As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PATV] Penny Arcade: The Series s.3 ep.6 - Weddings!

Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
edited December 2011 in The Penny Arcade Hub
This is such a great ep. Be sure to watch the bumper at the end.

http://penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/weddings

Some guy.
Robert Khoo on

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    It's Weddings! Plural!

This ep is so great.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Ever since I started watching PATV with this series (I think this forum helped me realize exactly what it was and how fun it is), I've got to admit that the PA folks seem to be the kind of people I would love to hang out with. It'd never happen, certainly, but it's still the type of people I'd like to hang out around.

Then again, the last wedding I attended had no less than 6 mentions of the Zombie Apocalypse in the ceremony and the reception, spurred on by the bachelor party essentially be a zombie war thing in full makeup and costume. Man, I love my cousins Megan and Zach.

Who was the guy at the end? There was something hilarious about him just wanting no part of dancing as the women clawed at him.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    agilemaniaagilemania Lyon EstatesRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    For those curious about Fehlauer's last name (Hayes what?) I found this blogpost earlier on Mike and Darlyn's wedding site.

agilemania on
  • Options
    agilemaniaagilemania Lyon EstatesRegistered User regular
    Athenor wrote:
    Who was the guy at the end? There was something hilarious about him just wanting no part of dancing as the women clawed at him.

That was Dave Coffman, the PAX guy, who was most prominently featured previously in S2E23: The Retreat.

Having been in similar situations myself where I was being forced into doing something that I didn't want to do, I'm willing to bet that he didn't find it funny.

• Options
    RayzeRayze Registered User regular
    I thought he was just drunk and needed to sit down. Definitely didn't look amused though

Man, I want Scott and Kris and to speak at my upcoming wedding. I'd probably be the only one laughing hysterically but I wouldn't care

Great episode overall. Beautiful locations and Erika and Darlyn looked really pretty.

• Options
    Sleepwalker9Sleepwalker9 Registered User regular
    Robert Khoo, wedding planner.

Xbox Live: Reborn9
  • Options
    TleilaxuTleilaxu Registered User regular
    Swords just make everything cooler.
    Open that champagne and cut that cake like a boss!

checkpointangrybirds.gif
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Very nice!

• Options
    HamjuHamju Registered User regular
    Robert Khoo, life planner.

kekekesigshortercuzthinsacunt.jpg
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    More like Mr. and Mrs. Happyhappy 8-)

Might be my favourite episode!

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    AshokaAshoka A Hub subforum that works? Registered User regular
    I do not want to watch Erika become Sadsad. Will I have to watch Erika become Sadsad?

WNskB.jpg
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Sadsad is one of the great surnames.

Wish I could be Tim Sadsad.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    I dunno, Levin Greco sounds pretty gangster.

WNskB.jpg
  • Options
    ThreeCubedThreeCubed Grandma Winky's fat ankles Registered User regular
    agilemania wrote: »
    For those curious about Fehlauer's last name (Hayes what?) I found this blogpost earlier on Mike and Darlyn's wedding site.

Thanks, I was wondering about that, too.

EyQGd.jpg
  • Options
    ThreeCubedThreeCubed Grandma Winky's fat ankles Registered User regular
    This was an excellent episode and everyone looked dashing except for Jerry in those pants.

EyQGd.jpg
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Mike looked awesome in that white hat getup. Also related to the Hayes choice for a last name, isn't Jerry's last name a combo last name or am I misremembering?

• Options
    MinuteWaltMinuteWalt Mister Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    What was Jerry reading from? That was strange and beautiful.

Edit: duh, Jerry said it's "since feeling is first" by e.e. cummings during the ep. I feel like an idiot.

MinuteWalt on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    agilemania wrote:
    Athenor wrote:

That was Dave Coffman, the PAX guy, who was most prominently featured previously in S2E23: The Retreat.

Having been in similar situations myself where I was being forced into doing something that I didn't want to do, I'm willing to bet that he didn't find it funny.
    Yeah, that is totally me at events where there is dancing. Though the hordes of women trying to dance with me is much less common. Much less.

I don't know if having Scott and Kris MC your reception is the best idea or the worst idea. Probably both simultaneously.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GalacticGalactic Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Some people are too embarrassed, too repressed, or simply too shy to dance in public. I'm usually like that, with the only exception being weddings. I dance at weddings because really, that day is not about me or how I feel. I don't mind looking silly for my friends.

Galactic on
    ^_-;

Too Galactic for you.
  • Options
    Sleepwalker9Sleepwalker9 Registered User regular
    Alcohol is the great equalizer.

Xbox Live: Reborn9
  • Options
    DurkhanusDurkhanus Commander Registered User regular
    Without it, I'd never be able to overcome myself.

• Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    This is the first episode of PATV I've watched, and I'm now spurred to watch more.

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Holy crap, Mike wearing his sword at the ceremony! Uncorking champagne with it! Cutting cake with it!

Baller.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Opty wrote:
    Mike looked awesome in that white hat getup. Also related to the Hayes choice for a last name, isn't Jerry's last name a combo last name or am I misremembering?

Yes, it's a combo of Holcomb and Jenkins or something very close to that, if I'm remembering correctly.

• Options
    MaigaardMaigaard Registered User regular
    I really like how Jerry has absolutely no understanding of pants.

• Options
    Roger WilcoRoger Wilco Registered User regular
    agilemania wrote:

I like him and his wife. I really do, but that was the most annoying thing I've ever read in my life.

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Actually that was the least annoying wedding blog I've ever read in my life.

• Options
    FandeathisFandeathis Registered User regular
    One of the best PATVs for sure. I absolutely loved the cargo pants mistake, which was totally made up for with the incredible choice of poem. E.E. Cummings has always been my favorite poet. Great to see people who really love each other getting married, and even better to see that they work with close and amazing friends. It's all so heartwarming!

You fuck wit' Die Antwoord, you fuck wit' da army.
  • Options
    KalTorak wrote:
    Actually that was the least annoying wedding blog I've ever read in my life.

Seconded.

WNskB.jpg
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Also Erika's hair = amazing

• Options
    Erika's everything = amazing

WNskB.jpg
  • Options
    LaemkralLaemkral Captain Punch King Chester, VARegistered User regular
    And that's why I have sworn I will wear a saber when I get married.

Avatar courtesy of MKR, and the strip I appeared in.
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    The trick when you don't want to dance, but someone (or someones) keeps pestering you to do so is to begrudgingly accept their request. Then, when you get on the dance floor, flail and spasm about in the most awkward and unpleasant way possible. Then you will not get asked to dance again.

• Options
    AurichAurich ArizonaRegistered User regular
    But you're describing like everyone on the dance floor at that reception.

...zing!

• Options
    DyneDyne Vancouver, WARegistered User new member
    If I were to ever have a wedding, I can only hope it'd be half as awesome as these two. I envy you guys!

• Options
    Chocolate AppleChocolate Apple Registered User new member
    Just watched this episode. Awesome.

Mr. Khoo, I noticed you wearing a First Party sweatshirt. Will these be made available to the rest of us?

• Options
    In the recent AMA, Khoo referred to 2012 as "the year of First Party" - I'm guessing we'll see a lot of new FP merch like the sweatshirt and hopefully the jackets.