As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Sick Tat, Brah

• Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    Snork wrote:
    so i finally got my fucking tattoo appointment! january 8th with http://onlyruscanjudgeme.com/ this guy. (ignore the bon jovi cover image). super excited. i wish i had an image of what the design is going to look like but that is for later, i guess.
    is there anything i should know about getting it done other than 'it hurts'? is consuming lots of sugar like a common thing that people do?

this artist seems super cool

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Snork wrote:
    so i finally got my fucking tattoo appointment! january 8th with http://onlyruscanjudgeme.com/ this guy. (ignore the bon jovi cover image). super excited. i wish i had an image of what the design is going to look like but that is for later, i guess.
    is there anything i should know about getting it done other than 'it hurts'? is consuming lots of sugar like a common thing that people do?

this artist seems super cool

The art is nice, but the comments he has on some of the pictures make him seem like kind of a douche.

BLM - ACAB
  • Ruby RhodRuby Rhod Multipass!Registered User regular
    I don't know, some of these random thoughts are hilarious to me
    while i was tattooing this today, my dog was at home chewing a hole through the side of his crate and escaping out into the house, where he decided to pee all over, which, if you aren't sure, is some total dickhead shit to do. hope you like living in the bathroom cedric.

some of them are hilarious though

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    phoenix
    this is amy's back. she asked for a rorschach style phoenix. i told her i had no idea how to do that, so i drew this.
    surprisingly, people seem to really love it.

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • SnorkSnork word Jamaica Plain, MARegistered User regular
    exactly. the one about the dog in bathroom is hilarious
    as is the one where he's like
    'this is based off some old ass sculpture. mine is way cooler but the original goes for like $8000. whatever'

• MortalToasterMortalToaster Registered User regular
    Alright, couldn't get my appointment scheduled for my 25th bday but the day after will have to do. Starting to get very excited about all this. I think I may eventually get all the tattoos.

• RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    best bizarro stormy post ever

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I was just at CVS and the cashier was a guy I've never seen before, but he had quite a number of tattoos on his arms

A few symbols I didn't recognize, but my eyes were drawn to the Green Goblin, Dr. Doom and Magneto tats

The work was fine, but they were just stock images of the characters, and kind of haphazardly placed on the arm

Kind of disappointing

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    Yeah I spent a good part of today reading through that guy's tattoo entries. I like this one and this one. Even if his work's not great, he seems like a pretty cool guy.

uc3ufTB.png
  • SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    This is the artist, the one who did @Usagi 's tattoo

http://www.amandawachob.com/gallery/skin/

I want a painting tattoo

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    wam has a cool tattoo

2x39jD4.jpg
    edited December 2011
    Truth

Love that octopus

Sheri on
    Also the flower/branch one

Okay all of WAM's tattoos are cool

• ThreeCubedThreeCubed Grandma Winky's fat ankles Registered User regular
    Sheri wrote: »

I want a painting tattoo

HOLY HELL! Those are freaking incredible!!

EyQGd.jpg
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Margarazzi wrote:
    Sheri wrote: »

I want a painting tattoo

HOLY HELL! Those are freaking incredible!!

I would have a real hard time trusting someone enough to pull this off
    skin_11_colby-289x300.jpg

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
    Well I mean

I want one of the abstract ones

I want the owl

• IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    Yes hello hi this tattoo is very suggestive.
    skin_5_annie.jpg

xet8c.gif
  • Sgt EversmanSgt Eversman Registered User regular
    She appears to be riding above that cock rooster

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.

Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome.
  • IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    I was quickly skimming through the threads and read this as Sick Tit Bra

ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Healing one boob at a time

Isoldae wrote:
    Yes hello hi this tattoo is very suggestive.
    skin_5_annie.jpg

clearly this sitting on this fence tattoo is only a statement about their political views

• MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Since I want a tattoo of something I'm passionate about, I want a plant tattoo. But the best thing I can come up with that isn't feminine (all the flowers I draw would not make manly tattoos), besides a venus fly trap, is a Monterey Cypress. Like so:

bigsur_009p.jpg

But a little stylized, and very little color. I think for my birthday the only thing I'm gonna ask for is money towards a tattoo. And I've been settled of having something like this on my shoulder for awhile, but originally it was going to be two trees, each having an intertwining branch. Now it's going to be just one, symbol of standing against the elements and such and such.

E: I could also put a small stump next to the one, but that might be because I'm in a very vindictive mood right now. Would probably look bad in the long run.

MetroidZoid on
    9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • GafotoGafoto Registered User regular
    How about a Bristlecone Pine? Oldest things on earth:
    pine.jpg
    I might get a tattoo of one of these. I got to work for the national forest where Metusaleh lives. Not very good shade to eat lunch under, but I made do.

sierracrest.jpg
  • GafotoGafoto Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Double post!

Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
  • MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    Hmmm ... they're cool too. But the I have a better connection with the cypress and having used to live on the coast and such.

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • AshokaAshoka A Hub subforum that works? Registered User regular
    MetroidZoid, what about a plant that is done as a botantical drawing? Nothing says manly like Science.

WNskB.jpg
  • TenTen Registered User regular
    My sister has been trying to get our family to get matching tattoos for years - we haven't been able to settle on a design though so it hasn't happened. The latest idea is a stylised infinity symbol made to look more like the letter 'S' (which our family name begins with), which has been the only design I've liked so far.

I have no idea where on my body I would get the tattoo if it happened though, or what size. Maybe just below my shoulder blade on my chest? I don't know.

• IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    Ten wrote:
    My sister has been trying to get our family to get matching tattoos for years - we haven't been able to settle on a design though so it hasn't happened. The latest idea is a stylised infinity symbol made to look more like the letter 'S' (which our family name begins with), which has been the only design I've liked so far.

I have no idea where on my body I would get the tattoo if it happened though, or what size. Maybe just below my shoulder blade on my chest? I don't know.

Tramp stamp clearly

ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
  • godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    You've got bigger problems to worry about, @Ten...why is your shoulder blade on your chest??

• TenTen Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    godmode wrote:
    You've got bigger problems to worry about, @Ten...why is your shoulder blade on your chest??

Wait, you know, the other shoulder thing - collarbone, that's what I meant. Dammit Jim, I'm a programmer, not a doctor.

Ten on
  • godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Oh, phew. You'll probably be okay after all!

• I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    obligatory picture of my dad's first ever tattoo
    l_bd4de74c6528fa372fcf23cd6dd8c65f.jpg

He has a gauntlet on his arm now which I will get a picture of and post later.

lfYVHTd.png
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    One of my friends will be getting a tattoo from one of the artists at the shop Amanda Wachob is at, can't remember which one, though.

uc3ufTB.png
  • nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    Sheri wrote:
    Also the flower/branch one

Okay all of WAM's tattoos are cool

So true.
    I was with her during that one! :3

nevillexmassig1.png
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Gafoto wrote:
    How about a Bristlecone Pine? Oldest things on earth:
    pine.jpg
    I might get a tattoo of one of these. I got to work for the national forest where Metusaleh lives. Not very good shade to eat lunch under, but I made do.

This reminds me, what was the name of the island where they discovered plants growing that were from the age of the dinosaurs? Like, the plants themselves weren't that old but their species were. There were some crazy looking trees and shit, but I can't think of their names or anything.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited December 2011
    Since I want a tattoo of something I'm passionate about, I want a plant tattoo. But the best thing I can come up with that isn't feminine (all the flowers I draw would not make manly tattoos), besides a venus fly trap, is a Monterey Cypress. Like so:

bigsur_009p.jpg

But a little stylized, and very little color. I think for my birthday the only thing I'm gonna ask for is money towards a tattoo. And I've been settled of having something like this on my shoulder for awhile, but originally it was going to be two trees, each having an intertwining branch. Now it's going to be just one, symbol of standing against the elements and such and such.

E: I could also put a small stump next to the one, but that might be because I'm in a very vindictive mood right now. Would probably look bad in the long run.

2hnop40.jpg

are these the same thing?

Garlic Bread on
This discussion has been closed.