As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[STEAM] Maxed out like your credit card. Go post in the new thread!

• -Ke--Ke- Registered User regular
    How far into Psychonauts do you have to go for the cheevo? I am weighing the merits of buying it.

You can download a save game to be at the right point to do it (someone posted one on the first page of this thread http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2289327 )

Otherwise I think you have to be a bit into the game.

steam_sig.png
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    My first attempt at the Dungeons of Dredmor objective resulted in no Diggle Eggs on the first floor. The second time around I found plenty, but Grog took a while to find. I forgot about the vending machine, but I was having fun anyways.

There is a skill you can start with that lets you loot vending machines. I got super lucky and looted a grog, and found diggle eggs like two rooms in. I need to go back and play that game for realsies. I forgot how fun it was.

• chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    How far into Psychonauts do you have to go for the cheevo? I am weighing the merits of buying it.

An hourish? You can just download a save file from the wiki though, walk outside, and toast critters within 2 minutes.

steam_sig.png
  • johnwingjohnwing Registered User regular
    maybe a preempitive new thread is in order :P

• jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Reminder - there's abou an hour left on my HIB3 giveaway at steamgifts!
    http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/yiPkm/humble-indie-bundle-3

camo_sig2.png
  • NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular

Its worth buying the game, objectives be damned. That said, there are saves you can borrow that will put you where you need to be to get today's done.

XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    johnwing wrote:

We'll get there. Don't worry.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • BarneyLBarneyL Registered User regular
    15 minutes to update time and Steam seems to be having issues already. It doesn't seem to be able to get from the checkout page to payment options.

steam_sig.png
  • CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    johnwing wrote:

This thread will explode past 100 pages in seconds once the new deals hit.

Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    OH MAN FIFTEEN MINUTES
    Sound the alarms! Seal the hatches! Hatch the seals! Flog the eels!
    Goodbye, wallet moneys. You won't really be missed. I'm replacing you with christmas joy.

CarbonFire wrote:
    johnwing wrote:

This thread will explode past 100 pages in seconds once the new deals hit.

I thought we were ok to go over 100 pages with the new forum setup and all? I may have misread that somewhere.
    We should get the software crap Something Awful has. They have 800+ page topics out the yin-yang

• darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    The point of the 100 page limit doesn't have anything to do with software, it's so people who come here can actually read the threads and not have to sift through 800+ page megathreads.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    Is buying a game specifically for the cheevo (with no other interest in the game or even genre) a rational thing people do? I'm just looking for you enabling bastards to convince me I'm not crazy to buy DoD to play it for 5 minutes and then never look at it again.

• TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    Just dropping by to say that Gaslight is the classiest of gentlemen. I just received a gift copy of Chantelise and I don't even post in this thread most of the time.

darunia106 wrote:
    The point of the 100 page limit doesn't have anything to do with software, it's so people who come here can actually read the threads and not have to sift through 800+ page megathreads.

Oh ok that makes a lot of sense. I retract my statement.

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    darunia106 wrote:

Exactly this. However, last I heard, Tube and the mods frown very sternly on premature new threads as well.

The new thread will go up after we hit 99 pages, to make it official. Again, don't worry, there will be plenty of room for posting.

• SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    TheCanMan wrote:
    Is buying a game specifically for the cheevo (with no other interest in the game or even genre) a rational thing people do? I'm just looking for you enabling bastards to convince me I'm not crazy to buy DoD to play it for 5 minutes and then never look at it again.

You ARE crazy! :P
    For not buying DoD at that price.
    And for thinking you will never look at it again!

camo_sig2.png
  • BarneyLBarneyL Registered User regular
    BarneyL wrote:
    15 minutes to update time and Steam seems to be having issues already. It doesn't seem to be able to get from the checkout page to payment options.

Update on this, Steam Client doesn't work but I can still buy through the web pages.

steam_sig.png
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    darunia106 wrote:

Oh ok that makes a lot of sense. I retract my statement.

It's also a tradition/holdover from the old forum software/servers/whatevers that used to shit themselves when obnoxiously large threads used to build up. Like, end of times kinda stuff.

That said, the old forum default was (as I recall) 25 posts per page (so a thread at 100 was 2500 posts) but I believe the new one defaults to 40, so the new 100 page cap is over 50% bigger than the old 100 page cap.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
    darunia106 wrote:

Yeah, the only time we even get close to Megathreads is during E3, where the live keynotes make the forum explode. Though last year the forums kept dying every five minutes, so maybe this year we'll actually get to megathread status :P

• starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    CanMan friend me. I have dungeons of dredmor for you

camo_sig2.png
  • Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    Hey there guys, just got a friend request from a guy called "Fignuts" do any of you guys know who he is? We have no friends or groups in common.

• TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    that psychonauts cheevo sucks for grabbing quickly, I ran around trying to get it for 1.5 hours til i said fuckit and moved onto tropico 4, DoD, and AI war.

the ai war one is even worse, so I may grab a save file for that

uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    In the christmas spirit, I bring you a song.

From nightmare before christmas
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QF2AmC2xyXM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

What's this?

That was not what I expected. Are they still together?

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
  • -Ke--Ke- Registered User regular
    TheCanMan wrote:

DoD is amazing and you should buy it now, especially at the sale price. Think of the achievement as just icing on the already delicious, delicious cake.

steam_sig.png
    Doodmann wrote:
    In the christmas spirit, I bring you a song.

From nightmare before christmas
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QF2AmC2xyXM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

What's this?

That was not what I expected. Are they still together?

I'm not sure, actually.
    Apparently a new soundtrack was released with those sorta bands doing covers of the songs. I may have to buy it.

Also guys, if you want a fun city builder? Tropico 4 is hard to beat. It has a campaign mode, which modern builders seem to lack?, and it has a ton of humor. Its not superduper crazy deep (Build a power plant, a certain radius gets power. no building power lines or anything), but it is fun and the politics make it really interesting. You going to help out Europe because they give you a ton of trade money, but the action will piss off America who are not assassinating you?

camo_sig2.png
    edited December 2011
    Lord_Snot wrote:
    Hey there guys, just got a friend request from a guy called "Fignuts" do any of you guys know who he is? We have no friends or groups in common.

Only "Fig" I know of in PA is Figment, but you can always check which groups they're a part of to see if they are PA or not.

CarbonFire on
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Damn. Interested in Payday but that's still a bit too much for me. Curses.

• LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    And we're off:

Payday 50% off is probably the only thing that appeals to me.

XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
    edited December 2011
    DAILIES:
    Payday at 50% off GET IT NOW
    Jurassic Park
    Grotesque Tactics
    Sword and Soldiers
    Monday Night Combat
    Sherlock Holmes
    NEverwinter Nights 2
    Arkham City 50% off
    Stalker
    f1 2011
    Defense grid
    Mount and blade

CHEEVOS:
    Join steam holiday group
    Defense Grid: Flurry
    sword and soldiers: all I want for christmas is you
    Payday: Merry xmas
    Jurassic Park: Holiday Bonus
    Guardians of Graxia: Gift of Efficacy

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
    Also guys, if you want a fun city builder? Tropico 4 is hard to beat. It has a campaign mode, which modern builders seem to lack?, and it has a ton of humor. Its not superduper crazy deep (Build a power plant, a certain radius gets power. no building power lines or anything), but it is fun and the politics make it really interesting. You going to help out Europe because they give you a ton of trade money, but the action will piss off America who are not assassinating you?

Is it a good time for someone looking for a moderately casual Sim City experience?

And the store has crashed yet again.

Server load, how does it work?

• DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    Okay, I caught up reading this thread. Now it's time to say goodbye.

camo_sig2.png
  • PodunkPodunk Registered User regular
    Defense Grid: You Monster DLC for $1.24! Sold!

camo_sig2.png
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Holy shit, Arkham City for $25??

Edit: I just know one of you classy gentlemen might well ambush gift me Payday. So I've already bought it! HA HA I WIN THIS ROUND!

Also, it's time we get the crew together and do some work, y'know? >.>

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • ExcisionExcision Old Sport Registered User regular
    Payday!

steam_sig.png
  • striderjgstriderjg Registered User regular
    hmm, might be my steam sale day off.

steam_sig.png
    Oh god guys, payday is on sale. I wants it so.

Payday and Arkham City are what you want today, people.

This discussion has been closed.