As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Black is white and white is black

TubeTube Registered User admin
edited July 2007 in Debate and/or Discourse
I defy you to prove otherwise.

Tube on

• FirstComradeStalinFirstComradeStalin Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Black is the absence of white.

FirstComradeStalin on
    Picture1-4.png
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited June 2007
    WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS A PILE ON

YOU D&DERS ARE ALL RETARDED

PILING ON ME BECAUSE I HAVE A DIFFERENT VIEW TO YOU

GOD THIS FORUM SUCKS

Tube on
  • FirstComradeStalinFirstComradeStalin Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Tits or gtfo

FirstComradeStalin on
    Picture1-4.png
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Neither are colors, so who cares.

moniker on
  • ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited June 2007
    An object is defined as black when it absorbs light of all frequencies. An object is defined as white when it reflects light of all frequencies. Given that the respective properties are defined as being very different things, it is demonstrably incorrect to say that they're the same thing.

Now, you could claim victory by asserting that you have different definitions for "black" and "white" that are actually the same, or that what you mean is "Mr. Black is a white guy, and Mr. White is a black guy," but that's sort of cheating.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
    edited June 2007
    Oh right so my viewpoint is less valid than yours

you're retarded

Tube on
    edited June 2007
    I mean, GRARRR <insert ad hom here>

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    The fact is Black was named black, and recorded as such. Unless you have proof from an earlier age of the official naming of black and/or white then the previous remains as fact.

ALSO: REVENGE THREAD! TO ARMS!

The Black Hunter on
    edited June 2007

you're retarded

Wait, we need to more rigidly define "valid" before this conversation can continue.

ElJeffe on
  • JinniganJinnigan Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    i agree with eljeffe also ct is a fgty fgt mcfgt

ain't never seen no baby pigeons

therefore

Jinnigan on
    whatifihadnofriendsshortenedsiggy2.jpg
  • JohannenJohannen Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

you're retarded

Why is you're location written backwards? And why is there another version of you with the name and the title and everything typed backwards?

Johannen on
  • VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    ElJeffe wrote: »

you're retarded

Wait, we need to more rigidly define "valid" before this conversation can continue.

Cite.

VishNub on
  • Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    An object is defined as black when it absorbs light of all frequencies. An object is defined as white when it reflects light of all frequencies. Given that the respective properties are defined as being very different things, it is demonstrably incorrect to say that they're the same thing.

Now, you could claim victory by asserting that you have different definitions for "black" and "white" that are actually the same, or that what you mean is "Mr. Black is a white guy, and Mr. White is a black guy," but that's sort of cheating.

Barry White and Frank Black are the same person?

Vincent Grayson on
    edited June 2007

you're retarded

whatever man, this is just because I'm from SE so you're all piling onto me.

Tube on
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Johannen wrote: »

you're retarded

Why is you're location written backwards? And why is there another version of you with the name and the title and everything typed backwards?

He did a name swap with blankspace, but they typed everything backwards.

WHY WOULD YOU NOT KNOW THIS?

The Black Hunter on
  • StarcrossStarcross Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    That's just his opinion man. He's got a right to his own opinion just like anyone. Stop jumping all over him just because you've got a different opinion.

Why can't we all, like, live in peace.

Starcross on
  • Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Johannen wrote: »

you're retarded

He did a name swap with blankspace, but they typed everything backwards.

WHY WOULD YOU NOT KNOW THIS?

Hey Black Hunter, are you black, and a hunter, or do you hunt blacks?

Vincent Grayson on
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    pfft, nice strawman

tyrannus on
    edited June 2007

White is when you mix all pigments together, though.

brain asplode!

moniker on
    edited June 2007
    Starcross wrote: »
    That's just his opinion man. He's got a right to his own opinion just like anyone. Stop jumping all over him just because you've got a different opinion.

Fuck you! you dont know how i feel!

Stop generalising my feelings just because i come from a different forum!

@Vincent: I go hunting and i have a black hoody.

STOP VICTIMIZING ME BECAUSE MY NAME ISNT UP TO YOUR STANDARDS!

FUCK.

The Black Hunter on
  • Manning'sEquationManning'sEquation Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

you're retarded

Just because this person is from a place where people do not value logic does not mean that his opinion at least to him is any less valid. He can be wrong to the whole world and right to himself?

Manning'sEquation on
    edited June 2007

Because of the number of hippies in the world.

moniker on
    edited June 2007
    moniker wrote: »

well we all can't be stuffy architect suits like you moniker.... I MEAN SUIT!!!

Manning'sEquation on
    edited June 2007

I wish, all I am right now is an unemployed mooch.

Can you spare some change?

moniker on
  • ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

brain asplode!

I thought that was brown. Of course I'm recalling this from my days of fingerpainting, but when you mix all the paints don't they make brown? Of course paints != pigments.

I'll be going now

Shogun on
    edited June 2007
    Shogun wrote: »

brain asplode!

I thought that was brown. Of course I'm recalling this from my days of fingerpainting, but when you mix all the paints don't they make brown? Of course paints != pigments.

I'll be going now

Thats only cheap paints, so says my art teacher.

And white is when all colours are in a perfect balance. Black is an utter lack of colour.

Technicaly neither of them are colours. But contrasts/shades.

The Black Hunter on
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

you're retarded

Just because this person is from a place where people do not value logic does not mean that his opinion at least to him is any less valid. He can be wrong to the whole world and right to himself?

Well, that depends. Is SE++ a religion? If it is, he's automatically immune from criticism for no apparent reason.

jothki on
    edited June 2007

brain asplode!

I'll be going now

And white is when all colours are in a perfect balance. Black is an utter lack of colour.

You had color theory as well, I take it.

moniker on
    edited June 2007

brain asplode!

I'll be going now

You had color theory as well, I take it.

No, just a really smart dumb dad.

He is the most intelligent repairman ever.

The Black Hunter on
    edited June 2007

Yes cuase I have a jurrrbbb!!!

Seriously you couldn't find work as a autocad monkey or nothing?

Manning'sEquation on
    edited June 2007

I haven't really been that serious with the looking just yet thanks to family type schtuff. I'm going to flood the streets with me resume next week. Hopefully working at a medium firm in an architecture related capacity, but I may just settle on CAD monkey so I can quit my shitty summer job at Target.

moniker on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited June 2007
    THIS THREAD IS NOW ABOUT PUPPY CUPCAKES

<gigantic gif of some ugly chick dressed up like a anime character>

<some sort of animated furry gif>

ololz

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited June 2007
    Irond Will wrote: »

ololz

I enjoyed posting intellectual stuff D:

All 5-6 lines of it...

Oh well
    PuppyCupcake.JPG

The Black Hunter on
    edited June 2007

I haven't really been that serious with the looking just yet thanks to family type schtuff. I'm going to flood the streets with me resume next week. Hopefully working at a medium firm in an architecture related capacity, but I may just settle on CAD monkey so I can quit my shitty summer job at Target.

Good luck bro. If architecture is any thing like engineering, then you shouldn't have to much trouble finding work. Engineers are in high demand at present.

Manning'sEquation on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Black people are the new white people.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Podly wrote: »
    Black people are the new white people.

Reverse racism!

jothki on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    41MYF9NP22L._AA240_.jpg ?

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited June 2007
    Irond Will wrote: »

ololz

I enjoyed posting intellectual stuff D:

All 5-6 lines of it...

Oh well
    PuppyCupcake.JPG

Wow that's pretty good at short notice.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Studies have shown that 90% of black people are white people, while only 60% of white people wish they were black people.

Assuming that I wouldn't know such a basic fact is asinine.

KalTorak on
  • kdrudykdrudy Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I don't know what it's like where all of you live, but all the black where I live is in fact white while all the white is in fact black. I think some of you should get out into the real world if you think this is not the case because I've seen it like this myself.

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg