As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

3DS Ambassador Fight Round II - It's WarioWare you Rotters! Week 1: Wario/Jimmy/Skipping

Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
edited December 2011 in Games and Technology
warioware.jpg

Stealing from the thing what mntorankusu ran when we got the NES games.

So, we mugs, early adopters, ambassadors have received our free GBA games. And a damn fine collection of gems they are!

Taking advantage of this wave of people having new access to the games at the same time, I reckon it's time to set up a good old fashioned high score table on the game that was practically designed for the task.

250px-Warioware1box.jpg

There being so many different potential scores to chase I propose we split things up a bit. Week by week slowly introducing new games in the order they unlock in the game.

Playing on any valid medium is fine but we'll stick to scores that have been gained since the ambassador games released to keep things a bit more current and dynamic.

It's all just for funs so we're operating on the honour system. Feel free to screenshot any excellent scores but it's in no way a requirement. We'll believe you if you say you got it.

So without further ado, week one's games and some rubbish scores to kick things off.

Wario (Introduction):
220px-BrawlWario.jpg

1) Sangheili91: 108
2) Boognish: 66
3) Jam Warrior: 59
4) ArcSyn: 27

Jimmy (Set 1):
75568605jimmy-t-warioware-smooth-moves-png.png

1) Jam Warrior: 73
2) ArcSyn: 60
3) Sangheili91: 40

Jump Forever:
200px-WWMinigame_JumpForever2.png

1) mntorankusu: 142
2) Sangheili91: 127
3) Jam Warrior: 115

Session one to run until at least Mon 26th Dec but it being the holidays it may run a little longer! After that we'll switch main focus to the next set of games but will still accept scores on the old ones.

Please post scores in a fun colour of your choice and the form [Forum Name]: [Score] for easy copy/pasting.

MhCw7nZ.gif
Jam Warrior on

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Curse that bloody Ski jump on Jimmy's set. It should be so simple but it always gets me!

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Sangheili91Sangheili91 Registered User regular
    Yesssss. I'm on this like white on rice. I'll put up some scores soon.

edited December 2011
    Dug out the old GBA cart and the SP to check my old scores. I have a long way to go to get back to my previous form :P

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Jump Forever

mntorankusu: 135

mntorankusu on
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Poryo is the best game.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
    Jump Forever

mntorankusu: 135

You forgot the fun colors!

• mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    I NEED DIRECTION

I NEED TO BE TOLD EXACTLY WHAT COLORS TO USE, AND WHEN TO USE THEM

Fine! Game colours assigned.

MhCw7nZ.gif
    small improvement

mntorankusu: 142

edited December 2011
    colorsss

Here's my pathetic first attempts:

Sangheili91: 53
    Sangheili91: 40
    Sangheili91: 127

I eagerly await these scores to be smashed to pieces.

Sangheili91 on
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I didn't even realize until just now that it doesn't end after the boss fight if you replay a thing. I had just played the things I hadn't beat and individual games until now.

Just to be sure, when you say Wario, you mean the first one and not the last one, right? I got 25 on the first one on my first try.

Peewi wrote:
    I didn't even realize until just now that it doesn't end after the boss fight if you replay a thing. I had just played the things I hadn't beat and individual games until now.

Just to be sure, when you say Wario, you mean the first one and not the last one, right? I got 25 on the first one on my first try.

Yup, the intro set.

MhCw7nZ.gif
    Might want to clarify that Jimmy means the first one, too. There are three Jimmies.

• BoognishBoognish Registered User regular
    Boognish: 66

Spotlight gets me almost every time!

3DS: 5026-4424-9805
    Update for Wario

Sangheili91: 108

Fuck yeah

Holy balls!

Ah well, at least for now I can take the top spot on Jimmy.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    ArcSyn: 27
    ArcSyn: 60

I am terrible at these games. I can't get past the tier after Jimmy..

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    edited December 2011
    Keep at it Arc! It's all about practice.

Also my brain cannot fathom how the hell you managed that Wario score Sangheili. As soon as I hit around 50 my reactions just can't keep up with a number of the games in that set and death comes swiftly. You somehow managed to keep going for another 50 games beyond that.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
    Keep at it Arc! It's all about practice.

Also my brain cannot fathom how the hell you managed that Wario score Sangheili. As soon as I hit around 50 my reactions just can't keep up with a number of the games in that set and death comes swiftly. You somehow managed to keep going for another 50 games beyond that.

I'm not entirely sure either. Around the 60 mark it just becomes a goal of making it to the next boss round. After 70 or 80 you realize the game literally cannot go any faster, so I was just kinda cruisin'. After I hit 100 I seriously thought I would be able to play indefinitely, but I made a few stupid errors and that gave me a game over.

The lack of people participating in this makes me sad. People were all about the Balloon Fight competition!

Indeed. Too much Christmas distraction? Or maybe too many other good GBA games stealing people's time.

Oh well. I'll be futilely trying too chase that Wario score during the week at least.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    My 60 score was for Jump Forever, not Jimmy. As much as I like having my name at #2, I haven't made it that far yet. :P

4dm3dwuxq302.png