As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WOW] [CHAT] Thread. Female Panderen Revealed. Yiffing already?

• MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    I was just watching someone streaming while doing LFR Madness and four Gurthalaks dropped. I think there was enough melee for them to be useful, but still... what a downer for most everyone.

• HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    Man, I get gating and grinds and all that..

...but this shit is turning into a mindless chore that I pay someone else to administer.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    isn't souldrinker a best in slot weapon for DKs and SMF?

Yep, though it's also quite a rocking tank weapon due to the health regen. Tanks not getting a role bonus on it is dumb, but, well, look at most decisions with how loot is labeled in raid finder.

IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Man, talk about an off night last night.

Took some pokes at HM Morchok, but kept getting massacred around the transition because Morchok or Crotchrocket (whatever his name is) would drop their crystals in the middle of the other group.

Then had some goofiness with Warlord Agassi, where the ball would travel completely through him, then impact on a melee standing 20 yards away from him, or even better, the ball would stand still.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I am personally in a debate what to transmog my night elf rogue's armour into since I have a lot of the sets from Vanilla to present

• SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote:
    I am personally in a debate what to transmog my night elf rogue's armour into since I have a lot of the sets from Vanilla to present

The druid dungeon set.

• ToddJewellToddJewell Registered User regular
    Crotchrocket (whatever his name is)
    I assume you realize but his name is just Morchok backwards

Am I doing something wrong on Zon'ozz? We always kill him eventually but I swear we wipe 5 times every week because the splash from the void hits me at the same time as his laser beam and a melee shot. Although one problem was that I did go a good four seconds without getting healed...

We killed Ultraxion again, this time with everyone alive instead of just me. Turns out 5 healing is a necessity with my guild. I wonder if we could four heal it and have him dead before he really does much damage at all?

ToddJewell wrote:
    Crotchrocket (whatever his name is)
    I assume you realize but his name is just Morchok backwards

Am I doing something wrong on Zon'ozz? We always kill him eventually but I swear we wipe 5 times every week because the splash from the void hits me at the same time as his laser beam and a melee shot. Although one problem was that I did go a good four seconds without getting healed...

We killed Ultraxion again, this time with everyone alive instead of just me. Turns out 5 healing is a necessity with my guild. I wonder if we could four heal it and have him dead before he really does much damage at all?

Oh I do. We (my guild) had watched a strat video where the voiceover referred to him with that name :P

Samphis wrote:
    Brainleech wrote:

The druid dungeon set.

Which one? I still have most of the outland set the wildheart one

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    How in the hell is there no role bonus for tanking for Souldrinker?

Ugh. Between that and some shitass pally taking the tanking shoulders off morchok when they had 397's I think that killed any desire I have to waste my time with LFR anymore this lockout.

Between the queues, the assholes and constant dc's tonight that was a colossal waste of my night.

There's a spirit offhand that balance druids don't get a role bonus on either. Annoying.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    Well my brother and I went to the Dragon Soul and beyond in the LFR and found gasp guilds and collusion much to our dismay

This post was made without any of the four letter words and other angry words because it was just that annoying

• Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Kainy wrote:
    isn't souldrinker a best in slot weapon for DKs and SMF?

Yep, though it's also quite a rocking tank weapon due to the health regen. Tanks not getting a role bonus on it is dumb, but, well, look at most decisions with how loot is labeled in raid finder.

I'm pretty sure they do just so do DPS builds. Rolled for it as DPS and got bonus and so did tanks.

• NeliNeli Registered User regular
    Monsty wrote:
    I was just watching someone streaming while doing LFR Madness and four Gurthalaks dropped. I think there was enough melee for them to be useful, but still... what a downer for most everyone.

Last week 3 Gurthalaks dropped and the 1h sword. One deathknight won all of these

vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
    Brainleech wrote:
    Well my brother and I went to the Dragon Soul and beyond in the LFR and found gasp guilds and collusion much to our dismay

This post was made without any of the four letter words and other angry words because it was just that annoying

Just my experience, but if you try to go to LFR earlier in the week, you are more likely to run into guilds who are supplementing their normal raid with LFR. Later in the week it can still happen, but it doesn't seem to be as common (though, again, this is just my experience).

• fortyforty Registered User regular
    How in the hell is there no role bonus for tanking for Souldrinker?
    There isn't?

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, sorry, in my annoyance last night I worded that very poorly.

There is a tanking role bonus for Souldrinker. What I meant was, why do DPS also get a role bonus, negating the tanking one. It was a selfish bich borne out of frusration. Yeah, it's good for frost DK's and SMF Warriors too, it's the only LFR weapon for them too. It's just incredibly stupid that there's not dedicated tanking weapon in LFR...it's incredibly stupid that they removed all of the non-madness "main" weapons from LFR and I still don't understand that decision.

So yeah, tanks get a role bonus for Souldrinker. Just so does DPS so most everyone who can roll gets the bonus virtually negating everyone elses...except healers I suppose.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

I would think only plate can roll need on Souldrinker, and presumably holy paladins wouldn't get a role bonus. It sucks, yeah, but everything about loot in RF in general sucks. It's easily the biggest failure aspect of RF (although, to its credit, it's really the only thing I consider to be a particular flaw; everything else about it is pretty well done). I mean if the healing weapon drops, each healer is always going to be rolling against 5 other people for it.

My tank DK has killed 20 RF bosses so far and the only thing he has to show for it is the stacking dodge trinket that I don't use because it kind of sucks.

• RakeethRakeeth Registered User regular
    My main spec on my raiding hunter has apparently been changed to BM. Looks like its time to quit WoW.

Yeah, i just need to switch around my view of LFR that I've had now that 9/10 of my characters can get into it. I had been using it to fill in 500 VP a week and get some upgrades, due to simply having good luck with a few characters and loot, but for the most part I need to go back to LFD for the 378's because even with terrible luck there I'm more likely to actually get something and the upgrade to 384 isn't worth the frustration for the most part.

Maybe I'll just start doing Madness only since for the most part the 390 weapons are quite the upgrade for my mans.

The 500 VP you can get from doing both only fills 3 LFD runs worth of VP since you still need 4 LFD's afterward to fill all 1000 for the week. And it takes far longer to get both LFR's done than 3 LFD even factoring in queue times for DPS...and the chances for loot aren't any better really.

I'll probably still do it for shits, particuarly on my faction "mains" and my warrior since I want to get the rest of the visual upgrades for warrior t13 so I can use it for transmog since I think it's awesome..but other alts I'll probably just pass unless I'm bored. Maybe my priest too since priest t13 looks fricking badass.

They did do a lot of things right with LFR, and I have mostly praise for it. Aside from loot that is. However, I let the idea of "raid" loot get the best of me and started thinking stupid related to it and I just need to get over it.

• PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    There's a zombie on your la-awn.

Yeah, I was thinking about switching to just doing Fall of DW only, since the main reason I'm doing RF in the first place is the weapons there are the best PvP weapons available (without doing real raiding) unless you get 7800 CPs.

Also Madness takes about the half the time of Siege assuming your raid does a clean run.

All that trash in Siege is 100% unnecessary, and just made all the more odd that Madness is more like ToC in regards to zero trash. Except the inexplicable 5 minutes of pointless drakes prior to Ultra.

• sumwarsumwar Registered User regular
    Just did a LFR run yesterday and at the last fight, Deathwing, the freaking drops were 3X DPS spell daggers and one other item. What the hell, that shouldn't even be possible.

• tarnoktarnok Registered User regular
    You know what? I'm extremely happy with Cataclysm.

The difficulty was fine from the start. I think it's ok to have to cc stuff in heroic dungeons and generally proceed with caution. A few of the bosses had mechanics that were very difficult for pugs, but I only occasionally had a group that just couldn't get it right after a brief explanation.

I enjoyed the heroic retreads of old dungeons and would be happy if they found a way to give every dungeon a heroic version.

I've been playing since vanilla and this is the first expansion that I've been able to do raid content when it was current.

I'm not compelled to log in every day just to keep up with my allotment of vp; I can just play on the one or two days a week I have free if I want to.

The new quests for 1-60 are a huge improvement and in some zones are flat-out amazing (I went on a daring commando raid with Azeroth's version of Rambo, rode a flying motorcycle, and punched Deathwing in the face).

The raid finder looting system still doesn't prevent 100% of goosery, but at least I don't have to see the ret palladin needing on my healing trinket and winning.

And perhaps most importantly; there's a raid boss fight that involves riding on the back of an armor-plated, immortal mother-fucking dragon as he flies across the ocean on a mission to destroy the entire world.

There were flaws, but this was a good expansion.

Wii Code:
    0431-6094-6446-7088
    Also Madness takes about the half the time of Siege assuming your raid does a clean run.

All that trash in Siege is 100% unnecessary, and just made all the more odd that Madness is more like ToC in regards to zero trash. Except the inexplicable 5 minutes of pointless drakes prior to Ultra.

You mean the ones that tanks don't taunt down until the entire platform is covered in fire? Fun times :P

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    edited December 2011
    Warlock82 wrote:

You mean the ones that tanks don't taunt down until the entire platform is covered in fire? Fun times :P

Here's the thing though, having tanked it last night.

This isn't really fair to the tanks.

The options for Taunts/ranged attacks to pull down the drakes for tanks like Warrior, Druid and DK are extremely limited and/or have cooldowns to prevent them from bringing them down fast enough.

The Drakes are usually far enough out of range that you have to get all the way to the edge of the platform to bring down the drakes, and the amount of time it takes to do so prohibits the tanks from actually tanking the trash since they're constantly trying to run around and pull them down. Particularly when you get drake after drake way the fuck out by where you fight Ultra.

It works infinitely better for any number of range that have attacks that are at least 10yrds longer than anything any tank has access to (and most tanks the ONLY thing they can really do that isn't on a long cooldown is their taunt) and it's quicker for range to bring them down and tanks pick them up.

In fact I'd argue that is the way it should work.

People twiddling their thumbs and bitching about fire while doing nothing while the tanks are trying to pull down all that shit with their complete lack of range options are just causing the problem IMO.

The Dude With Herpes on

meh, I go into LFR on my pally as Ret. I keep Hand of Reckoning and Righteous Defense on my bars just for this fight.

Don't whine about my DPS while I'm doing it, and I'll gladly bring down every single drake so the tanks can pick them up.

Warlock82 wrote:

The options for Taunts/ranged attacks to pull down the drakes for tanks like Warrior, Druid and DK are extremely limited and/or have cooldowns to prevent them from bringing them down fast enough.

The Drakes are usually far enough out of range that you have to get all the way to the edge of the platform to bring down the drakes, and the amount of time it takes to do so prohibits the tanks from actually tanking the trash since they're constantly trying to run around and pull them down. Particularly when you get drake after drake way the fuck out by where you fight Ultra.

It works infinitely better for any number of range that have attacks that are at least 10yrds longer than anything any tank has access to (and most tanks the ONLY thing they can really do that isn't on a long cooldown is their taunt) and it's quicker for range to bring them down and tanks pick them up.

People twiddling their thumbs and bitching about fire while doing nothing while the tanks are trying to pull down all that shit with their complete lack of range options are just causing the problem IMO.

I don't know.. :P All I know is that I'm melee so I literally am forced to twiddle my thumbs waiting for someone to do something as I can't hit them otherwise :)

Just curious, anyone else disconnecting like mad? Only a problem today, weird. My internet is pretty good.

• tarnoktarnok Registered User regular
    sumwar wrote:
    Just curious, anyone else disconnecting like mad? Only a problem today, weird. My internet is pretty good.

I disconnected two or three times trying to finish Fall of Deathwing on my mage.

Wii Code:
    0431-6094-6446-7088
    Warlock82 wrote:
    I don't know.. :P All I know is that I'm melee so I literally am forced to twiddle my thumbs waiting for someone to do something as I can't hit them otherwise :)
    Which class? Because some melee specs can help get drakes down if they're not doing anything else. And TDWH is right, on 25 man that encounter really isn't meant for just the tanks to pull everything down while everyone else just sits in the middle waiting for dragons to land near them. Any hunters should be distracting shotting on cooldown, paladins should taunting like crazy (even holy paladins if no one needs healing at the moment), etc.

edited December 2011
    forty wrote:
    Warlock82 wrote:
    Which class? Because some melee specs can help get drakes down if they're not doing anything else. And TDWH is right, on 25 man that encounter really isn't meant for just the tanks to pull everything down while everyone else just sits in the middle waiting for dragons to land near them. Any hunters should be distracting shotting on cooldown, paladins should taunting like crazy (even holy paladins if no one needs healing at the moment), etc.

Rogue... we have no taunts and our only ranged attack is throw :P

Warlock82 on
    Sounds like you need to be redirecting 5 CPs to a flying dragon and firing a Deadly Throw!

edited December 2011
    forty wrote:
    Sounds like you need to be redirecting 5 CPs to a flying dragon and firing a Deadly Throw!

So, once every minute I can do like 5000 damage to one? Oo boy :P I took Deadly Throw off my bars awhile ago, I hate that ability. So worthless.

Warlock82 on
  • GooseyGooseGooseyGoose Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote:

As a warrior, I throw vigilance on the other tank. Every time he gets hit, my taunt is refreshed. I don't know if other tanks have a similar tool, but I single-handedly taunt every god damn dragon down in 10 and 25 man like a boss.

No other tank has anything like Vigilance. Bears only have Growl as their taunt. I don't know if FFF pulls dragons down or not. DKs have Dark Command as their taunt, and Death Grip, but DG has a 35-second cooldown.

Oh man I'm queueing for heroics for the first time in a long time as a dps. Queue times so long T.T. I don't wanna heal all the time for lfr/heroics or tank all the time for heroics but doing heroics as dps or lfr as tank has such long queue times. QQ woe is me.

• Dronus86Dronus86 Now with cheese!Registered User regular
    So we cleared to Madness last night with a healer who had only done LFR, and once again we were plagued with glitches jumping from Ysera to Kalcegos. We only got four pulls in but on three of them someone died to falling off the edge instead of being launched across. Everyone has been told not to jump, as far as I can tell no one does, everyone walks off the same area, but every single night we attempt Madness we have a series of wipes because one person bit it to a glitch (10 man, so we can't spare 1 person). It'd even be less shitty if we could at least brez them, but no, we can't. They are gone, gone, gone.

I can honestly and comfortably say that the reason we haven't killed Madness yet is because of glitches and shitty-ass attendance. Every week since 4.3 dropped we've had to replace at least one person, usually with someone new.

I really hate raiding sometimes, because I feel held back by things that shouldn't hold me back.

Look at me. Look at me. Look at how large the monster inside me has become.
    Crunch Crunch! Munch Munch! Chomp Chomp! Gulp!
    forty wrote:
    No other tank has anything like Vigilance. Bears only have Growl as their taunt. I don't know if FFF pulls dragons down or not. DKs have Dark Command as their taunt, and Death Grip, but DG has a 35-second cooldown.

FFF doesn't. Gotta growl on cooldown basically.

I've geared a couple 85's recently to LFR levels and I'm finding battlegrounds until ilvl 353 is the answer. Normal heroics are only done by people with bad gear, they are hard IMO relative to ilvl requirement, and I just keep wiping on them trying to get one more item so I have ilvl 353 lol. I think I might go back to bg's for this last justice point item.

This discussion has been closed.