As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Help identifying nuclear strike game

EbessanEbessan __BANNED USERS regular
edited December 2011 in Games and Technology
There's a game where you just look at a map of the world. You can build different ranged nuclear missiles and move submarines for a while. Then there's a phase where everybody launches the missiles. The graphics are very minimal. I think it was a independently-released game. Maybe released five years ago or so. It was allegedly based on some nuclear strike principle. Everybody gets attacked but the country who suffers the least losses wins. Anyone know the name? I have the game but I can't find it.

Ebessan on

• Options
    Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    DEFCON, by Introversion.

• Options
    EbessanEbessan __BANNED USERS regular
    That's it. Thanks.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Love that game.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    I loved the minimalist sound effects when the nukes start impacting,

*thud thud thud*

23 million casualities, 15 million casualties, 8 million casualties...

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I really should dig up my Introversion shop account and put that game on Steam. I have a nicer computer now.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    The best part is the soundtrack, what with the quiet sobbing as you issue launch orders.

Edit: Also, if anyone's wondering, the game still has a modest, active online playerbase. Not much, but enough to find at least one full server most of the time.

Dongs Galore on
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote:
    I really should dig up my Introversion shop account and put that game on Steam. I have a nicer computer now.

There's a present-granting achievement for it, if that helps.

• Options
    GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    The best part is the soundtrack, what with the quiet sobbing as you issue launch orders.

As soon as I heard the sobbing in the background as I played the demo, I knew that I could never, ever play this game again. I just can't handle it.

steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Isn't Nuclear Strike an actual game too?

• Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    Anyone want to turn this into a game on? I'd be up for some DEFCON games over the next few days.

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote:
    Isn't Nuclear Strike an actual game too?

It is. Overhead shooter.

• Options
    EVOLEVOL Registered User regular
    I thought DEFCON, having the subtitle 'Everybody Dies' and all would be humorous, but... Wow... That game's fucking heavy.