As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Please don't go. [chat] needs you. They look up to you.

• Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    Cokebotle wrote:
    I love lamb though

lambs are so cute and so tasty!

I like how my gf's family makes it - with lots of cumin.

I love it curry and my mom roasts it traditional style. a whole leg it's the best

she's started braising it and that's all kinds of good

I like lamb rare - I don't think I've ever had it braised. I guess maybe like a shoulder you'd use for stew?

Lamb is really a great meat - it's a shame that it's kind of hard to come by in the US.

A local chinese place used to make an awesome spicy cumin lamb stir-fry. I miss that place.

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    oh snap will I went to kentucky and had a grand old time

my friend wrote an article about it

http://hoopspeak.com/college/2011/12/lexington-diary/

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    toronto dinner #2 is making me all anxiously excited

I reserved one more seat than we needed and then it turned out someone was bringing his wife so that was a really good call

i feel really smart right now

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Cokebotle wrote:
    Ok, and the stainless steel version of this watch looks quite nice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rJR4ExTsQs

That's also not a horrible price for a nice watch: $189

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    Cokebotle wrote:
    Interesting... I also haven't had pork loin for a long time. I need to rectify this.

pork shoulder is where it's at. pork loin needs to be brined and cooked delicately otherwise it's just dry and bland to me.

Wqdwp8l.png
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Paper done! Just need to edit! Yay!

u7stthr17eud.png
  • CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Ha, nevermind!

Cokebotle on
    工事中

did you drink all the whiskeys?

i have heard tales of whiskey tours and think they sound awesome.

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Dr Mario KartDr Mario Kart Games Dealer Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    soft meat without much flavor doesnt seem like a great selling point. You might as well make something like a spoon roast - you got your tender, your flavor and less cruelty.

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    a) you know it's bad when you're beating out Elendil
    b) your friend works for Hoopspeak?!

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    they gave tyler perry another TV show?

Irond Will wrote:
    Cokebotle wrote:
    Interesting... I also haven't had pork loin for a long time. I need to rectify this.

pork shoulder is where it's at. pork loin needs to be brined and cooked delicately otherwise it's just dry and bland to me.

I'd do it in a crock pot and slow cook it all day. Think it would still need to be brined then?

工事中
  • MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    Colorado is a great place for lamb
    The best lamb

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    life is pretty good

i hang out with pony and act sassy

good times

Scanning down the page, my brain parsed this as
    i hang out with pony and have ecstasy

and I did a mental double take.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote:
    spool32 wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:
    seriously guys i didn't play any video games for months and then skyrim hit me like a junk habit.

I have 140 hours into it now. I am going home to add 6 more to the total.

i have run 4 characters up to L40 and then abandoned them. I don't even think I've gotten past meeting the shouty monks in the main quest.

hah, you should stop doing side quests and just go 100% Main Story Up Ins.

Disclaimer: I also haven't finished the main quest yet...

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Kagera wrote:
    desc wrote:
    Where is UPS with my package!

At least you didn't go with FedEx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKUDTPbDhnA&sns=em

Video cannot be played on my phone for some reason.

soft meat without much flavor doesnt seem like a great selling point. You might as well make something like a spoon roast - you got your tender, your flavor and less cruelty.

You have to account for the mystique of eating baby animals

It's a time-honored thing

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Eddy wrote:
    because he's terrible at golf, Dee, gosh.

but seriously i said that to curry favor with the 99%

I m terrible at golf. I will refrain from monogamming my shit. I did however upgrade from my bad religion patched golf bag

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Also WHERE IS UPS WITH RISK: LEGACY

Irond Will wrote:

did you drink all the whiskeys?

i have heard tales of whiskey tours and think they sound awesome.

they're all sort of samey after a tour or two but they're still amazing. Buffalo Trace is like fucking hogwarts and maker's mark lets you dip your own bottle. the tour for woodford was a bit boring but it's worth just going out there and seeing it. it's gorgeous.

• Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Will. There are prion wasting diseases that will drop weight like cray cray. There are no side effects other than death!

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    the one time I 'took' ectasy (someone slipped into my drink at a club because they thought i needed to loosen up and party

i spent the next few hours blacking out and vomiting a whole lot

no thank you

Cokebotle wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:
    Cokebotle wrote:

I'd do it in a crock pot and slow cook it all day. Think it would still need to be brined then?

if you're gonna do that, don't use loin. Use shoulder or country-style ribs or something. It'll be cheaper and much better-suited to slow-cooking.

Loin should be IMO brined and either roasted relatively high or pan-cooked.

Wqdwp8l.png
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    I just recently found out what 'losing my religion' actually means.

V. disappointing. Took away the mystique.

• WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote:
    We should just smear mayo on our faces and thighs, do what comes naturally

tumblr_lrkk2gLOdR1qa3kvf.gif

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    @spool32 I have a hundred hours and I still haven't finished the damn main quest. What is it about that game that brings out my total lack of focus?

the one time I 'took' ectasy (someone slipped into my drink at a club because they thought i needed to loosen up and party

no thank you

That sucks.

I guess the selling point is that the flavor is delicate enough that it won't compete with other delicate flavors - like veal piccata. Beefy beef would just overpower the citrus & capers & wine.

Still though i basically agree. Veal parmesan is kind of a stupid dish.

Wqdwp8l.png
    Wash, is that woman a lizard?

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    desc wrote:
    Seriously

Enh

Dredmore for $ < better roguelikes for free

Are you really going to sit there beating your head against binding of isaa

Buy an mp3 album for that money

what is a free roguelike for mac then mister fancy pants

stone soup

I already have this game!

Will. There are prion wasting diseases that will drop weight like cray cray. There are no side effects other than death!

brb eating dogfood-grade hamburger raw

Wqdwp8l.png
    desc wrote:
    Seriously

Enh

Dredmore for $ < better roguelikes for free

Are you really going to sit there beating your head against binding of isaa

Buy an mp3 album for that money

what is a free roguelike for mac then mister fancy pants

stone soup

I already have this game!

you make me so mad

• WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    Feral wrote:
    Wash, is that woman a lizard?

I don't know what Tyra is anymore, Feral.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
    Cokebotle wrote:

This is the Star Wars cellist?

no thank you

That sounds more like a roofie than E, dang

• Dr Mario KartDr Mario Kart Games Dealer Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    ectasy shouldnt involve blacking out and/or puking. Though what you get out of a drug seems to be modulated by mindset, so having it slipped into a drink is probably not the optimal conditions. Alternatively, most of it is cut with something unpleasant which may cause those symptoms. MDMA should be all about feeling fucking fantastic. So so fantastic.

Cokebotle wrote:

behold

the reincarnation of mannheim steamroller

Wqdwp8l.png
    Feral wrote:
    Cokebotle wrote:

This is the Star Wars cellist?

Yep! They have a YouTube channel, ThePianoGuys. I really like their cover of David Guetta's Without You and Adele's Rolling in the Deep.

工事中
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    It's also worth noting that since about 1998, anything called "ecstasy" is probably not actually ecstasy.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
This discussion has been closed.