As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

When Sysadmins Ruled the [Chat]

• LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    mtvcdm wrote: »
    So what exactly did Johannen do now? Because 'trolling' could mean a lot of things.

It seems as though it was a mini Sub-Forum raid coupled with elitist pompery and the like.

LaOs on
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    LaOs wrote: »
    So what exactly did Johannen do now? Because 'trolling' could mean a lot of things.

It seems as though it was a mini Sub-Forum raid coupled with elitist pompery and the like.

"Being a jackass in SE++" sums it up pretty well. :|

Aldo on
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    You thought I was putting lip balm on my hypothetical vag?

No, that just sounds odd. I was thinking more about some S&M stuff... rubber masks and the like.

The comment about being fooled an thinking you're a girl was unrelated to the lip balm stuff. I just threw it in there to trap you.
    I'm glad we both know where we stand now. Rubber suits does make more sense than what I was proposing.

And it occurs to me that I've not had any seedy PMs in a while from people assuming that I am a young girl who looks just like Emma Watson and most likely wants some kind of weird internet relationship with a big strong forumer.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited June 2007
    naporeon wrote: »
    Hey, guys.

I met some of you over in the Whining forum.

You seem like decent enough guys.

I would partake of intercupcakes with you.
    Are they puppy cupcakes?

For those are partakeable.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited June 2007
    moniker wrote: »
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Doesn't Jeffe have to announce Joh's ban? I wish all the mods were more consistent about announcing their infractions and bans.

I'll announce the ban when I damn well feel like it.

Which, coincidentally, was about 30 seconds after I read this post.

Failing to post about things like this should be an infractionable offense. Go stand in front of a mirror and yell at yourself, Jeffe.

Don't forget to announce the infraction, though, or back to the mirror with you!

LaOs on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited June 2007
    Podly wrote: »
    Hey, guys.

Naporeaon you totally should have stayed at Elba that place was tight
    I believe you mean Erba.
    ororz

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Hey, guys.

Are they puppy cupcakes?

Why are you so obsessed with devouring puppies, Will?

moniker on
  • VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

No, that just sounds odd. I was thinking more about some S&M stuff... rubber masks and the like.

The comment about being fooled an thinking you're a girl was unrelated to the lip balm stuff. I just threw it in there to trap you.
    I'm glad we both know where we stand now. Rubber suits does make more sense than what I was proposing.

And it occurs to me that I've not had any seedy PMs in a while from people assuming that I am a young girl who looks just like Emma Watson and most likely wants some kind of weird internet relationship with a big strong forumer.

I can help you out, if you want.

VishNub on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited June 2007
    Hey.

HEY GUYS.

Johannen just got two weeks off for that stupid-ass stunt of his. There's enough tension between D&D and the rest of the forums, and that shit doesn't fucking help matters. This sort of "LOOK I'M BETTER THAN YOU HO HO HO" mentality is why a lot of people fucking hate us.

Knock it off.

What exactly did he do? I somehow missed whatever thread chronicled this stunt.

He took a stance he didn't agree with in SE so as to illustrate some point or other, and then came back here to brag about how all those stupid SE people are so retarded and predictable.

It wouldn't have agreed with most of D&D either. :/

So fucking stupid.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Hey, guys.

Are they puppy cupcakes?

With fetus-brain frosting?

VishNub on
  • Katchem_ashKatchem_ash __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007
    I don't know, you guys kept quite or ignored it while he was doing it. I don't know, you could have stopped him when he did say he was doing it.

Katchem_ash on
    edited June 2007

Damn that Emma. Is she eighteen yet? :(

That is what threw me off, though. That, and the fact that I thought you had posted something about you being a woman in a thread somewhere somewhen. I remember you're a dude, but sometimes not always right away.

LaOs on
  • Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    And lo, he did return with new possessions for which he did spend entirely too much

Actually, the only stuff I actually paid for were a shitty Pelican system selector (I can't find any better ones that don't run a hundred bucks) and Guitar Hero II w/ controller.

I used my trade credit at Bookman's to get used copies of KOTOR, RE: Code Veronica, Ministry of Space, and Harlan Ellison's Edgeworks Vol. 3.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Aldo wrote: »

"Being a jackass in SE++" sums it up pretty well. :|
    That could mean a lot of things too. 'Being a jackass in SE++' can mean 'posted picture of penis that isn't even your own' or it could mean 'mentioned watermelons in a thread with the word 'watermelon' in the title'.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
    edited June 2007
    celery77 wrote: »
    Hey, guys.

Bring some friends! Tuesday is Free Beer night.
    Wait hold on -- no one has told me this about Tuesday before -- what the fuck is going on here?
    It's beer, cel, not malt liquor. And it's for drinking not pouring for your dead homies.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited June 2007
    I don't know, you guys kept quite or ignored it while he was doing it. I don't know, you could have stopped him when he did say he was doing it.
    It's like watching a car crash happen. :(

Aldo on
    edited June 2007
    That could mean a lot of things too. 'Being a jackass in SE++' can mean 'posted picture of penis that isn't even your own' or it could mean 'mentioned watermelons in a thread with the word 'watermelon' in the title'.
    Okay, let me rephrase that:

"acted like a jackass in SE++ by my standards"

Which means that: yes, he was a jackass.

Aldo on
    edited June 2007
    And lo, he did return with new possessions for which he did spend entirely too much

Actually, the only stuff I actually paid for were a shitty Pelican system selector (I can't find any better ones that don't run a hundred bucks) and Guitar Hero II w/ controller.

I used my trade credit at Bookman's to get used copies of KOTOR, RE: Code Veronica, Ministry of Space, and Harlan Ellison's Edgeworks Vol. 3.

I take it your car didn't explode, then.

...hmm, you're not in London town, are you Target?

moniker on
  • JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Rawr I am hungry!

James on
    edited June 2007
    Exciting find of the day: My lip balm makes rubber really brittle.

I'm not so sure I want to know how you discovered that.

:oops:
    I put some of the end of my pencil and the rubber just crumbled off in mind. I hadn't realised the seedy undertones of my earlier statement, and I also don't really see the point in blowjobs with condoms (Although given that flavoured ones are quite popular, perhaps I'm being horrendously unsafe). Not that I go around giving head, I'm a bit too straight to take another guy's cock in my mouth.

Normally I catch these things before I just spurt them out, not today it would seem.
    I still haven't figured out if you're male or female and I've been trying to figure it out for like a year now.

It's a goddamned mystery is what it is.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    moniker wrote: »

I take it your car didn't explode, then.

...hmm, you're not in London town, are you Target?

No, I got that radiator plug replaced.

Also, I've never even been outside the States.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
    edited June 2007
    Doesn't Jeffe have to announce Joh's ban? I wish all the mods were more consistent about announcing their infractions and bans.

I'll announce the ban when I damn well feel like it.

Which, coincidentally, was about 30 seconds after I read this post.

You forgot to give cel the assist. Shame on you.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited June 2007
    That is true. Without cel, Joh might not have been busted.

Narc.

LaOs on
  • The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Hey, guys.

Wait hold on -- no one has told me this about Tuesday before -- what the fuck is going on here?
    It's beer, cel, not malt liquor. And it's for drinking not pouring for your dead homies.
    Oh so just forget the dead then, huh? Just cuz Joh acted the prick and ElJeffe had to do him in doesn't mean we still can't take a little time out to remember the fallen.

Fucking prick.

The Green Eyed Monster on
    edited June 2007

Report button. Or you could've just called him a jackass, and told him to knock it off.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited June 2007
    Aldo wrote: »
    Okay, let me rephrase that:

"acted like a jackass in SE++ by my standards"

Which means that: yes, he was a jackass.

No, it was trolling by PA's standards, not some special rule we just made up.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

Narc.
    You know? Foolish me, thinking Tube might actually take the time to click back a page or so in [chat]. I guess in the future I'll operate under the assumption that the Admin is too stupid to read what I'm writing here unless he's posting right below it.

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited June 2007
    That's true. I couldn't have done it without cel's snitching. Thanks, cel!

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
    edited June 2007
    Elkamil: that liming confuses me when coupled with your message...

LaOs on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Hey, guys.

Fuck you. I'll offer libations to my ***** Nate whenever I damn well please.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    edited June 2007
    Bum bum bum, Drama

moniker on
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    We should have a hands across the board one day.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
    edited June 2007
    ...Tube... is too stupid to read what I'm writing here...

Now I've got ya! Success is mine.

LaOs on
    edited June 2007

Narc.
    You know? Foolish me, thinking Tube might actually take the time to click back a page or so in [chat]. I guess in the future I'll operate under the assumption that the Admin is too stupid to read what I'm writing here unless he's posting right below it.

Also, cel... sarcasm.

LaOs on
  • Katchem_ashKatchem_ash __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007
    Elkamil wrote: »

Report button. Or you could've just called him a jackass, and told him to knock it off.

Uh, yeah. I never found out about what he was doing here until I search for him. Still most of you here were quiet and could have told him to knock it off without when he started it.

Or you know, tell us he was raiding. Either way, since this is D&D it was mostly the D&D's responsibility to control him and not the ones, including me, who were in SE++ and didn't know he was doing. I thought he was honestly defending them.

Katchem_ash on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    yo, cel

let's break out the O E Eight oh oh

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

Uh, yeah. I never found out about what he was doing here until I search for him. Still most of you here were quiet and could have told him to knock it off without when he started it.

Or you know, tell us he was raiding. Either way, since this is D&D it was mostly the D&D's responsibility to control him and not the ones, including me, who were in SE++ and didn't know he was doing. I thought he was honestly defending them.

Wait, what? If he's posting in SE, it's SE's responsibility to do something about it. I thought inter-forum modding was frowned upon.

James on
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I think if anyone you know quite well or speak too relatively often is being a turd you should atleast take the liberty of PMing them.

The Black Hunter on
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2007

Mods were right in the thread when the shit was posted. It was pretty clear that if the shit was actionable it was going to be moderated, no need for people to jump all over the snitch button. I mean hell, much of the discussion with CT, it seems downright silly to report posts that he's going to be actively reading. And the interforum mention was made in here while ElJeffe was posting and over there as well. I think all bases were covered.

Dynagrip on
    edited June 2007

Oh shut up. Seriously. It's not our reponsibility to do anything, really. The inter-forum modding is frowned upon, I'm sure. And I don't think anyone was encouraging him--he was just conversing with himself about it in here. I'm not even sure anyone commented on it.

Either way, I really don't think it's up to us to do anything. You could have told him off in SE++ for being an ass... or for going about what he was doing in an asshole-ish way, regardless of his intent.

Either way, this is the shit that I think we're trying to avoid. This bloo bloo'ing about who should have done what, Us VS Them, etc. I'm going to drop it now, and I suggest you do too, Ketchem (and everyone else).

LaOs on
This discussion has been closed.