As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

When Sysadmins Ruled the [Chat]

• JinniganJinnigan Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Podly wrote: »
    Jinnigan wrote: »
    PODLY RESPOND TO MY CRITICISMS

Actually, facebook is a platform. It has a specific engine that you half to design widgit like social apps.
    [/url]

yeah i went through and read some more

but i don't understand the point it's trying to make? FB is not an internet ISP and so what's bad for one is not necessarily bad for the other, also, the article still doesn't have a point

i mean facebook still has classic advertising so why would developers "need" to develop for the FB-specific apps, unless they wanted to make a FB-specific app?

what the fuck

Jinnigan on
    whatifihadnofriendsshortenedsiggy2.jpg
  • ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited June 2007
    Hey.

HEY GUYS.

Johannen just got two weeks off for that stupid-ass stunt of his. There's enough tension between D&D and the rest of the forums, and that shit doesn't fucking help matters. This sort of "LOOK I'M BETTER THAN YOU HO HO HO" mentality is why a lot of people fucking hate us.

Knock it off.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2007
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Also yeah - seriously don't fuck with the SE people just to do it. If you want to post over there that's great and I encourage it, but don't be a jackass and especially don't use this retarded inter-forum rivalry bullshit as a springboard.
    We'll never win with that kind of attitude, coach.

I wish Dyna was our coach.

We'd be pumped with steroids and pumping cheerleaders.
    No rookie mistakes like Johannen's on any team of mine, that's for damn sure.

Dynagrip on
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Hey.

HEY GUYS.

Johannen just got two weeks off for that stupid-ass stunt of his. There's enough tension between D&D and the rest of the forums, and that shit doesn't fucking help matters. This sort of "LOOK I'M BETTER THAN YOU HO HO HO" mentality is why a lot of people fucking hate us.

Knock it off.

Should we give SE some puppy cupcakes as an apology?

moniker on
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2007
    Hey.

HEY GUYS.

Knock it off.
    It actually kind of feels like y'all are stirring things up and I'm not so sure your thread is going to help any.

Dynagrip on
  • Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Hey.

HEY GUYS.

Knock it off.

What exactly did he do? I somehow missed whatever thread chronicled this stunt.

Vincent Grayson on
  • Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Hey.

HEY GUYS.

Knock it off.

It went down here. If you flip through the last couple of pages you should be able to get the gist.

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
    edited June 2007
    Hey.

HEY GUYS.

Knock it off.

He took a stance he didn't agree with in SE so as to illustrate some point or other, and then came back here to brag about how all those stupid SE people are so retarded and predictable.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Hey.

HEY GUYS.

Knock it off.
    It actually kind of feels like y'all are stirring things up and I'm not so sure your thread is going to help any.
    That's how I feel. Throwing Joh under the bus is cold. Just give him his punishment and drop it, no need to drag it out. Like a total of 17 posters would have ever even noticed what happened if it wasn't for your thread.

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • ALockslyALocksly Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Drama

ALocksly on
    Yes,... yes, I agree. It's totally unfair that sober you gets into trouble for things that drunk you did.
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    My brother just broke my espresso cups. He's only be home twenty minutes! Bah.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    The iPhone thread is classic.

Fencingsax on
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Only a few emails to answer, then... four day weekend!

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Andrew_JayAndrew_Jay Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Richy wrote: »
    The people in my office are dwindling off.

Either I'm in a bad horror movie, or it'll be cool to jet very soon.

Andrew_Jay on
  • Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Andrew_Jay wrote: »

Revenge of the Cursed Pencil Sharpner!

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Well, shit. I didn't notice there was a new D&D Phalla starting so soon. Now I'm dead in the ODaM one, and utterly phallaless.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
    edited June 2007
    celery77 wrote: »
    That's how I feel. Throwing Joh under the bus is cold. Just give him his punishment and drop it, no need to drag it out. Like a total of 17 posters would have ever even noticed what happened if it wasn't for your thread.

So instead of 17 posters thinking we're all a bunch of tools and that we can go over there and stir shit up with impunity, far more than 17 posters become aware that we don't condone that shit, that it's not what we're about, and that we try to keep our own in line.

Joh's a good guy. But man, that sort of shit is not helpful, and I wanted to reinforce the idea that that shit is not helpful and won't be condoned, both to D&D and to SE.

Will it backfire? Sure, maybe. But I doubt it'll make things worse - at worst, it just won't make things better.

ElJeffe on
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I have no idea what is going on here

Senjutsu on
    edited June 2007
    Oh wait I found it

good christ was that dumb

Senjutsu on
    edited June 2007
    Senjutsu wrote: »

Jazz Hands

moniker on
  • naporeonnaporeon Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Hey, guys.

I met some of you over in the Whining forum.

You seem like decent enough guys.

I would partake of intercupcakes with you.

naporeon on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    naporeon wrote: »
    Hey, guys.

Naporeaon you totally should have stayed at Elba that place was tight

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Hey, guys.

I wish we had that forum back. It was fun.

Vincent Grayson on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Is it a perma or temp?

Fencingsax on
    edited June 2007
    Hey, guys.

Naporeaon you totally should have stayed at Elba that place was tight
    I believe you mean Erba.

naporeon on
    edited June 2007
    Hey, guys.

I wish we had that forum back. It was fun.

No whining!

moniker on
  • PotUPotU __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007
    Uh, temporary, two weeks.

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Hey, guys.

Excellent.
    We require a diversity of new genetic material. Our existing gene pool is proving to be... lacking.
    Tell your friends!

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Andrew_Jay wrote: »

I have been waiting since 9:30 this morning (it's now just after 1pm) for the mail to arrive so I could actually have some work to do.

I just found out that there is likely going to be no mail today.

I have four hours left to fill somehow. :(

(Bonus, I'm the only one in the office. Dinger, I'm the only one in the office today and so have to be in the office today.)

LaOs on
    edited June 2007
    moniker wrote: »

Jazz Hands

I'm on speeeeddd

Senjutsu on
    edited June 2007
    Also, you can tell that I am posting in D&D, because over in SE++, our wordfilter changes all instances of "guys" to "gays".

naporeon on
  • LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    moniker wrote: »

Jazz Hands

I'm on speeeeddd

Still one of the best episodes ever. (At the very least, the best part of an episode.)

LaOs on
  • The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Also, you can tell that I am posting in D&D, because over in SE++, our wordfilter changes all instances of "guys" to "gays".
    So that's why that always comes up.

• PotUPotU __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007
    So that's why that always comes up.

Actually there hasn't been a need for this wordfilter yet.

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
    edited June 2007
    Hey, guys.

Bring some friends! Tuesday is Free Beer night.

ElJeffe on
    edited June 2007

So instead of 17 posters thinking we're all a bunch of tools and that we can go over there and stir shit up with impunity, far more than 17 posters become aware that we don't condone that shit, that it's not what we're about, and that we try to keep our own in line.

Joh's a good guy. But man, that sort of shit is not helpful, and I wanted to reinforce the idea that that shit is not helpful and won't be condoned, both to D&D and to SE.

Will it backfire? Sure, maybe. But I doubt it'll make things worse - at worst, it just won't make things better.
    Whatevs -- based on some of the wild misconceptions that just seemingly a small handful of posters held about this board, I didn't really care what opinion they held of me, and I was going to go over and post in SE++ same as I always did. The day that all the people bitching about us actually posted over here, maybe I'd care more, but they don't, so I don't, and that's all I really care to say about it from now on.

I'm glad to see some SE++ posters dropping by the [chat] thread -- I like the conversations we have in here a lot and I always welcome more voices.

edited June 2007
    Hey, guys.

Would you say there is a "plethora" of beer?

naporeon on
    edited June 2007
    Hey, guys.

Wait hold on -- no one has told me this about Tuesday before -- what the fuck is going on here?

• ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Hey, guys.

Would you say there is a "plethora" of beer?
    Indeed, a veritable cornucopia.

Thanatos on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Hey, guys.

Wait hold on -- no one has told me this about Tuesday before -- what the fuck is going on here?
    Goddammit, Jeffe, now cel is going to be showing up for free beer night, with his shitty-ass Natty Light.

Thanatos on
This discussion has been closed.