship is just a randomizer option

Maddoc wrote:
    The DLC ships are pretty cool

One of them constantly generates up to three bits (barrels) that float around you and shoot whenever you do, and alt fire throws one of the bits forward to explode
    The second one uses its alt fire to charge up homing missiles, you can fire two by just tapping alt fire or charge for up to six I think
    The third ship is insanely fucking good, its alt fire leaves a ghost behind that constantly shoots in front and behind itself, and can be moved by pressing alt fire again, and while you have the ghost active instead of shooting you create a big spectral sword in front of you that damages anything it touches
    The fourth ship is just a randomizer option

ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh

camo_sig.png
  • An-DAn-D Enthusiast AshevilleRegistered User regular
    What are the odds of Dead Island getting any cheaper?

• PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Downloaded DoD:S, got the gift achievement and uninstalled again.

Going by what is available on the Steam translation server, it seems like the sale event will be elaborate. You get coal that can be combined to gifts. And you can also trade your coal and gifts.

edited December 2011
    i imagine it will be the same or a couple bucks more expensive so people will curse not buying it

still too rich for my blood

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    SpaceChem Christmas cheevo was simple enough.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • An-DAn-D Enthusiast AshevilleRegistered User regular
    The CYRI says my laptop is too slow to play it anyway.

• symbolsorsymbolsor Registered User regular
    Reposting this from the last thread.
    symbolsor wrote:
    I imagine that most of you already have Cthulu Saves the World/Breath of Death but if you don't, you should totally enter my weekend giveaway for it.

http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/qBvXR/cthulhu-saves-the-world-breath-of-death-vii-double-pack
    Only 8 hours left!

how do you get that? i beat all the puzzles on that planet already

camo_sig.png
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    mts wrote:

Load up your save. Go to the second to last level on that planet. Run the solution you have saved.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • PodunkPodunk Registered User regular
    Thanks to @BarneyL for the gift of Terraria via Steamgifts!

camo_sig2.png
    mts wrote:

Load up your save. Go to the second to last level on that planet. Run the solution you have saved.

well that was easy

camo_sig.png
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Just played a bunch o' Payday with the classy TNTrooper!

Diamond Heist is fuckin' nuts. In terms of plot progression, y'know?

That didn't work. Lets grab that guy.

No, the other guy.

Lets wait a while!

Fun times while we're getting shot, Bain. God dammit.

Oh brilliant
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Just played a bunch o' Payday with the classy TNTrooper!

Diamond Heist is fuckin' nuts. In terms of plot progression, y'know?

That didn't work. Lets grab that guy.

No, the other guy.

Lets wait a while!

Fun times while we're getting shot, Bain. God dammit.

That heist can be done in under 5 minutes without firing a bullet.

It can also just as easily be a complete slog that drains all your ammo that has you hanging on by the skin of your teeth for over half an hour.

I love it.

minor incident on
    Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    We didn't do it in under 5 minutes.

No, we got spotted in about 15 seconds. The rest was a blur.

Oh brilliant
  • MadpandaMadpanda suburbs west of chicagoRegistered User regular
    Not planning on getting any big ticket games this sale so hopefully $50 in the steam wallet will handle indie packs/dlc/cheap dallies.

camo_sig2.png
    Steam/PSN/XBL/Minecraft / LoL / - Benevicious | WoW - Duckwood - Rajhek
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    We had one near-perfect Diamond Heist where none of the gadgets jammed, the codes worked the first time, and we only got spotted toward the end.

I think all said and done it took two minutes.

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Fuck yes, thanks to the magic of Serve's "Here, have 20 bucks everyone!" just got Dead Island for freeeeeee.

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Maddoc wrote:
    We had one near-perfect Diamond Heist where none of the gadgets jammed, the codes worked the first time, and we only got spotted toward the end.

I was a part of that run with you and it was a thing of beauty. One of my favorite gaming moments ever. That one is SO hard to nail, but so very satisfying when you get it. I've only gotten through that smoothly the one time out of at least 20 attempts.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    All this Payday talk has me thinking I'll pick up a four pack if the sale permits. I blame you lot.
    (In a good way)

• NateVaderNateVader Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote:
    Fuck yes, thanks to the magic of Serve's "Here, have 20 bucks everyone!" just got Dead Island for freeeeeee.

...what?

steam_sig.png
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Yeah I think a lot of us are waiting for a daily deal payday 4 pack this sale after all the hype we've had since thanksgiving sale.

And I changed my steam name to match my forum name solely for this occasion.

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    NateVader wrote:
    SniperGuy wrote:

...what?

http://www.serve.com/

AmEx's PayPal competitor. There's another thing somewhere where you do a trivia question and they give you another 10 bucks. Just got my card in the mail today and it worked like a charm. (I can also send you a referral link if you wanna PM me your email).

• PodunkPodunk Registered User regular
    NateVader wrote:
    SniperGuy wrote:

...what?

http://www.reddit.com/r/freebies/comments/n8twv/free_20_see_comments_for_full_instructions/

I didn't do it till Friday afternoon, so I think I have to wait till Monday morning for my other $10 to show up.

camo_sig2.png
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    mts wrote:

It can never be that simple. I'll get sucked back in and get alternatively delighted and frustrated all over again.

camo_sig2.png
    Steam thread

I have a problem

Any time there are finite upgrade resources in a game, I tend to sit on them and just never upgrade anything ever

I'm now having this problem in Orcs Must Die

Do you eventually get enough skulls to upgrade everything? This would make things so much easier on me.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    does serve work on steam or do you have to do some complex combination of withdrawals and voodoo?

do you need the card or can you pay like paypal with that?

camo_sig.png
  • Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    So, Super Meat Boy.

It's quite good, but at times I think that the things it practices should be best left in the past. Unknowable death traps and unavoidable attack patterns aren't fun, they're exercises in self-hate.

When it's good, it's great, but I really don't think the fun makes up for the rage you feel when you fall onto a sawblade you had no reason to think would be there. I guess that's what you should expect when you play SMB, but seriously, I question why it exists.

• rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    shit guys, I bought my wife the latest humble bundle and told her to play bit trip runner, she seems to be enjoying it so far... what have I done????

steam_sig.png
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote:

I was a part of that run with you and it was a thing of beauty. One of my favorite gaming moments ever. That one is SO hard to nail, but so very satisfying when you get it. I've only gotten through that smoothly the one time out of at least 20 attempts.

You gits are selling this so hard. Just a quick question, how big is the file size for the game? Wanna get an idea of how long the download would be.

rikdaly wrote:
    shit guys, I bought my wife the latest humble bundle and told her to play bit trip runner, she seems to be enjoying it so far... what have I done????

started her on the road to epilepsy?

camo_sig.png
  • rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    Lord_Snot wrote:
    So, Super Meat Boy.

It's quite good, but at times I think that the things it practices should be best left in the past. Unknowable death traps and unavoidable attack patterns aren't fun, they're exercises in self-hate.

When it's good, it's great, but I really don't think the fun makes up for the rage you feel when you fall onto a sawblade you had no reason to think would be there. I guess that's what you should expect when you play SMB, but seriously, I question why it exists.

SMB works great that way because you're back in the game so quickly it doesn't even matter, pretty much the whole point of the game is inventing new swear words and laughing at your failure

steam_sig.png
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Aw man, Jamestown is AWESOME. Why didn't anyone tell me?! Thank you humble bundle.

The music, the artwork, the story, the gameplay. This is a badass game.

Steam: offday
  • Vi MonksVi Monks Registered User regular
    Somehow, I'm not in the main Steam group. Blasphemous! Can one of you classy gents rectify this issue?

• Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Am I the only one that treats the Steam Winter achievement things like Christmas morning? I get excited to see what is up for that day, and then scurry to try and finish all the achievements for that day! I don't have much of a family obligation so time isn't a problem for me. I just get giddy before their put up, and going to the page is like opening my gift for that day!

50433.png?1708759015
This discussion has been closed.