As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] Super drunk new thread!

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote:
    Something I've actually been running on Rumble lately is move speed quints, especially when I'm solo-topping. Lets me give the double-deuce early on to would-be gankers when coupled with the Scrap Shield.
    Yeah, there are quite a few decent things you can run on him. He just happens to be one of the dudes who MPen Quints are appropriate on.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    19 Mpen page is so manly.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Fucking morons in solo Q man this is getting super fucking annoying today.

• Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Took 5 games and all night but I finally got a win with Ahri! I'm as bad with her as I thought I would be.

Also, the win was a game where the other team had a leaver and I was mid vs Vlad who was the most "durable". But dammit its a WIN!

Edit: I may have been one of those fucking morons. Unless it was ranked. I don't touch solo ranked.

Mr.Sunshine on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
  • Options
    Ahri with rylai's and wota is just so god damn powerful. Sorry Singed, you are literally helpless against me.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    Talith wrote:
    Ahri with rylai's and wota is just so god damn powerful. Sorry Singed, you are literally helpless against me.

ahri has usurped Cassiopeia at the top of my "learn this champion" list

it's rough going :(

• Options
    In three out of four games today I have gone positive , won my lane and had the best score on my team . I have lost every game. This is beyond bullshit.

• Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    In three out of four games today I have gone positive , won my lane and had the best score on my team . I have lost every game. This is beyond bullshit.

it's not enough! you gotta win your teammates' lanes for them too

go mid always, gank constantly, assure victory over everyone

• Options
    edited December 2011

it's not enough! you gotta win your teammates' lanes for them too

go mid always, gank constantly, assure victory over everyone

In one game mid quits after feeding I march my underleveled metal ass over there kill her twice and go and help bot . I still lost. The only fucking good news is that after this morning I am certain Morde #1 again. Shield always up never die! Shield does not protect moronic teammates.

Edit- I dont think my morde has ever lost mid vs ahri , maybe its a matchup thing?

Edit 2 - Removed rage induced ranting.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Well she doesn't have the heavy frontloaded damage needed to significantly hurt you, and she doesn't have the sustain to outlast you, so likely. Morde is indeed better than the spot he was in (The shield buff was actually pretty significant) He's just not able to 1v4 your team if one of you are half health anymore.

• Options
    ZyrxilZyrxil Registered User regular
    Dude, punctuation is your friend. I had to read that edit 5 times to parse anything but "I was the morde the mid that quit".

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Zyrxil wrote:
    Dude, punctuation is your friend. I had to read that edit 5 times to parse anything but "I was the morde the mid that quit".

Mashing the keyboard in rage. Usually go over my posts to correct shit like that .
    Moridin889 wrote:
    Well she doesn't have the heavy frontloaded damage needed to significantly hurt you, and she doesn't have the sustain to outlast you, so likely. Morde is indeed better than the spot he was in (The shield buff was actually pretty significant) He's just not able to 1v4 your team if one of you are half health anymore.

That makes a lot of sense to me , if I had ult and ignite she was as good as dead . Im still kinda amazed how such a touch to his shield and damage boosted his overall performance. How are you leveling your skills Moridin? Im going R>E>Q>W and its working for me but I dont know what the cool kids are leveling these days.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    I managed to get so fed as Jax that I took on Shaco, Graves, Lee Sin, and Pantheon by myself, and took two of them out while exhausted. Meanwhile, Kat, Sona, Voli, and Veigar decide to focus the enemy 4500hp 170Arm/MR Volibear and fail. It didn't matter how hard I pinged, it was terrible.

Jax jungle works pretty well, though.

• Options
    Carnarvon wrote:
    I managed to get so fed as Jax that I took on Shaco, Graves, Lee Sin, and Pantheon by myself, and took two of them out while exhausted. Meanwhile, Kat, Sona, Voli, and Veigar decide to focus the enemy 4500hp 170Arm/MR Volibear and fail. It didn't matter how hard I pinged, it was terrible.

Share my pain brother!

• Options
    TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    One of the only contentions I see between morde players is leveling Q or W after E. Both have pretty good merits it really just depends on if melee range is actually something you can get into

• Options
    One of the only contentions I see between morde players is leveling Q or W after E. Both have pretty good merits it really just depends on if melee range is actually something you can get into

So a judgement call then? As for range people are usually jumping me so I like having Q to hit them with when E is down. W would help laning against range though.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    a diligent support that maintains really stubborn brush control can kinda put the brakes on Leona/J4 as well

not that you see that very often in most solo queue games

Provided that they don't just murder him instead. Truthfully i think that against that combo you're best off to play a champion with a root or two and play passively. let the creeps come close to your tower so you have a measure of protection, ward the brush so you know when they're going to be close and then focus on farming so that they can't murder you. A ranged root to hold them while you run or preempt a jump. Sending a support into the brush without being able to kill one of the two before they murder your support is just asking for your support to get murdered first instead of your carry being murdered first.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    I think I have identified my real problem, and the impediment to me becoming a better player

I get cocky

What I mean by that is, my win streak is always roughly "win two, lose two" and if I think back to my games I know what happens

The first game I play I am just ON- I blow people up, farm everything, gank everyone, and ruin the other team. Game two is similar, but my score is always lower, then I start to go negative, then just straight up feed

Remembering how I played in the first games makes me a worse player in subsequent games, because I overstep myself. I think "oh yeah I totally was unkillable last game I can totally towerdive them at level 2 and be fine"

Nooope.

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular

So a judgement call then? As for range people are usually jumping me so I like having Q to hit them with when E is down. W would help laning against range though.

It's a tough call. They both are very good. Personally, I get to level 2 or 3 Q before levelling E the rest of the way. It helps for clearing waves, and the extra damage is nice in standup fights. The shield wins out due to it's constant tics of damage and resistances. W generates constant shield, which allows you to stand in their creeps, E at them, and take no damage even if they toss something back.

• Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    Carnarvon wrote:

Share my pain brother!

I did have a really sweet moment where I was devouring Graves when Lee Sin Dragon Kicked me away and then flashed back. I responded by Leaping to a minion, flashing after them, Leaped to Lee Sin, Gunblade'd Graves for a kill, and then lamp'd Lee Sin to death.

• Options
    Future BluesFuture Blues Registered User regular
    Moridin889 wrote:

It's a tough call. They both are very good. Personally, I get to level 2 or 3 Q before levelling E the rest of the way. It helps for clearing waves, and the extra damage is nice in standup fights. The shield wins out due to it's constant tics of damage and resistances. W generates constant shield, which allows you to stand in their creeps, E at them, and take no damage even if they toss something back.

The big thing is that leveling W reduces its cooldown which means you can keep it up all the time if you level it before Q. Keeping Q at level 1 also ensures that the life cost of Q remains low until you're more prepared to take the damage every time you attack with it. I used to level E>Q>W but as soon as I switched to E>W>Q after reading a bunch of theory and mathcrafting I started doing a lot better.

Xbox Live: No Reply
    Steam: Jacobontap
    LoL: FutureBlues
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I run into the same people over and over and over in Dominion. It's getting to the point where I can target ban normal draft based on guessing who is on the other team. o_O

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    WhytherWhyther Registered User regular
    Tommatt wrote:
    This wrote:
    Do we know when the holiday stuff disappears? I'm still undecided on whether I want to get Snowmerdinger.

This. Debating maoki. Bought two haloween skins though
    January 10th

• Options
    Someone once told me that Singed's strength is that he punishes bad players/bad plays

I think this is completely true.

Facing Irelia/Renekton in lane with Ezreal on my side?

Ezreal overextends a bit, they collapse on him, he flashes away and I toss him Renekton who melts as he walks through my poison trail.

Also, I had a fun game with a Caitlyn. She put traps in the bushes and I would toss people onto them and watch them melt in my poison cloud.

This also works with Shaco+Singed

• Options
    Also Cleanse is so trolly on singed

take THAT ignite

• Options
    SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular
    Arch wrote:
    Someone once told me that Singed's strength is that he punishes bad players/bad plays

I think this is completely true.

Facing Irelia/Renekton in lane with Ezreal on my side?

Ezreal overextends a bit, they collapse on him, he flashes away and I toss him Renekton who melts as he walks through my poison trail.

Also, I had a fun game with a Caitlyn. She put traps in the bushes and I would toss people onto them and watch them melt in my poison cloud.

This also works with Shaco+Singed

I was watching Chaox stream last night and he went up against Dyrus who was jungling Singed. Man, that looked awesome. Dyrus is a great player, so maybe I can't do it, but those ganks were pretty much guaranteed kills, I'm not sure I could mess it up. Ima gonna try it out soon.

Also, he never ganked from the river, only ever from their jungle, and by the time they saw him, it was too late.

Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
  • Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    Carnarvon wrote:

Share my pain brother!

The quality of players has really dropped over the holiday, which tends to happen. I lost 3 in a row yesterday because of some really bad teammates. But whatevs, as long as I'm playing well, it doesn't bother me too much.

• Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    I've noticed some terribad pubs these days. One of the worst Udyrs I've seen and a racist too!

That said, our next game had pubs who were good at teamwork, so it was awesome. Nothing like WW ult + Mord ult + Rammus taunt on enemy jungle. He even bought oracles because he didn't know how we were getting vision, but missed my middle lane brush ward. :bz

• Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    i had a game with a jungle singed, died to red lizard then blue golem and quit the game

• Options
    SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular
    i had a game with a jungle singed, died to red lizard then blue golem and quit the game

There was also a jungle Alistar in the Chaox game that came out of the jungle with red buff at level 2. Slaughtered the flashless Soraka, it was pretty funny.

Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    i saw the dyrus singed game, it really looked like once he got his core items they couldnt touch him

i kinda see why they ban singed a lot

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Talith wrote:
    I run into the same people over and over and over in Dominion. It's getting to the point where I can target ban normal draft based on guessing who is on the other team. o_O

I'm pretty sure I saw you a couple times when I was playing a few weeks ago, and from what I've heard from the group I occasionally play with (Waterd, CWheezy, a couple others) they basically always see the same people as well.

Irrelevant sidenote: Because of all that play, I'm pretty sure I have to play Urgot on Dominion at this point, or I wind up doing very poorly.

milski on
    I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    So I was trying to do the new accounts as yi in an intermediate game as was suggested, and I couldnt do jack SHIT. The bots just supremely own you without organization (which no one has).

So I went beginner with AP yi. Much more successful.

• Options
    TrusTrus Registered User regular
  • Options
    milski wrote:
    Talith wrote:

I'm pretty sure I saw you a couple times when I was playing a few weeks ago, and from what I've heard from the group I occasionally play with (Waterd, CWheezy, a couple others) they basically always see the same people as well.

Irrelevant sidenote: Because of all that play, I'm pretty sure I have to play Urgot on Dominion at this point, or I wind up doing very poorly.

You probably have seen me.

On dominion I basically just play either Ahri, Riven, or Ezreal exclusively.

On the rare occasions that they are all banned or taken (why does that shit happen) I also play LeBlanc, Blitz and Vayne.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Trus wrote:

My god man try dodging those wild cards. D:

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Talith wrote:
    milski wrote:
    Talith wrote:

You probably have seen me.

On dominion I basically just play either Ahri, Riven, or Ezreal exclusively.

On the rare occasions that they are all banned or taken (why does that shit happen) I also play LeBlanc, Blitz and Vayne.

I'm pretty sure in at least one game, you kicked my ass as Vayne (well, it was really close, but the game dragged on long enough you were near invincible; I was Urgot beating up a WW bot most of the time).

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    i saw the dyrus singed game, it really looked like once he got his core items they couldnt touch him

i kinda see why they ban singed a lot

Singed is probably just south of OP right now. Crazy strong after level 6, and almost impossible to kill if the player is good. He also punishes people hard for bad decisions. So it's easier just to ban him then deal with that god damn glue all game.

Really though, number one counter to singed is; don't chase him. Also Vayne hard counters him.

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    TrusTrus Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Talith wrote:
    Trus wrote:

My god man try dodging those wild cards. D:

NO! I was lulling him into a false sense of security

Trus on
    qFN53.png