As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Serial Experiments: Soul Hackers [Finale: Reset - Draw Game!]

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Void Slayer, your title is very suspicious.
    Suspicious...

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    but to your eyes paradigm is the village.

whereas to a Knight's eyes, they are the village.

Because there is no village.

There is only death.

To the mafia's eyes, the Village is evil.

This is not a good argument.

Void Slayer, however, is apparently the target for the night.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    no, i'm pretty sure that for most Mafia's, they are aware that they are the evil ones.

They just don't care that they're evil.

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    In my first mini, the archetypal "village" and "mafia" were played by parties that were neither inherently good nor evil. Both sides had the ability to claim to be good (and the other side claimed that they were evil), yet I still called one the village and it wasn't labelled a misnomer.

• Options
    TayrunTayrun Registered User regular
    Void Slayer.

It's odd that I'm being voted for purely because I have a similar name to Cayrus, when we have relevant info to go on.

MrT's accusing Void is something real, and if it doesn't pan out we can just lynch MrT tomorrow.

• Options
    Shiny New ToysShiny New Toys where am i? its dark in hereRegistered User regular
    This seems like a reasonable argument

Void Slayer

• Options
    corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular

Void Slayer

• Options
    daniantdaniant Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
  • Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Void Slayer it is.

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    MrTLicious
    He knows why.

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Can't argue with LOGIC. Void Slayer

• Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    Void Slayer then?

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    void slayer

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Looks like I didn't need to rush home to make a spreadsheet - there's a fairly clear vote leader at this point.

Current Spreadsheet (up to post 221)

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I suppose this goes without saying, but just in case: any proboard links must be sent to me upon creation.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    nothing should ever be taken for granted.

sometimes, people just don't know a thing.

• Options
    Indeed. I believe MrTLicious has the unenviable task of sorting through all his contacts to figure out who is truthful and who is leading him on. At least it's a relatively small number of people to sort through.

I do want to chime in on an earlier point made by corvidae about the size of minority factions. In a standard game with a single mafia faction, their proportion tends to be about 15-20%, depending on power level. In games with multiple mafia factions, their combined proportions have been as large as 35% (and still resulting in village victory, I might add). With this game, where the minority factions are not described as mafia (and it should be noted that the lack of on-death coloring ties into this representation) and are also stated as non-masoned, we might expect their numbers to be close to the majority faction from the outset. Caution must be taken with every action in this game... not that other games are any different.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Void Slayer

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Tayrun wrote:
    Void Slayer.

It's odd that I'm being voted for purely because I have a similar name to Cayrus, when we have relevant info to go on.

MrT's accusing Void is something real, and if it doesn't pan out we can just lynch MrT tomorrow.

sorry, i was on my phone, cayrus's post was the last one i saw, i wasn't trying to ignore the void slayer lead, i just hadn't refreshed.

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Void Slayer

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Those who did not vote yesterday and don't today will be eliminated; whether replaced or killed.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    yay!!

oh wait, that doesn't include me, does it?

• Options
    There appear to be quite a few people who have not posted nor voted today. There really isn't any information out there to make a decision on who to vote for (outside of Void Slayer, who is falling to MrTLicious' claim), so I'll !vote for warban, on grounds on his only post in-game simply being a vote with no other information.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Oh fuck oh fuck VoidSlayer I guess, kinda forgot I had work today and am posting this from the break room.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    a lot of inactives/ ppl barely acting in this one.

• Options
    Vote closed. Results pending.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I suppose that's it for the day, then.

End of Day 2 Spreadsheet (up to post 233)

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    CitizenCitizen Registered User regular
    God, I've been out all day and friends demanded I go out for drinks. I'll go Void Slayer until I get a better idea who's who.

• Options
    CitizenCitizen Registered User regular
    well, crap.

• Options
    didja kill me Mr T?

cause that would be silly.

• Options
    Actually, no. I can't speak for the world, though.

• Options
    awwww.

I must not be annoying you enough.

I'll try harder tomorrow.

:P

• Options
    An Undisclosed Location
    1149484346430a.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKLpPc1_fQ0

We had to move shop after Paradigm set some vigilante summoner on our trail.
    Most of us survived, but we took some major hits... and had to nuke an HQ in the process.
    All we can do is salvage the pieces, repair what's left, then make those stuffed shirts pay it all back, with interest.

stever777 fell onto his keyboard, dead, mere moments after sending the encrypted communication.
    They were aware of the new hideout, and it was safe from prying eyes, but at great cost; no messages would leave his keys ever again.

SeGaTai had been one of the many youthful recruits claimed by the explosion set off by the corporate summoner. He had attempted to get as many to safety as possible, but in the resulting chaos, young Teucrian had found his passage blocked, moments too late to escape the falling wreckage of the former hideout.

jdarksun logged out, pleased with the successful assignment. No trace, as usual.
    Except... something wasn't right. The monitor in front of him was flickering. Then he saw a symbol.
    Their symbol. It multiplied before his eyes, then the entire room went dark.
    When the lights flickered back on, there was no trace of the Paradigm hitman, only the faint traces of static audio.

Void Slayer was content when the suits came for him. He smiled at them, and before the sound of gunfire took away his life, he lit a cigarette with one hand and gave the corporate dogs the finger with another.

The Slain
    jdarksun, Paradigm X Vigilante - Erased by The Knights
    stever777, Spookies Hacker - Deleted by Paradigm X
    SeGaTai, Spookies Youth - Deleted by Paradigm X
    Teucrian, Spookies Youth - Overrun by The Spookies
    Void Slayer, Spookies Vigilante - Voted Out

Day 3 ends at 12/21, 11PM EST. PMs pending.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    OooooOOOooo
    Why, I oughtta...
    Ho ho ho! Merry Christmas!
    OooooOoooo

stever777 on
    Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    kime has replaced JaysonFour, effective immediately.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    TeucrianTeucrian Registered User regular
    OOOOooooOOOOOoooo

Dammit guys can we get on the same page here!

OOOOooooOOOOoooo

• Options
    TayrunTayrun Registered User regular
    kime

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Tayrun wrote: »
    kime

Probably a good move. I have all the abilities.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    oohhh It's kime!

and i'm not dead!

• Options
    So as you can all probably guess from the narration tonight, the confusion was that jdark was another Para X vig who also happened to vig Bedlam. This made him question the veracity of my claims. Since there were two Para X vig kills tonight, that should put that theory to rest, and anyone that was holding out, please contact me.