As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Marvel Vs Capcom Thread Of Believing in Mike Ross

• Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    So a marginal character gets a huge nerf and an overpowered one gets no nerfs at all?

Can't say I'm surprised, but at this point I can't really see much of a reason to spend much time with this game any more. Even when Dark Phoenix was still pretty overpowered, she got used a helluva lot less than Wesker does now. So damned tired of fighting, and losing, to magical XF3 Weskers.

• DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Bizazedo wrote:
    I hate the very concept of invincible assists, so can't say I am broken up over it. Especially after seeing some of the setups that virtually guaranteed getting him enough time to get the evidence and only have to figure out a way to land an Objection.

That being said, he should've been given something else to make up for it.

maya shield comes out a little faster was the only compensation he got iirc

but yeah, FULLY invincible assists are retarded. I would have been ok with his still being like that on startup though

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    And just to get all my Capcom hate out at once, I hope you werent looking forward to Magneto, Firebrand, Arthur or Hulks ALTS tomorrow!

http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelston/blog/2011/12/19/ultimate_mvc3_ancient_warrior_costume_pack_delayed_until_march_6

It's been delayed until MARCH, and Magnetos costume is being removed. Magneto will not be getting an Alt.

So removing one costume - which is already on the disc - from an unlock file, will now take 3.5 months.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    So a marginal character gets a huge nerf and an overpowered one gets no nerfs at all?

Can't say I'm surprised, but at this point I can't really see much of a reason to spend much time with this game any more. Even when Dark Phoenix was still pretty overpowered, she got used a helluva lot less than Wesker does now. So damned tired of fighting, and losing, to magical XF3 Weskers.

Please tell me that you'll continue to bitch and moan about it though. I don't know what we'll do without it.

Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular

Please tell me that you'll continue to bitch and moan about it though. I don't know what we'll do without it.

Rest assured, I will do my very best to gripe about Capcom's complete unconcern with helping their favorite character take a shit on the game.

Rest assured, I will do my very best to gripe about Capcom's complete unconcern with helping their favorite character take a shit on the game.

Fantastic. I wish you the best in your quest to make yourself as miserable as possible.

Characters I hate:

• No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    As the best marvel player my word is law and shit be whack

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Learning that the H&H mode can't be played with friends takes the winds out of my sail. I don't want to fight randoms. I spent a reasonable amount of time this afternoon card hunting so i could jam with some friends later on tonight. I cannot understand the decision to not have a local mode for it (Casuals love Test your luck in MK, for comparison).

Only bad capcom news today.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    Bizazedo wrote:
    I hate the very concept of invincible assists, so can't say I am broken up over it. Especially after seeing some of the setups that virtually guaranteed getting him enough time to get the evidence and only have to figure out a way to land an Objection.

That being said, he should've been given something else to make up for it.

maya shield comes out a little faster was the only compensation he got iirc

but yeah, FULLY invincible assists are retarded. I would have been ok with his still being like that on startup though
    It wasn't FULLY invincible as it was invincible in the back, but I'd definitely take limited invincibility or even hyper armor rather than what we've got.

I played a bit of Phoenix Wright today. In the one match where I barely managed to scrounge together enough evidence, Wesker smacked him around when he was called as an assist, and immediately killed him upon coming in with the Wesker/Spencer mixup.

Fuck this game.

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
    Mine just had Justin Wong throw his Taskmaster out of a super, so if he had turbo on he wouldve teched it. So I guess not.

Git ready fer DRAMA

Wouldn't you still have to push the H button and a direction anyway? Also having anything on turbo blows my combos up when I tested it.

sirtoons.png
  • SixfortyfiveSixfortyfive Registered User regular
    Can't say I'm surprised, but at this point I can't really see much of a reason to spend much time with this game any more.
    Please quit so that I don't have to PageDn through your posts anymore. I can't put you on ignore; I've already looked and there doesn't seem to be such a feature on these forums.

poasting something foolishly foolish.
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    alright, so I am probably going to run Magneto/Dormammu/Akuma, or throw Spencer in there somewhere

I think Mags is my strongest character right now, as a nub, so I'm working on learning his ROM loop or whatever it is. I'm doing LMHS sj. H addf H to start, but then after this do I have to super jump? It seems like a normal jump, although I will hit with another j.H on the way up, will not get enough height to let me addf j.H before hitting the ground, which I think is why I'm dropping it. Is this the case? And how do I transition into a j.S for hard knockdown so I can follow up with a super?

• Fartacus_the_MightyFartacus_the_Mighty Brought to you by the letter A.Registered User regular
    Protip for card farming: equip all the +chance bonuses you've got (+marvel if you're doing Heralds, +capcom for Heroes). Then do one of the "unlockable" stages at 100% using Sentinel.

Even at 5 stars, the CPU is terribad vs. laser spam, and beating an unlockable area that's already at 100% gets you draws, both of which will be at least A-rank.

• interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    B:L wrote:
    Mine just had Justin Wong throw his Taskmaster out of a super, so if he had turbo on he wouldve teched it. So I guess not.

Git ready fer DRAMA

pretty sure the lights were just on cause of dual modding

sounds like noel's just mad he lost

• MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    mxmarks wrote:
    And just to get all my Capcom hate out at once, I hope you werent looking forward to Magneto, Firebrand, Arthur or Hulks ALTS tomorrow!

http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelston/blog/2011/12/19/ultimate_mvc3_ancient_warrior_costume_pack_delayed_until_march_6

It's been delayed until MARCH, and Magnetos costume is being removed. Magneto will not be getting an Alt.

So removing one costume - which is already on the disc - from an unlock file, will now take 3.5 months.

Thank you, Spain and Capcom. I'm glad there's so little going on in the real world that video game alternate costume DLC could now provoke potential "international incidents".

Seems pretty stupid not to have Magneto have any alt at all, even shoehorn one in later or something.

"now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • CrownAxeCrownAxe Registered User regular
    What was the controversy with Spain?

AwesomeSig.jpg
  • PsycohedPsycohed On a Fool's ErrandRegistered User regular
    Maaaaan... that you can't play H&H with your friends is such a buzzkill. And I was having so much fun with air dash. HULK AIR DASH! HULK IS FASTEST THERE IS!

Or not. Bah.

brig_banner.png
  • KizKiz Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Does anybody have a link to any of Chris G's games from SCR? I couldn't find any flicking through the Day 1 stream, but I probably just missed them. Even if he gets wrecked, just curious to see someone actually play Firebrand.

PSN: Kiz-ziK | Gamertag: KizziK | Steam: Kizzik
    Can't say I'm surprised, but at this point I can't really see much of a reason to spend much time with this game any more.
    Please quit so that I don't have to PageDn through your posts anymore. I can't put you on ignore; I've already looked and there doesn't seem to be such a feature on these forums.

I will now try double hard. Just for you.

Gave H&H a whirl. Anyone think it's kind of odd that Capcom gives that away for free, but tries to nickel and dime folks with the DLC characters (who you'd still have to buy for UMvC3 if you didn't buy them before) and the shadow battles?

Don't get me wrong, H&H promises loads more fun than those lame shadow battles ever did. I guess it's just an odd Capcom thing to offer a neat bonus mode for free, but charge for the lame stuff.

• MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    CrownAxe wrote:
    What was the controversy with Spain?

http://shoryuken.com/2011/11/27/bananaken-weighs-in-on-magnetos-dlc-costume-controversy-or-lack-thereof/

Copywrite issue regarding the original House of M artwork.
    I wasn't even going to get that particular DLC, but I'm sure there were people who were looking forward to it. So, bleh.

And that sucks regarding the online play aspect of H&H, I only briefly tried out the AI variant and was digging the crazy. Hopefully they change it to add non-random play.

MrVyngaard on
    "now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Mmmm... Cocks...Mmmm... Cocks... Registered User regular
    Gave H&H a whirl. Anyone think it's kind of odd that Capcom gives that away for free, but tries to nickel and dime folks with the DLC characters (who you'd still have to buy for UMvC3 if you didn't buy them before) and the shadow battles?

Don't get me wrong, H&H promises loads more fun than those lame shadow battles ever did. I guess it's just an odd Capcom thing to offer a neat bonus mode for free, but charge for the lame stuff.
    You saying that makes me remember how Shadow Mode was free.
    Followed by charging for the battles.

So perhaps they'll charge for different card sets some how if all goes well.

Kiz wrote:
    Does anybody have a link to any of Chris G's games from SCR? I couldn't find any flicking through the Day 1 stream, but I probably just missed them. Even if he gets wrecked, just curious to see someone actually play Firebrand.
    I don't think he was on the stream until his rematch with Dios X, so on the stream look for the LAST match of UMvC3 on day 1.

• inlemurinlemur Registered User regular
    And Hulk is completely ruined:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDsa79lTgS8&feature=player_embedded

The distance he tosses the opponent from his command throw is now increased such that he can't otg and combo with it anymore. Which means he has absolutely no threat if you don't push buttons. Serious wtf on this one.

XBL - remura
  • KizKiz Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    B:L wrote:
    Kiz wrote:
    I don't think he was on the stream until his rematch with Dios X, so on the stream look for the LAST match of UMvC3 on day 1.

Awesome, cheers (turned out to be the third last, but was easy enough to find once I had a clue where to start from). Didn't really learn much, but shit it's so much more interesting watching the lesser used characters.

PSN: Kiz-ziK | Gamertag: KizziK | Steam: Kizzik
    Listen bro, getting a combo off a command throw is OP so they removed it form all thier characters

HEH

sirtoons.png
  • DarisDaris Registered User regular
    So the fact that modded controllers can have their turbo light come on without actually using turbo doesn't seem weird to anyone else? I mean, isn't the drama here something that was bound to happen?

• Mmmm... Cocks...Mmmm... Cocks... Registered User regular
    inlemur wrote:
    The distance he tosses the opponent from his command throw is now increased such that he can't otg and combo with it anymore. Which means he has absolutely no threat if you don't push buttons. Serious wtf on this one.
    Can you still gamma charge forward and gamma wave for some respectable damage?

inlemur wrote:

If you think 400k damage for spending a meter with Hulk is respectable, yes.

But compare this to what every other character in the game with a command throw can get. Then realize we're talking about the goddamn Hulk, and a 16-frame command grab that requires an assist to even function.

XBL - remura
  • templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    inlemur wrote:
    inlemur wrote:

If you think 400k damage for spending a meter with Hulk is respectable, yes.

But compare this to what every other character in the game with a command throw can get. Then realize we're talking about the goddamn Hulk, and a 16-frame command grab that requires an assist to even function.

Well, goddamn. I guess I'll have to rebuild my Firebrand / Hulk / Dormammu team already. What's a good GTFO assist to help Firebrand out?

Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • DarisDaris Registered User regular
    Shopping cart if the stream is any indication. :P

edited December 2011
    templewulf wrote:

Well, goddamn. I guess I'll have to rebuild my Firebrand / Hulk / Dormammu team already. What's a good GTFO assist to help Firebrand out?

Some dude was ruining all my meaty setups, pressure, and left/right mixups using Iron Fist's wall bounce kick assist. I haven't played against it much other than that so there may be some way to beat it, but I haven't found the answer yet. Worth a look. Plus he does Hulk-like damage and his vertical flaming hyper should DHC from Firebrand. Plus plus playing him makes you a cool person.

inlemur on
    XBL - remura
    Daris wrote:
    So the fact that modded controllers can have their turbo light come on without actually using turbo doesn't seem weird to anyone else? I mean, isn't the drama here something that was bound to happen?

It is a little weird, but I'm not worried about it in case anyone calls me out at a tournament. Its easy enough to prove that turbo wasn't activated by going into training mode and showing inputs.

It just seems like Noel Brown had the same wtf reaction that some of us had after seeing lights on the stream.

Characters I hate:

• Dr Mario KartDr Mario Kart Games Dealer Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    He was actually using someone else's stick, and the owner responded to my post in the SRK tournament thread. Its TE-Kitty board by Toodles. Apparently it does have that exact side effect from the modding.

• T-boltT-bolt Registered User regular
    So this new online mode is pretty great you guys. Great at making it take even longer to find a match.

• ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Got a couple of S ranked cards. Fing Fang Foom and the Fantastic Four.

I might try the FFF card with a Wolverine/Wesker team online... :P

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Hulk was OP they needed to nerf his command grab I mean look at all the dumb shit he has.

Like Standing H

and

Man, Standing H is bad news, I'm telling you.

• DunxcoDunxco Should get a suit Never skips breakfastRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Man it's so dirty to run Wesker with Sakuya/Fin Fang Foom/Multiple Man card setup.

Pretty much permanent X-Factor Weskers over and over and over. I might switch out Sakuya for Nick Fury card as my main and be unkillable.

Dunxco on
  • mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    If there's a Nick Cage card I'll stop caring that I can't actually play this mode with my frends.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • DunxcoDunxco Should get a suit Never skips breakfastRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Nick Cage? Whoops. I meant Nick Fury. Keep getting the Nick Fury and Luke Cage cards mixed up. :(

Hah. Can you imagine... Primary effect: NOT THE BEES!

Dunxco on