As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Oxeyegames/curse is deleting post/threads,

ThyGuyXThyGuyX Registered User regular
edited December 2011 in Social Entropy++
About a week or so ago I bought the Cobalt Alpha. It isn't exactly my kind of game but I did believe it had potential. My friend, Neillithan, loves these kind of games, so I let him play my copy. He loved the game and quickly started finding bugs and thinking of ways to improve the game. He decided to make a YouTube video of his thoughts of improvement and suggestions.

December 21, this video was posted as a thread on the cobalt forum and youtube at the same time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BBpOkvRU0Q&feature=youtu.be&hd=1

YouTube comments were disabled to help create discussion on the thread. The thread quickly became heated as the fanboys of the community swarmed, not wanting the game to be changed in any way. According to them, a brand new ALPHA game, that has NEVER had a update, was perfect.

Cobalt is hardly a polished game (It is however, a very decent game), and the issues Neil brought are were legitimate, and his suggestions reasonable. Debating occurred. Some people liked some of the suggestions, some people thought both ways should be enabled in the game, but some were adamant that nothing be changed ever and everyone who disagreed should be chased from the community.

The next day something amazing happened. TheWreck (Head developer of Cobalt) posted in the thread with a massive comment. He agreed with all of Neillithan's ideas except for the ability to use the mouse to aim. Neil posted a response and we waited to see if he would reply. Being very near Christmas, we didn't expect a post for a few days, and the debate in the thread continued.

This morning I checked the thread to see if anyone else had responded or maybe TheWreck. But I couldn't find the thread. After checking three times I realized that the thread had been deleted for apparently no reason.

Neil logged on and couldn't believe it, and checked himself to make sure it had been deleted, and then found this message, along with a warning of violation, from the moderator Opeth.

http://img1.uploadscreenshot.com/images/orig/12/35804040546-orig.jpg

This thread was watched by the moderators for four days, with moderators even posting in the thread, reminding people to be civil (It was at times a very heated debate). The fact of the matter is, Opeth disagreed with Neil's ideas and suggestions and deleted the thread, despite the fact of it having a response from the head developer.

We attempted to get the thread restored, but the Opeth would not budge. The Cobalt forums block caching with google, so we're unable to get the thread back (“http://www.cobaltforum.net/topic/659-some-of-my-constructive-criticisms-ideas” if you want to give it a shot). But if you look at Neil's profile, you'll see he has 30+ post, all of which were part of that thread.

This is incredibly oppressive and immature, and should never be tolerated.

So what do I want from this. I'm not sure. This is just fucked up and I know the Penny Arcade community loathes this kind of stuff. Do what you will with the information.

ThyGuyX on

• Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I've never even heard of this game.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    It's basically a sister company of Mojang, piggybacking off MineCraft's success. It was posted on the minecraft forums a few weeks ago.

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    I fail to see how this is

anything

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Also, who are you?

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    ThyGuyX wrote: »
    It's basically a sister company of Mojang, piggybacking off MineCraft's success. It was posted on the minecraft forums a few weeks ago.

o...k?

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Are we supposed to care? Do you want us to raid them?

Because that will most definitely NOT happen.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    So when are we gonna get a demo for scrolls, that is what I want to know.

• Options
    I wonder if this thread will get deleted and then he'll move on to another forum complaining about the first incident as well as that one

and so it goes, a snowballing tale of forum moderators deleting boring threads

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    B_RB_R Registered User regular
    Internet forums...how do they work?

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I'm not 100% sure, but apparently it is a very sombre undertaking.

Possibly even serious business?

• Options
    something something FREE SPEECH hurgle burgle

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    GalyGaly Registered User regular
    It was me. I deleted the OP's precious thread.

mustache w/ hat c|:{
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    You monster!

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    ScolbertScolbert Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj7LfR5Ee2c&feature=player_embedded

this is a hacking thread now tell me all about your hacks

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    the hell are you doing here

get over to the christmas hangout!

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    I doubt they will delete the thread.

Did you say a raid? I'm sorry, is this 4chan, or did I somehow arrive on reddit? Anon? Scumbag tactics will never solve anything. Crawl back into your hole and go fap to some Shota.

THIS is what supports PAX, and Child Play? I find that fucking hilarious. I expected decent people, but now I know exactly how Jerry and Mike get their ideas for the comic anymore; they just go on their forums and look around for a few minutes.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    bahahahah

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    WietWiet Mao Mao Registered User regular
    Wrap it up guys we just got super told.

XStly.jpg
  • Options
    dang

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    You made an account solely to complain about something, and two years later you resurrect it to...complain about something.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    damn, a barrage of jargon and judgment

we are slain

4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    But honestly, I'm not even going to stay and listen to the lolzy comments that will follow after this. You guys have a nice day in your shithole forum. :D

• Options
    man, we weren't even mean this time

talk about a disproportionate response

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    QQ

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Man, c'mon. What kind of a response do you expect? I mean, now we know... What are we gonna do now?

• Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    Okay later, merry christmas, guy

• Options
    Guys I was browsing the forum and this guy @ThyGuyX was a mean jerk!!!!!!

So what do I want from this. I'm not sure. This is just fucked up and I know the Penny Arcade community loathes this kind of stuff. Do what you will with the information.

uc3ufTB.png
This discussion has been closed.