As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

pro[chat]ting

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    wouldn't the genocide of a majority population be worse

that's more people!

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Gooey wrote:
    maybe the reason i have such disdain for everything V:TM. all the kids i knew who played it were the worst kind of hot topic goth push-up-your-glasses giganerds who had vampire alter-egos and would call each other names like "lucius" and "night raven" and all that

and it's ruined me on the series.

like, every time i try to play V:TM Bloodlines my eyes roll so hard i fall out of my chair

The worst thing is disliking a thing because of its fanbase.

Unless you intend to be a part of the fanbase, i guess.

Normally I would agree with you, but you're talking about a social roleplaying game here. The fanbase, the culture, and the game itself are all inextricably tied to one another. So I think avoiding it because you don't fit in with the culture is just fine.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote:
    Gooey wrote:
    Gooey wrote:
    maybe the reason i have such disdain for everything V:TM. all the kids i knew who played it were the worst kind of hot topic goth push-up-your-glasses giganerds who had vampire alter-egos and would call each other names like "lucius" and "night raven" and all that

like, every time i try to play V:TM Bloodlines my eyes roll so hard i fall out of my chair

The worst thing is disliking a thing because of its fanbase.

Unless you intend to be a part of the fanbase, i guess.

i don't think that's the worst thing

It's the worst thing ever.

worse than the borg/daleks/hitler/episode 1?

Episode one was an instant classic.

I now dislike V:TM because of Gooey's description of the fanbase.

• Options
    Organichu wrote:
    Gooey wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    I had a really fucking frightening waking dream just now where I was laying in my bed (which is where I am now) in the same exact position and everything and this dark ghostly spectre comes in and lays down right next to me and telepathically begs me not to "give her up" by calling to her like uh demon jailer who is some other ghostly spectre thing tracking her. I can't move or talk and I start to panic trying to get myself to move and I keep screaming out mentally for help. I'm silent but she can hear me. She's lying right in front of me, inches away, shimmering black in the darkness of my bedroom, and she gets wide-eyed and panicked and props herself up and like tries to make me be quiet and grabs my man boob. And then I guess I woke up. Fucking bizarre.

what kind of ghost thinks you speak out of your man boob

i mean come on

we gotta do something about ethereal education

#occupyspectrestreet
    carrot can teach sex ed

• Options
    Organichu wrote:
    drez: was she hot?

I'm worried it was my mom.

• Options
    I have a nightmare that I still remember vividly 15 years after it happened.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote:
    the worst thing is probably, like, the systematic genocide of a minority class

That's p bad but wouldn't it be worse if it happened to everyone, not just a minority class?

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    ghosts probably aren't real

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Fuck. How the fucking fuck am I gonna get to sleep now?

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote:
    Organichu wrote:
    Gooey wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    I had a really fucking frightening waking dream just now where I was laying in my bed (which is where I am now) in the same exact position and everything and this dark ghostly spectre comes in and lays down right next to me and telepathically begs me not to "give her up" by calling to her like uh demon jailer who is some other ghostly spectre thing tracking her. I can't move or talk and I start to panic trying to get myself to move and I keep screaming out mentally for help. I'm silent but she can hear me. She's lying right in front of me, inches away, shimmering black in the darkness of my bedroom, and she gets wide-eyed and panicked and props herself up and like tries to make me be quiet and grabs my man boob. And then I guess I woke up. Fucking bizarre.

i mean come on

#occupyspectrestreet
    carrot can teach sex ed

I'll get the pottery wheel.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    oh my god these snow scenes my bonor is so big for japan

• Options
    spool32 wrote:

Yeah. Me too.

• Options
    Organichu wrote:

That's p bad but wouldn't it be worse if it happened to everyone, not just a minority class?

Violent J winning the Presidency is worse than either of those things.

• Options
    Gooey wrote:
    if ghosts aren't real then who drinks the milk and eats the cookies I leave out

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Organichu wrote:

i mean, isn't it necessarily the case that the majority are fucking the minority in the face?

if everyone's being fucked then no one is left to be the fucker

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Oh wow. 'Keynesian economics -> retreat from Iraq -> fall of America' in the CBS/poor thread

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Just waiting for the 'sheeple'

TL DR on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote:
    Organichu wrote:
    Gooey wrote:
    Drez wrote:

i mean come on

#occupyspectrestreet
    carrot can teach sex ed

I'll get the pottery wheel.

oh jesus DK i just about choked on my drink and died here

• Options
    Elendil wrote:
    Gooey wrote:
    if ghosts aren't real then who drinks the milk and eats the cookies I leave out

Calling homeless people "ghosts" is p racist.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    I had a sleep paralysis thing once...

I actually found it pretty cool, but probably because I knew what it was. I hope it'll happen to me again. :)

• Options
    Drez wrote:

call the brost hunters drez

they will clear your apartment's ethereal plane

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Drez wrote:
    spool32 wrote:

Yeah. Me too.

In mine, part of the reason I remember it was that I was the evil one in the dream, and I woke up feeling exactly like I did - it took a good 2 or three minutes to shake off the extremely evil mindset. I remember what that feels like.

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote:
    Thanatos wrote:
    Organichu wrote:
    Historically, this has largely been true, however, I think that's just because we've focused on the wrong minorities.
    What?

8->

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    the worst nightmares are the ones that start out as sexy dreams and then everything goes south

• Options
    my sleep paralysis experience involved a demon too!

I guess that's how that whole deal got started

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    and dis little japanese kid so kawaii

• Options
    the majority of my dreams are lucid

it is pretty awesome, i love dreaming

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    and dis little japanese kid so kawaii

SO KAWAII

SO DESU

8->

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote:
    Organichu wrote:

i mean, isn't it necessarily the case that the majority are fucking the minority in the face?

if everyone's being fucked then no one is left to be the fucker
    well what about when a wealthy minority fucks over a poor majority

• Options
    Gooey wrote:
    Drez wrote:

It's not that I believe in ghosts. You have to understand. One of two things just happened:

a) An actual ghost just visited me, or,
    b) My own brain just trolled the fuck out of me.

Honestly? I'm less frightened by the ghosts. And that, in and of itself, Is a frightening prospect. Afraid of my own fucking imagination.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote:
    the majority of my dreams are lucid

it is pretty awesome, i love dreaming

how do you do that?

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    http://animalsbeingdicks.com/page/2

this just made me laugh for about seven minutes

my chest hurts

• Options
    I remember my dreams about once per month, or less. But this is probably a byproduct of the sleep training I did.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote:

basically yeah

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Went to my friends house since he is in town for Christmas. Had homemade sloppy joes, not manwhich but from scratch, potato salad and normal salad. Then two homemade cheese crepes with orange sauce. I am so full right now. Also barely made it home in the snow. I need snow tires on my civic something fierce. Doesn't help we will probably get a foot and a half tonight.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    I forgot that Minority Report was actually a pretty cool movie up to a certain point

• Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    Sometimes I can't tell if I'm lying awake in bed or dreaming about lying awake in bed

• Options
    Pony wrote:
    Elendil wrote:

basically yeah

The whole thing got started because of demonic visitations?

OK.

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote:

yeah no this had zero gothery going on

It's not a vampire game without goth. Like if no one has a labret piercing then wtf just call it a vtm inspired game.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Drez wrote:
    Gooey wrote:
    Drez wrote:

It's not that I believe in ghosts. You have to understand. One of two things just happened:

a) An actual ghost just visited me, or,
    b) My own brain just trolled the fuck out of me.

Honestly? I'm less frightened by the ghosts. And that, in and of itself, Is a frightening prospect. Afraid of my own fucking imagination.

My brain has trolled me this way a tons of times in my life. It basically means I give up sleeping for the night, read a book with my light and listen to music.

u7stthr17eud.png
This discussion has been closed.