As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] Serial Experiments: Soul Hackers [Finale: Reset - Draw Game!]

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Vision Quest 1

3-19b.jpg

Redman
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrWc6WWxa6Y

3-19c-1.jpg

Welcome, hacker. As you have no doubt surmised, the tenuous peace in this city is spiraling out of control.

The Corporation has made their move. Though they flail in the dark, their shadows reach out to consume.

Those who follow the path of numbers refuse to remain stagnant,
    no longer content with their passive movements.

And then those of free will, seeking to crush those who would proclaim themselves as mankind's betters,
    are left with the most crushing opposition of all.

The future is dark indeed, hacker. Bring light to the darkness, or let it engulf society.

Choices to be made by you, and you alone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAkJzzX4CBQ

"Almost got it." Lucedes' voice was faintly audible in the night air, even as it crackled over the communicator. After breaking the encryption to the gate, he was certain the secrets in the container would be his. Instead, the corrupted data not only short-circuited his connection; it ended his life, as well.

Egos was oblivious to his surroundings. The virtual Algon Software Interface© told him all that reality did, and more. Yet it did not tell him of the one who came from behind, and severed both his network interface and spinal cord in one clean slice of a razor-sharp implement.

Bedlam poured over the data accumulated from weeks of monitoring the innumerable data feeds across the city. He allowed himself a satisfied smile as he sat back, watching the dozen displays flicker. He barely had time to voice his surprise when the lights went black, and two figures took his valuable equipment for their own use. Waste not, want not.

Retaba's arms were wide as he preached to any who would listen from his makeshift soapbox. He spoke of the numbers, of the signs, of the inevitable decline of society... and none heeded him.

Then the panicked scream drew the crowd's attention at last. When Retaba's eyes glazed over and he fell to the ground, dormant but conscious, twitching as if fraught with rigor mortis, the formerly docile passers-by scattered in a frenzy, amidst screams warning of viral infection. Their chaotic rush to escape the crowded sidewalk left the downed Knight trampled, helpless to escape the crushing blows of countless feet.

The Slain
    Retaba, Knight of the Eastern Calculus - Voted Out
    Egos, Knight of the Eastern Calculus - Erased by the Knights
    Bedlam, Paradigm X Corporation - Deleted by Paradigm X
    Lucedes, Paradigm X Corporation - Overrun by the Spookies

Day 2 will close 11/20 at 11 PM, EST. PM results pending.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    So I hope there's a guard :)

• RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    OOoOOOOooooOO
    I guess I deserve that for yelling at you guys all day.
    OooOOOOooOOOO

• TeucrianTeucrian Registered User regular
    MrTLicious wrote:
    So I hope there's a guard :)

There is one, according to the OP.

Will roles be revealed on death?

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    MrTLicious wrote:
    Will roles be revealed on death?

Yes.

wVEsyIc.png
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Looks like Paradigm X and Spookies players can be happy with the first day of results. Interesting that the Eastern Calculus teamkilled - I guess there wasn't enough time for Retaba to get them organized. Well, I suppose there's also the fact that Egos was inactive and probably didn't get into contact with Retaba...

Start of Day 2 Spreadsheet (up to post 166)

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Trying to come to my aid, eh? I'm on to you ahava

BTW, vanillagers should contact me, too, and say as much.

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    OooOOoOOoooo

lol

OooOOOOooooo

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    hey hey, mrt

i'm a villager.

• daniantdaniant Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
    MrT and ahava need to stop being silly. This is a faction game with no mafia. Therefore, no village. I hope that people will do the right thing and stick with their correct faction.

• Shiny New ToysShiny New Toys where am i? its dark in hereRegistered User regular
    Excuse me for being dumb - I've never played in a faction game before. Is it vastly different from normal phalla? There is no mafia, but you have to eliminate the other two factions?

Someone suggested that the numbers would be more of an even spilt (with Para X having the most members I think) than in a "normal" game. is this right?

• REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    That needs elaboration jdark.

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    o0o0o0o

HAX! TK! OMGWTFBBQ!!!

o0o0o0o

Bedlam on
    jdark's concerns are valid but misplaced. Please continue telling me your secrets :)

Also, since there's a majority faction, I'm comfortable calling us the village. It's just like a game of mafia and werewolves.

• REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    Having whatever jdarksun is talking about come up in a "hey, this guy may not be trustworthy" statement and then to simply ignore it is a lot suspicious.

There's no mafia in this game, but don't let the fact of that could your judgment. There are a substantial amount of people out there looking to end you.

• stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote:
    So there's something fishy going on. I would refrain from contacting MrT until this gets worked out.

Too late.

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    this is getting interesting.....

• stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    Quiet, you!

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Sorry for missing the first day- had to shop for presents last night, lost track of time.

I think there's more here than meets the eye. It's more than a faction game.

The call for vanillagers to reveal is nothing more than a feeble attempt to find some free targets, I think.

I think we'll see a new surprise or ten soon. I'd count on it.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
    I really don't understand this. It's very common practice for a village vig (or in this case, a majority faction vig) to call their kill on day 1 and thereby confirm themselves to the village. I finally get to do that, and suddenly it's suspicious. Why is it more likely that I'm trying to fool everyone than it is that jdark is trying to subvert confidence in the network?

There's also the fact that there's no real way to tell who is "village" and who isn't when they contact you.

Anybody could be all like "HEY! I belong to Paradigm X" and they could be "my win condition is to eliminate the other guys!" and that's about all the proof that you have, really.

And with the Host saying 'they're not even numbered factions, Paradigm X has a majority" there's no way of knowing that if you get 14 people claiming Paradigm, you have no way of knowing if that's right or wrong. There really could be 14 Paradigm and only 8 of each of the others.

Or, there could be 20 paradigm and 5 of each of the others.

It's awfully risky.

jdarksun wrote:
    Because instead of addressing the issue, you're asking people to ignore it and:
    There's only an issue according to you, who has given no confirmable information whatsoever to anyone.
    There's also the fact that there's no real way to tell who is "village" and who isn't when they contact you.

Anybody could be all like "HEY! I belong to Paradigm X" and they could be "my win condition is to eliminate the other guys!" and that's about all the proof that you have, really.

And with the Host saying 'they're not even numbered factions, Paradigm X has a majority" there's no way of knowing that if you get 14 people claiming Paradigm, you have no way of knowing if that's right or wrong. There really could be 14 Paradigm and only 8 of each of the others.

It's awfully risky.

How is that any different than in a normal game?

Are there any thralls, millers, conversions?

edited December 2011
    MrTLicious wrote:
    jdarksun wrote:
    Because instead of addressing the issue, you're asking people to ignore it and:
    There's only an issue according to you, who has given no confirmable information whatsoever to anyone.

It's awfully risky.

How is that any different than in a normal game?

well, standard "mafia" is 20% give or take. you can guess the average # of ppl you need to eliminate. this one? we're in the dark.

/obvious

corvidae on
    Yeah I meant in terms of actual decision making...

oh, it doesn't.

Just trying to help you become a properly paranoid network head.

MrTLicious wrote:
    Are there any thralls, millers, conversions?

None.

wVEsyIc.png
  • daniantdaniant Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
    There is no village. There is a large faction and two smaller factions. The two smaller factions are not the mafia. So MrT, be honest and true and just say, "Paradigm X over here!". Because if you are assuming you are "the village" because you're in the largest group, that's not how faction games work.

And much as it pains me to say it, corvidae seems to be making the most sense this time.

I stated in my reveal that I was Paradigm X. I'm not trying to hide that fact. That faction most closely resembles the role of the village in a normal game so I call it as such. In fact, this game is very similar to a game of mafia vs. werewolves with the exception that the two named groups are (presumably) not masoned. I don't think it's being dishonest to make that comparison.

• CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    I continue to know nothing, therefore, I will continue to vote Tayrun.

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
    but to your eyes paradigm is the village.

whereas to a Knight's eyes, they are the village.

Because there is no village.

There is only death.

So idk why no one is voting, but I'm worried that time will expire, so I'm going to make the announcement now:

Void Slayer is the vig for the spookies. He called the Lucedes kill to me yesterday. Non-spookies would be well off to vote for him as well.

• TeucrianTeucrian Registered User regular
    Void slayer

That's easy enough.

I got nothing either, anybody got leads?

Tayrun

• Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    Well that is odd mrt since I haven't had time to talk to anyone in this game.

I do not have any way to defend myself other then that I am just a member of Paradigm X.

MrTLicious

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
    corvidae wrote:
    I got nothing either, anybody got leads?

Tayrun

Yeah, I do. :P