As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[STEAM] Go post in the new thread. This one's wrapped up. Get it?

• jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Lars wrote:
    Anyone know how much harddrive space Payday takes up?

I'm at work right now and can't check Steam.
    I don't have it myself, but last time the question was going around it was around 3.2GB. Hopefully there hasn't been some giant patch making me a stinky liar.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    And since he's not here to ring in the new thread, here's @TychoCelchuuu's inaugural comic edit:

OK, time to go Christmas shopping (the mall is probably going to be a mass of humanity picked clean by vultures, right? Why did I put this off?) so in case the new thread pops up and gets 80 pages before I get back (quite likely) here is my traditional new thread comic:

neverfinish.jpg

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    13 objectives completed thus far, and I have 1 free copy of Limbo, 1 50% off a Valve title coupon, 1 25% off Serious Sam 3 coupon, and 1 50% off Capsized coupon. Oh, and 10 pieces of coal. The Capsized coupon would almost be nice, except that the game is 75% off in the holiday sale. So I guess it's for people who can't afford $2.50 now but can afford $5.00 in 1-2 months. Or something.

You are underwhelming me, holiday sale. Yet I love you anyway for some reason.

Need to go out and run errands before the wife gets home, but will likely pick up Payday when I get back and try to join some of the PA Payday fans whenever possible. Tomorrow night's my wedding anniversary, so Friday may be my only really free evening until next week sometime.

• Minor SecondMinor Second Registered User regular
    CarbonFire wrote:
    PAYDAY 4 PACK
    we need:
    A SOMEONE TO BUY THEM -
    Three getaway drivers
    Let us know if you choose to be buyer, if you would like money back or games

1)
    2)TheRoadVirus
    3) <--- CarbonFire :^:
    4)Minor Second

• Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Oh man, B:AC for $25 is so tempting, but that will pretty much wipe out my Steam Holiday fund. I was hoping to get the Two Worlds II expansion, SPAZ, and maybe Payday, but really good deal on that.

• LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    Lepwave wrote:
    Shogun wrote:
    damn $30 for a Payday 4 pack

e: quick someone tell me which mount and blade game is the most important to own

I say Warband is the one you're looking for.

Warband makes the original Mount & Blade obsolete (unless there's some important mod that has yet to be ported over, but at this point I doubt it) and unless you have a huge boner for the historical time period With Fire & Sword is set in, you can safely skip it.

• TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    43a85.jpg

Grotesque Tactics is widely considered to be a steaming pile of crap.

• HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    Okay all you classy ladies and gentlemen, I present 2 Copies of PAYDAY: The Heist, giveaway ends at 2215 PST.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • striderjgstriderjg Registered User regular
    So the pricing on the Stalker games is a bit weird. Is the first generally considered best?
    My favorite was Stalker: SOC with complete mod. Many people thought cop was best.

steam_sig.png
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Arkham City! Whoo.

The Character DLC worth it? I heard they're totally worthless as the characters can actually be unlocked in game?

Either way, Base Game GET I think.

Oh brilliant
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    jclast wrote:
    Lars wrote:
    Anyone know how much harddrive space Payday takes up?

I'm at work right now and can't check Steam.
    I don't have it myself, but last time the question was going around it was around 3.2GB. Hopefully there hasn't been some giant patch making me a stinky liar.

Yep. About 3.3gb for my install.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Ok so we apparently have a ton of people who are interested in a 4-pack for payday haha.
    Nobody wants to be the buyer though. Which sucks. If it's not done by the time i get home i can maybe work something out.

• BarneyLBarneyL Registered User regular
    I quit the Steam Holiday group and rejoined, got me the achievement immediately.

steam_sig.png
  • CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Got a 50 percent off Hitman Collection coupon and Coal so far today. Coupon ain't shabby since the sale is only 33 percent off, but owning Blood Money already kind of makes it moot. If anyone would use it let me know.

• LepLep Registered User regular
    Blah coupon for DNF.

• ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    striderjg wrote:
    So the pricing on the Stalker games is a bit weird. Is the first generally considered best?
    My favorite was Stalker: SOC with complete mod. Many people thought cop was best.

I've seen SoC on sale for $1 before. I want to believe that my $5 will somehow resurrect STALKER2 and GSC but I wouldn't bite at that price.

• starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    from old thread, on Tropico 4
    minor incident wrote:
    starmanbrand wrote:
    Also guys, if you want a fun city builder? Tropico 4 is hard to beat. It has a campaign mode, which modern builders seem to lack?, and it has a ton of humor. Its not superduper crazy deep (Build a power plant, a certain radius gets power. no building power lines or anything), but it is fun and the politics make it really interesting. You going to help out Europe because they give you a ton of trade money, but the action will piss off America who are not assassinating you?

Is it a good time for someone looking for a moderately casual Sim City experience?

I think so? But I havent spent a lot of time with a simcity game in a while. If you tell me what you like about Sim City I can compare it. It definitely is a lot more casual than simcity. It lacks a lot of the super tiny tweaks of simcity like tax rates and also no complex infrastructure (Pretty much just take care of roads).

The main draw of the game (for me) is you have to keep everyone happy, including other countries. If you piss off major powers like US or Russia, they can invade and replace you. If you piss of countries like Japan, they wont invade you but they can put up trade embargos and things like that. From the interior, you could piss off local faction leaders and spawn a rebellion. If you don't take care of your people's needs, they will be more likely to join factions.

Oh also a lot of the fun comes from being a dictator. If a rebellion starts? Its very easy to hire your secret police to kill the leaders. You'll lose respect from the faction, but the rebellion will also probably stop. Need more uneducated works to fill up your farms? Announce an edict that bans contraception on the island and open your immigration to anyone!

So should I buy monday night combat? Its looked cool for a long time but I never pulled the trigger. Also Swords and Soldiers? It looks really racist but people seem to like it

camo_sig2.png
  • AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    Lep wrote:
    Blah coupon for DNF.

How much is it?

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I am in for one of the paydays, someone just tell me who to paypal 7 bucks to.

• CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Anyone want to get the Swords and Soldiers cheevo done? Is MP so need a partner.

• carmofincarmofin Registered User regular
    I think my giveaway ends soon (their site is confusing me...) so a last reminder for the HiB2:
    http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/sM4pO/humble-indie-bundle-2

PSN | Steam
    ___
    NNID: carmofin
    3DS: 2852 6971 9745
    Throw me a PM if you add me
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Arkham City! Whoo.

The Character DLC worth it? I heard they're totally worthless as the characters can actually be unlocked in game?

None of the DLC can be unlocked in the game. However, Robin & Nightwing cannot be used in the main game and can only be used in Challenge Maps. They come with their own costumes, gadgets, and fighting styles though (along with 2 additional challenge maps each).

Edit: Thanks for answers to all for Payday filesize.

Lars on
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    minor incident wrote:
    starmanbrand wrote:
    Also guys, if you want a fun city builder? Tropico 4 is hard to beat. It has a campaign mode, which modern builders seem to lack?, and it has a ton of humor. Its not superduper crazy deep (Build a power plant, a certain radius gets power. no building power lines or anything), but it is fun and the politics make it really interesting. You going to help out Europe because they give you a ton of trade money, but the action will piss off America who are not assassinating you?

Is it a good time for someone looking for a moderately casual Sim City experience?

I think so? But I havent spent a lot of time with a simcity game in a while. If you tell me what you like about Sim City I can compare it. It definitely is a lot more casual than simcity. It lacks a lot of the super tiny tweaks of simcity like tax rates and also no complex infrastructure (Pretty much just take care of roads).

The main draw of the game (for me) is you have to keep everyone happy, including other countries. If you piss off major powers like US or Russia, they can invade and replace you. If you piss of countries like Japan, they wont invade you but they can put up trade embargos and things like that. From the interior, you could piss off local faction leaders and spawn a rebellion. If you don't take care of your people's needs, they will be more likely to join factions.

Oh also a lot of the fun comes from being a dictator. If a rebellion starts? Its very easy to hire your secret police to kill the leaders. You'll lose respect from the faction, but the rebellion will also probably stop. Need more uneducated works to fill up your farms? Announce an edict that bans contraception on the island and open your immigration to anyone!

So should I buy monday night combat? Its looked cool for a long time but I never pulled the trigger. Also Swords and Soldiers? It looks really racist but people seem to like it

If you are looking for multi in MNC, I'd stay clear. It's a decent single player game, but the online community is dead as can be really.

Arkham City! Whoo.

You don't unlock them, and if you like challenge rooms Robin and Nightwing are both worth buying.

camo_sig2.png
  • KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Corpekata wrote:
    Anyone want to get the Swords and Soldiers cheevo done? Is MP so need a partner.

If you still need it in 2 hours or so when I'm back home, I need to do it as well.

• subediisubedii Registered User regular
    minor incident wrote:
    starmanbrand wrote:

I've heard the community for MNC is pretty much non-existent now.

• Patches7o9Patches7o9 Registered User regular
    CarbonFire wrote:
    PAYDAY 4 PACK
    we need:
    A SOMEONE TO BUY THEM -
    Three getaway drivers

1) Patches7o9
    2)TheRoadVirus
    4)Minor Second

I'm in.

• LepLep Registered User regular
    Lep wrote:
    Blah coupon for DNF.

How much is it?

I think it was 50%, can't check now since the inventory is down.

• RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Heh, so even though I already own Defense Grid + all of the DLC except the You Monster DLC on the 360, it would actually be cheaper for me to buy the Defense Grid pack on Steam than it would be to buy You Monster on the 360. :)

RainbowDespair on
  • a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    Can I get an invite to the Steam group? My Steam name is the same as forum name - thanks.

• LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    Arkham City! Whoo.

I don't think you can unlock any of the DLC characters in-game without the DLC. They may show up as cameos, but I don't think they're playable.

The fact that the Batman skin pack that includes the Batman:TAS costume is 50% is the latest in a very long line of reasons I regret not buying Arkham City on Steam.

• DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Got 1 coal for joining the Steam Group.

Somehow I feel it's a better reward than the other 4 coupons I have...

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    Well the community tab is down, so I cant redeem it, but the ever classy @kalia has gifted me Defense Grid PLUS the DLC

I'll try it out tonight. Im off to work while I mull over if Im buying anythign else... and more importantly what game today gets added to the Prize Bank

• heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Bah. Payday. You taunt me.

And once again, a word of advice to all, don't buy grotesque tactics, it is a bad game, and is not worth even 2.50.

M A G I K A Z A M
    Patches7o9 wrote:
    CarbonFire wrote:
    PAYDAY 4 PACK
    we need:
    A SOMEONE TO BUY THEM -
    Three getaway drivers

1) Patches7o9
    2)TheRoadVirus
    4)Minor Second

I'm in.

Ok so who's gonna bite the bullet and buy the pack?
    And do you want games or money in return for your purchase?

minor incident wrote:
    starmanbrand wrote:

I've only played the Viking campaign, but I'm not seeing racist so much as I'm seeing silly cartoon. And it's fun, if simple.

camo_sig2.png
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Dang, did I miss getting in on a Payday 4-pack?

My opinions on Stalker:

Skip Clear Sky unless you want it for completion's sake.

Shadow of Chernobyl is the first one and it's good, but has annoying stuff that requires mods to fix.

Call of Pripyat fixes nearly everything that was annoying about the earlier games and is awesome out of the box, and is my favorite.

Oh, and I got a coupon for 75% of CoD4. Let me know if you want it as it's definitely not a game that I will be buying.

camo_sig2.png
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I think I missed that last 4 pack so I'm starting one. Gonna use chip in so I just need 3 people with 7.50

• busfahrerbusfahrer addict GermanyRegistered User regular
    Patches7o9 wrote:
    CarbonFire wrote:
    PAYDAY 4 PACK
    we need:
    A SOMEONE TO BUY THEM -
    Three getaway drivers

1) Patches7o9
    2)TheRoadVirus
    4)Minor Second

I'm in.

That's what I get for posting my join on the last page ;)

B2b1M.gif
    Twitter: busfahrer -- Quake Live: busfahrer -- StarCraft II: busfahrer.184 (EU)