As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[STEAM] DONE! Go post in the younger, sexier thread.

• busfahrerbusfahrer addict GermanyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Hi,

I'm currently not at my PC, so I can't check for any pending interactions with the Steam client, but I will get to that as soon as I'm back at my PC, which will be in a couple of hours.

I just wanna take this opportunity to re-post this from yesterday, the giveaway will be running for a few more hours at the very least. Please enter!

VeP7P.pngbusfahrer's little birthday giveaway VeP7P.png

Since today is both my birthday and also christmas, I decided to give away a bunch of gifts I have saved up over time. Nothing fancy, but perhaps some of you find something on my list that you have wanted anyway. And if not, perhaps you find something that you didn't want until today :)

In any case, please participate if there's something on that list that even only slightly interests you!

How to participate
    • You participate by sending me a PM telling me which item (only one item, please) you want, and including your email address (please include the address even if we're friends on Steam)
    • One entry per person
    • Your account has to be at least 6 months old (if your profile says June 2011, it's OK) and a reasonable amount of posts
    • I don't know when I'll get around to sorting it all out, but the giveaway will run at least until some point on the 25th, and possibly longer
    • edit: To clarify, this is not first-come-first-serve, but instead I will have a drawing for each entry that has multiple submissions, after I close the giveaway (as I said, which should be sometime on the 25th the soonest, when I get around to it)
    • edit2: Please realize that I can give the bundles away only as a whole, and not in parts, so by entering for Machinarium for example, I'd take that as you entering for the Humble Bundle #2.

The List
    Note: Items marked in italics are ones that I only have Steam keys for, so keep that in mind. Mostly (only?) makes a difference with the Humble Bundles. Some of them are the real deal (an URL to the humble page that's your own), some of them are just the key so you can unlock the games on Steam. Also note that the Humble Bundles always include Steam keys, so you'll have the games on Steam in either case, so it shouldn't make much of a difference for most people in this thread.
    Happy holidays! :mrgreen:

busfahrer on
    B2b1M.gif
    Twitter: busfahrer -- Quake Live: busfahrer -- StarCraft II: busfahrer.184 (EU)
  • übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Merry Christmas Gentlemen and Ladies. May your Gamebanks overflow.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • PatboyXPatboyX Registered User regular
    Merry Christmas!

I'm still waiting for AdditionalPylons to PM me to claim his prize.
    (hint: if you are AdditionalPylons and reading this, PM me.)

"lenny bruce is not afraid..."
    brush1rt1.jpg
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Merry Christmas!

Reminder: Free Diggle Nog.

signature.png

Steam: offday
    the person who won my giveaway is Achilles Last Stand...ive never heard of him or seen him post in here under that name. Anyone know him/her?

The person you are looking for is @Achilles Last Stand - if you click on one of his comments, you can see his Steam sig

B2b1M.gif
  • SkyTurnsRedSkyTurnsRed Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    busfahrer wrote:
    Hi,

I'm currently not at my PC, so I can't check for any pending interactions with the Steam client, but I will get to that as soon as I'm back at my PC, which will be in a couple of hours.

I just wanna take this opportunity to re-post this from yesterday, the giveaway will be running for a few more hours at the very least. Please enter!

VeP7P.pngbusfahrer's little birthday giveaway VeP7P.png

Since today is both my birthday and also christmas, I decided to give away a bunch of gifts I have saved up over time. Nothing fancy, but perhaps some of you find something on my list that you have wanted anyway. And if not, perhaps you find something that you didn't want until today :)

In any case, please participate if there's something on that list that even only slightly interests you!

How to participate
    • You participate by sending me a PM telling me which item (only one item, please) you want, and including your email address (please include the address even if we're friends on Steam)
    • One entry per person
    • Your account has to be at least 6 months old (if your profile says June 2011, it's OK) and a reasonable amount of posts
    • I don't know when I'll get around to sorting it all out, but the giveaway will run at least until some point on the 25th, and possibly longer
    • edit: To clarify, this is not first-come-first-serve, but instead I will have a drawing for each entry that has multiple submissions, after I close the giveaway (as I said, which should be sometime on the 25th the soonest, when I get around to it)
    • edit2: Please realize that I can give the bundles away only as a whole, and not in parts, so by entering for Machinarium for example, I'd take that as you entering for the Humble Bundle #2.

The List
    Note: Items marked in italics are ones that I only have Steam keys for, so keep that in mind. Mostly (only?) makes a difference with the Humble Bundles. Some of them are the real deal (an URL to the humble page that's your own), some of them are just the key so you can unlock the games on Steam. Also note that the Humble Bundles always include Steam keys, so you'll have the games on Steam in either case, so it shouldn't make much of a difference for most people in this thread.
    Happy holidays! :mrgreen:

Holy classy! Wow!

Happy holidays everyone. Won't be posting today, sadly. I'll be in the chat way later tonight.

• FynathFynath Registered User regular
    Merry Christmas, everybody. :)

steam_sig.png
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    I second the notion that @busfahrer is a classy gentleman. Merry Christmas. :D

Reposting this so it doesn't get lost:

Final Christmas Giveaway!

http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/m7RU5/mass-effect

http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/j75WQ/mass-effect-2

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Not sure whether to pay more attention to this thread or the one in the Christmas Hangout!

• GaardeanGaardean Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote:
    jclast wrote:
    I wish I'd bought extra copies of Renegade Ops during the $3 sale just to give them away, because this game rules and everyone should have a copy.

Everyone with a controller who likes explosions, that is.
    I could have bought and gifted multiples from Amazon? I thought that since Amazon keeps track of a game library that it would restrict me to one copy of any given game. :(

Hmm, interesting. Perhaps it would be possible to do it the old-fashioned way and send the additional copies to dummy accounts or e-mail addresses, rather like we used to have to do on Steam when we wanted to stockpile copies before the inventory system was implemented?

You actually can stockpile CD keys in your Amazon library. I've got multiple copies of Renegade Ops and Deus Ex in my account, it just makes a list of them all in each game entry.

Also, Merry Christmas, all!

steam_sig.png
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    busfahrer wrote:
    the person who won my giveaway is Achilles Last Stand...ive never heard of him or seen him post in here under that name. Anyone know him/her?

The person you are looking for is @Achilles Last Stand - if you click on one of his comments, you can see his Steam sig

Yes, and he is a classy gentleman.

• slappybagslappybag Local Badass Minnesota, USARegistered User regular
    Ketar wrote:
    I've stayed away from MOBAs given all the talk about terrible communities, steep learning curves, and abuse of noobs who don't know the ins and outs. I actually had a good time doing the Rise of the Immortals achievement too. Granted, it was 3vAI, but the basic gameplay was more interesting than I expected. I thought DOTA 2 would somehow be the first Valve game I don't get into, but I can see at least trying it for a few weeks now.

The dota community on WC3 has been generally shitty, when I first started playing they didn't give 2 shits that I was new and proceeded to make sure I couldn't even fight. One of my "teammates" proceeded to follow me around and use some teleportation ability he has and put me back in spawn. Any where I went.

• PodunkPodunk Registered User regular
    Merry Christmas, Steam Thread!

camo_sig2.png
  • Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    I have an extra copy of Portal. And since it's the season of giving, I will give it to the first person to PM me about it. Keep it for yourself, or give to a friend!

• cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Merry Christmas Thread!

I don't post much in G&T, used to post more in TF2 but have been terribly busy with work these past weeks. I'm mostly a GV poster. Do you consider me new since I just read here or can someone take a look and tell me where I stand, I don't want to enter any give-aways or ask anyone for something and be considered a moocher, leecher or dirty scoundrel (or any other nastiness I hear about these heathens stealing from our community).

cardboard delusions on
  • DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    Everyone with Cave Story+ should check out the game today, they decorated the whole game. It must have been a lot of work, I'm impressed.

• jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Got the Rush achievement this morning. Wasn't too bad except the snowflakes don't always show up meaning you have to exit the game and restart a few times.

EDIT: No idea why it thinks I am playing Spiral Knights. I tried yesterday and couldn't get it to launch. Weird.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    Got a copy of Payday: The Heist last night for the Jamestown achievement, and then got a copy of STORM: Frontline Nation today for crafting 7 coal. Unfortunately now I'm 1 short of crafting again, with no easily grabbed prizes. :(

Also, while fun, Wings of Prey is pretty frick'n hard even on Arcade.

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    Merry Christmas Steam Thread!

signature.png

camo_sig2.png
  • ironsizideironsizide You must whip it Registered User regular
    I decided to look into this whole steamgifts thing and decided to put up a couple of game that no one on my friends list has on their wishlist or already has them. So without further ado:
    http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/HyrJd/audiosurf
    http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/QxcEh/defense-grid-the-awakening
    (How does one do those marvelous banners?)
    I made them open to the general PA group just before reading about the warning above. I have to check if I'm a member of the G&T Adventure group for future giveaways.

Both of those games are pretty rad and have winter achievements attached to them!

|_
    Oo\ Ironsizide
    camo_sig2.png
  • CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    ironsizide wrote:
    I decided to look into this whole steamgifts thing and decided to put up a couple of game that no one on my friends list has on their wishlist or already has them. So without further ado:
    http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/HyrJd/audiosurf
    http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/QxcEh/defense-grid-the-awakening
    (How does one do those marvelous banners?)
    I made them open to the general PA group just before reading about the warning above. I have to check if I'm a member of the G&T Adventure group for future giveaways.

Both of those games are pretty rad and have winter achievements attached to them!

Go to your giveaway, there's a comments, entries, and forum signature tab. Copy paste the URL.

• tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    One hour left on my Christmas giveaway (maybe I should have extended it...) Only one entry so far--your odds are pretty good!

signature.png

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • EntriechEntriech ? ? ? ? ? Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Merry Steamsmas, folks! And Merry Christmas too, I suppose.
    Is there anyone out there who has never played the HL2 series? If so, I've got a complete set of HL2 and both episodes up for grabs. Just PM the reason why you haven't gotten around to playing it before!

• ironsizideironsizide You must whip it Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote:
    Go to your giveaway, there's a comments, entries, and forum signature tab. Copy paste the URL.

It's in such light grey text that I totally missed it until you pointed it out. Thank you, classy sir.

|_
    Oo\ Ironsizide
    camo_sig2.png
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    So which of the deer hunting game things is good?

edited December 2011
    Darlan wrote:
    Everyone with Cave Story+ should check out the game today, they decorated the whole game. It must have been a lot of work, I'm impressed.

Yeah, it's awesome. I thought only your character got the Christmas treatment, but there's little surprises all over the game.
    tuxkamen wrote:
    One hour left on my Christmas giveaway (maybe I should have extended it...) Only one entry so far--your odds are pretty good!

signature.png

Also, enter this man's giveaway. VVVVVV is one of the greatest indie games I've ever played.

anoffday on
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    If for some reason you don't own Skyrim already, and for some other reason you haven't bought it for $40, well get moving. You've got an hour and a half.

Merry Christmas, Steam thread!

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    Ok. So this is my first Christmas on these forums. Do I post here when the new deals hit... or the Steam Thread on the Christmas forum?

• SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    nooooo, P2 won't play at all on my system.
    I NEED TO TEST.

edited December 2011
    tuxkamen wrote:

signature.png

Also, enter this man's giveaway. VVVVVV is one of the greatest indie games I've ever played.

I forgot all about the Christmas hangout!

No, you can still post here I think?

edit: I take that back. Post in the Christmas hangout. Usually they close these forums, but both are open and I just realized why this thread is so dead now.

anoffday on
  • oakkeoakke Registered User regular
    Ok. So this is my first Christmas on these forums. Do I post here when the new deals hit... or the Steam Thread on the Christmas forum?

Glad I'm not the only one feeling lost now.

steam_sig.png
    Clearly I can, but where should I?

• InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    Usually the rest of the forum shuts down. This is the first Christmas where there's been this issue. Its probably safe to just hang out in the Christmas forum.

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
    InkSplat wrote:
    Usually the rest of the forum shuts down. This is the first Christmas where there's been this issue. Its probably safe to just hang out in the Christmas forum.

Okey doke

• oluapoluap Registered User regular
    Clearly I can, but where should I?
    You could just make posts on both threads. That way no one misses it.

• TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    Merry Christmas to all of you classy people out there, and to everyone else too!!

My gf continues to prove to be awesome and has given me a razer black widow ultimate! The clickity clack of the keys is intoxicating <3

steam_sig.png
  • mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    huh so apparently you can send friend requests through the web without the client

camo_sig.png
  • LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    Repost:

signature.png

signature.png

You have to be a regular poster, more than 25 post this past week, been around for 6+ months, not a lurker, etc. If you meet this requirement, you're free to enter.

XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
    Holy duplicate gifts, batman!

The awesome 6zSgl.png@Drake qUSGz.png gifted me Swarm Arena!

Then, both 6zSgl.png@TNTrooper qUSGz.png and 6zSgl.png@minor incident qUSGz.png came along and gave me the first S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game! I ended up accepting minor's, because his arrived earlier.

As if that wasn't enough classiness in one day, I received the gift of Polynomial not from one, not from two, but from three people:
    From 6zSgl.png@Elin qUSGz.png, 6zSgl.png@Gaardean qUSGz.png and 6zSgl.png@Ashe qUSGz.png. Once again, I accepted Gaardean's gift because it has been in my mailbox the longest.

Thanks all of you, I once again am astounded by the amount of class in this community <3

And sorry that I was so busy that I couldn't accept them sooner, that would perhaps have prevented the duplicate gifts... I hope you'll find good homes for those games, they look great :)

B2b1M.gif
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Can i be invited to the PA steam group?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/21stCenturyMan/

Thanks in advance.

This discussion has been closed.